Thread: Hmmm, can't find a thread on this yet.

LarianLeQuella

Default Hmmm, can't find a thread on this yet.

Okay, I want to have Horizon's on both computers, and I hated the patch I had to go through just to get the game running, so I copied the entire Horizons directory onto a DVD disc and then copied the directory to the hard drive on the other computer. However, when I go to the website to start the game, nothing happens.

Do I have to run the installer or something to "map" the game or something? I just hated the patch, but I suppose I need to do it over again....

Default Re: Hmmm, can't find a thread on this yet.

Hmm, I would guess the game adds something to the registry when it's installed so you're missing that. Therefore, my suggestion is to install the game from the CD/trial exe first, then overwrite that with the patched version of the game from your DVD.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

LarianLeQuella

Yep, that's what I ended up doing. :) Thanks.

Azuroth

FYI a direct copy of a program will almost never work in windows, since most programs install registry keys, and a few put things in more than their home directory.

Fridlekh

A bit late now, but yeah, a .reg file with the following contents would "install" HZ in the default location:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ArtifactEntertainment]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ArtifactEntertainment\ Horizons]
    @="C:\\Program Files\\Artifact Entertainment\\Horizons"

note: With just that registry entry in place, you can patch to a full working copy of the game using the patching system. (you may need to create the root directory) Useful as an alternative to downloading the demo, then installing, then patching.

Thread Information