Thread: People in "another game" are laughing at people playing another game

Default People in "another game" are laughing at people playing another game

OK, so this is about another forum (the WoW forum) but I just thought I'd pass this on.

Apparently, people who play CoH are laughing about the people who play WoW, calling them whiners and crybabies.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1#post2499949

Human nature in action, and offers some entertaining reading.

Default Re: People in "another game" are laughing at people playing another game

Kind of sad that the WoW players are slamming their own community and forums. I've never even remotely been interested in WoW, but seeing the game's official forums filled with "our community sucksand most of the players are immature jerks" leaves a very negative first impression.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Default Re: People in "another game" are laughing at people playing another game

Well, the posters on the WoW forums tend to be like here, more or less the same guys. And since WoW is much more action packed than Hz the hugest majority won't even touch the forums like i.e. I do when my characters dig in Hz for minutes.

And yes, those posters are generally huge whiners and yes there's plenty of jerks.

Fortunately they are happily clumped together on the PvP shards where they self craft their hell of stupidity. The other shards are way better, I have characters on 3 of them and I met many nice people, including several from Horizons (that did not magically become jerks just by switching to WoW).
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Well said Vahrokh.

There are Horizons players on the server that I selected to play on too and none of them have become overnight jerks because they joined WoW.

I keep reading on this forum about WoW players being an odd lot, and heard it in chat a good few times in game, and to be honest, I haven't found it to be true.

I may well have struck lucky with server choice or my measure of what makes a jerk may be different than that of some people here. In all, there are good folk in WoW as there was/is in Horizons. Equally there is a small number of wallies in WoW as there was/is in Horizons. Again, I would re-iterate that my idea of a wally may not be the next persons idea of a wally.

I do think that it is possible that because of the sheer numbers of folks posting on the WoW forums it could appear that there is a lot of folks stating their issues/"whines"/concerns etc. However, that said, if you took a like for like proportion of the posts to equal the number of posters here, it may prove that the "whines" etc were in fact comparable when you consider the amount of extra posters at the WoW forums.

Whilst I found the community here very cosy and pleasant, I honestly cannot say that the community in WoW is anything like what is implied here by some.

Rainbow

Thread Information