Thread: The Latest Trend - Robbing Guild Structures

Default The Latest Trend - Robbing Guild Structures

As you might be aware, there's a new sport in Istaria, and it's paying well.

All you need to do is to pretend you're interested in joining a guild, then go empty out anything and everything of value from any structures you can find that are on Guild Only access. Who knows what you'll find, for the taking, and FREE!

So, just as a general warning, be careful who you throw a /guildinvite to...

Default Re: The Latest Trend - Robbing Guild Structures

Whoa -- I really wonder how such people manage to find fun in their game. And how they can stand to look at themselves in a mirror. To exploit the trust of others is about the basest, meanest -- well let me just say if such people manage to hold on to a positive self-esteem, they are delusional.

Maybe they think they are clever -- but they are simply scum. (<-- in case the curse filter strikes here a hint as to the word I used. It refers to "a layer of dirty or unpleasant-looking substance that forms on the surface of a liquid").
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

I am sadden to see how greedy..selfish..cowardly playersare black marking our fair land of istaria...

But thier is a simple fix for this in my eye's...

I am sure the devs could easly code this too...

Friends access list is made transferrable to the storage structures...

We already have a friends list on the Red barriers forour plot...

Hopesome Dev reads this...

[:|]

Its allways a risk then as we shouldnt be afraid to let our guilds grow should we? My interviews or chats before letting anyone into to Kushan Sogd takes around an hour for each member though. If a so called cheater passes it, well; bad luck for us I would say.

So Korial. How do we know anyone is a griefer and thief?
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Quote Originally Posted by Vanaondo

We can't. We can only make a note of the names of those who engage in such activities, and warn others about them.

Mydnyght

Just because you have the red barrier up doesn't mean people still can't access the structures if it's on allow all or guild only, the red barrier just doesn't let people in the plot, you can still access storage buildings, silo,s connies if there close enough just to let you know that the red barrier is really... a waste of time.

Hopefully not many reads this forum to know about this...
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Ocmer

Thx fot the warning will extend my guild interview to 1.5 hours just to be sure [;)]

It doesnt matter how long you keep a new initiat from being allowed access to guild stuff... [8-)]
    If they think that something interesting can be found they will probably find it worth the wait... [:)]

Personally I hope this kinda stops the agressive guild recruitings (likethose I have been experiencing since I started my main and 2 alts ) and the guildmembers first get to know the new or old players before offering a join... [;)]

If they really like to join a guild... They will anyway so whats the hurry... [H]

(And there are always those that always nicely refuse or simply ignore offers of joining a guild... like me) [:$]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy
    Personally I hope this kinda stops the agressive guild recruitings (likethose I have been experiencing since I started my main and 2 alts ) and the guildmembers first get to know the new or old players before offering a join... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    Well maybe, but what we talking about here is, that ppl asks the guild for a join - was the same for the other cases I know. The almost funny point is, that it'sin some cases thesame ppl who doing the robbing thingie and throwing Guild invites (with other chars) to every unguilded one in sight....

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Well I dont know about that, but when I play my main or alts I only get invites...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Korial
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Vanaondo wrote:

We can't. We can only make a note of the names of those who engage in such activities, and warn others about them.
    I think it's just a game for some. Then in the end it doesn't matter what they steal it would just be the fact they could steal or the fact they might be able to steal more then once with the same trick screaming sucker while leaving.

Don't try to understand to see the sense in these peoples actions cause there is only one person served in their action which is themselves. I'm glad that we have decided to close our invitation system down to a few people instead of the whole guild.
    And even when someone gets thru the pre-selection they still get the chat with one of the other recruiters. Ofcourse you always have some people you feel you can add but after what you mentioned in this tread it seems only more necessarly to do this first.

Shades

Ok this is something ive heard of before.. we (Angelic Protectors) which i am a long term member of had one player which we believe could be, what i have nicknamed "Storeage sneaks", join the guild and start asking about who had plots where they were and if they were build. Also asked to come/be showedto our HQ. He as since has not be seen or heard from after we kept a close eye out on him and were with him when ever he was at the plots. This you may feel was a bit tough on the player but after a report of him got to us that he was believed by other to be one we didn't take the chance that he was or not, this is all im going to say about this but i feel that a list may well useless to us if they make the character steal the items then disappear with a trace would it?

Thread Information