Thread: Bugs, bugs bugs - db broken

Xeno

Default Bugs, bugs bugs - db broken

heya folks, GN !!!

I guess DB is not working properly...........

We cant loot (means no loot appears in ur inv), we cant craft (same prob) and gifts dont work. This is what i realized so far.

GN/AE, hurry to solve those probs.........and please give us ETA ^^

Greetings,

Default Re: Bugs, bugs bugs - db broken

I just saw this at IRC 12:57 CET:

<Luca-[GameNetwork]> well looks like the new files are not working correctly
    <Luca-[GameNetwork]> I'll give it 30 more minutes and then we will replace with old files, apply the old fix and reboot
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Xeno

well, no good news, but hope they fix it soon [:S] what means we will have the next downtime......

anyways, thx for ur infos vana, but it is justannoying (as usual)AE/GN doesnt post some infos here.

Xeno

and here we go.....

[13:25 CET] We are currently rebooting Unity as the new server files we received appear to be not saving database correctly. We're now rolling back to the old files and applying again the temporary fix needed for them. The shard will be online again in roughly 90 minutes. We apologized for this further downtime.

It becomes more and more obvious that when it comes to shard maintenance, Game Network do not have a clue. I think it's long overdue for GN to outsource shard maintenance to Tulga. That way we'll get a team working on maintaining the shard that actually understand the software.

Yes, I'm a little bit tired of GN messing up the shard so often, sorry for speaking my mind !

or it is time for tulga to supply europe with some decent working patches
    and papers needed for the certificate

I agree with Sibbe...

I think it is more tulga who needs to give support to GN ....

That they want to protect their software .. fair enough.. but at least make it work ..

We have to say that in the last few months GN does try to keep us informed, even when Luca has troubles with the forums he tries to getpeople informed ...

Can`t wait till the Unity /GN forum is up ...

For the rest .... Ever seen someone of tulga here and come to apologies that their patches don`t work ? or that they can`t/won`t sign that certificate to GN ???
    I haven`t .. and when I see it ... well.... I will go to Lourdes or something like that :P

As most folks who were on the IRC channel know, I had a bit of a rant at Luca earlier. I found it hard to comprehend why software that works perfectly well on the North American shards fails to operate as it should when applied to our own shard of Unity. Luca is apparently restricted in what he is able to say on the subject, however the end result of my rant was a statement that GN applied the patches, they did not work as intended, and now we play the waiting game for Tulga to figure out why software that works perfectly well on their shards fails to work on Unity.

I have since apologised to Luca privately for giving him a hard time on IRC, I appreciate all too well that shooting the messenger won't accomplish much.

I am still of the opinion that if upgrades to the shard software were handled directly by Tulga, these problems could be resolved with reasonable speed. Who better to do the upgrades than the developers themselves ? It certainly seems like a more efficient way of doing things. Game Network could still handle regular shard maintenance perfectly well, it's only the upgrades to the shard software that I personally feel it is best to let the developers from Tulga handle directly.

BTW apparently Luca's forum problems no longer exist, so there's one bit of good news ! Here's what he said on the matter :-

<Luca-[GameNetwork]> My Forum problems are not present now, that was something happened a while ago...

The basic problem is that passing the months the shards in EU are "branching off" from the NA ones and becoming a sort of separate entity.

It started with some small patches that would fix exploits and bugs (which now are still open andnot fixedin EU) that once applied would break the game functionality.

Then the more the time passes, the more Unity gets small, very small little differences that build up over time until we start seeing problems getting macroscopic.

I have a distinct feeling that Unity should get an extraordinary maintenance with characters and plots data exported, then a clean complete reinstall of all done and then characters and plots data re-imported, possibly aided by a consistency checking program that would cut off any ruined or not constraints conforming master/detail records etc.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

...I've had that same thought Vah - a complete wipe would be good methinks...

and then the database export will be corrupt! Whoot! :P

Since the roll back on Friday I have found that the planning section of the plot pages does not show any available structures (2 accounts - both plots). It is therfore impossible to add new buildings/structures to the plots. Also all buildings on the plot no longer show on the plan. Various NPC,s seem to have disappeared as well - vault keeper at Kion, the vault owner inTazoon - "Smith?", etc. Is this common to everyone or is it just me?[:S]

Common problem ... I experience this, too. Some others as well.

Narkano

Keeneye Red

Any chance you can get off your backsides and fix the shard before the weekend is over?

Quote Originally Posted by aegor
    Since the roll back on Friday I have found that the planning section of the plot pages does not show any available structures (2 accounts - both plots). It is therfore impossible to add new buildings/structures to the plots. Also all buildings on the plot no longer show on the plan. Various NPC,s seem to have disappeared as well - vault keeper at Kion, the vault owner inTazoon - "Smith?", etc. Is this common to everyone or is it just me?[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-7.gif[/img]
    Same for me.
    In the planning window you can built castles now [:P]
    I opened a ticket and hope they fix this soon AGAIN [:@]

http://www.hoefle-net.de/Horizons/bilder/castel.jpg
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

Thread Information