Thread: Has anything substantive changed for dragons in the past 6 months?

Akelan

Default Has anything substantive changed for dragons in the past 6 months?

I left Horizons for World of Warcraft, which has some excellent technical components, a totally pointless PvP "system" and nothing to do once you solo to 60 except repeat the same 5 dungeons endlessly hoping for a 1 in 1000 drop of one piece of epic armor for your class.

I was interested enough to take a look back when I got the email inviting former subscribers to log in, but at this point, I can't see anything but the same unkept promises I got tired of waiting for before I left.

Has anything really changed for Dragons?Can some of you that are still active tell me, honestly, if the game is better for us than it was 6 months ago, and does it hold any more promise than when we were told that lairs would be coming "soon" and the ARoP was immenenant, 6 or 7 months ago?

Default Re: Has anything substantive changed for dragons in the past 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Akelan
    I left Horizons for World of Warcraft, which has some excellent technical components, a totally pointless PvP "system" and nothing to do once you solo to 60 except repeat the same 5 dungeons endlessly hoping for a 1 in 1000 drop of one piece of epic armor for your class.

I was interested enough to take a look back when I got the email inviting former subscribers to log in, but at this point, I can't see anything but the same unkept promises I got tired of waiting for before I left.

Has anything really changed for Dragons?Can some of you that are still active tell me, honestly, if the game is better for us than it was 6 months ago, and does it hold any more promise than when we were told that lairs would be coming "soon" and the ARoP was immenenant, 6 or 7 months ago?
    Yes, things have changed quite a bit, and for the better. Almost every patch that gets pushed to live has some dragon loving included.

Recently, we've gotten armor boosts (native, and when we lvl up), our buffs have been...well...buffed, and dragon breath is now on a 30-second timer.

On the downside, don't expect many server-wide events like the Satyr or Dryad events. TG has switched over to frequent WM-run events.

Lairs are not implemented yet. ARoP is being implemented onto Blight in bits and pieces.

The patch notes are available in the News forum, if you want to read them.

The game still has "issues", no doubt. However, life as a Dragon has improved significantly over the last few months, mainly:

1. Long-standing deficiencies in our signature attacks, including linking skill to our specials, and lowering the timer on Breath of Fire.
    2. We have 6 intrinsic armor per level now, and our scale adornments give additional armor.
    3. ARoP is just around the corner. We're testing it on Blight.
    4. Most of our crafting ability quests are complete to L100 now.

Quite a few other little things as well.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Look for yourself at a reply I maintain at Recent Updates - http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=36840

Maltavorn highlighted the major changes.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus

3. ARoP is just around the corner. We're testing it on Blight.
    Actually, that's a bit misleading. Only a very small part of ARoP is actually being tested on Blight shard. The rest of it hasn't appeared on Blight shard yet.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Thread Information