Thread: For those of us in the Arctic Climes...

Default For those of us in the Arctic Climes...

I love my plot, couldn't be happier with it.

One thing I would like though is some decor to match my arctic climate, specifically snow-covered trees. I would prefer not to use the existing tree models as they are really out of place in my plot setting. I have seen snow-covered pines around my plot so there must be some type of model available. If this could become a player buildable structure I would be thrilled.

I refuse to put christmas trees up on my plot year round. I will not be the person who still has their tree up in summer.

Any other suggestions for arctic plots are welcome. I always thought Icicles on buildings or other snow related effects would be nice.
    Syntael Arclight
    - 100 Knoc / 100 Conj / 100 Wiz / 100 Sorc / 100 Mage / 100 Hlr
    92 Grdn / 88 Btlm / 76 Rngr / 60 Dru / 60 War / 44 Brsk / 20 Sct
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

Default Re: For those of us in the Arctic Climes...

I agree that it would be nice to have more snow covered features for plots. In addition to the snow covered pine trees I wouldn't mind seeing snow covered hedges. Icicles and other snow effects would be nice, but I'm not sure how difficult it would be for them to implement.
    Gilresk Tesskril, Cleric and Armorer of Crai Aisling of Order
    Owner of the Mahagra Bed & Breakfast for Wayward Elves - Newly renovated in the Glaciers

Definately agree with this. I did go the decorated tree route because I didn't want fresh, green trees in my wintery setting plot. I hate small, empty spaces on my plot so I won't be taking them down but if I had other snow-covered options on what I could put there I would jump at em!

I'm all for terrain-appropriate decorations. It just jars to run past a snowman in Parsinia ...

At least you snowy lot owners have terrain-appropriate groundcover. My Aiya lot won't grow grass no matter how much seed I put down, I think the Empire salted the ground when they leveled the lot ... what an ugly amount of brown dirt to stare at, especially in contrast to the lovely low matted grass surrounding it.

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP by Aiya's pad is muddy when it rains
    100 Blacksmith/70 Fitter/45 Mason/45 Carpenter/100 Reaver/33 IceD

Thought I'd bring it up again since it was posted in April and now we have palm trees, but still nothing for people with snowy plots to decorate with.
    Syntael Arclight
    - 100 Knoc / 100 Conj / 100 Wiz / 100 Sorc / 100 Mage / 100 Hlr
    92 Grdn / 88 Btlm / 76 Rngr / 60 Dru / 60 War / 44 Brsk / 20 Sct
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

Please, Please, PLEASE! I want my snowy trees. I mean , I could put up palm trees, but that would look **************** in the middle of a snow field/
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

I also want snow covered trees, evergreen trees specifically, for my lovely plot in Acul. I thought I heard the devs mention that they were coming soon, but I might be wrong. Probably waiting on art assets like most everything else.

Drulgar - Adult Helian Dragon - 92 Adventurer - 96 Crafter - 14 Lairshaper - 5 million hoard
    Graldur - Dwarf - 70 Spiritist - 46 Healer - 30 Mage - 100 Carpenter - 100 Fletcher - 72 Gatherer

Love the sight of palmtrees in the snow [:P]
    She heard Nanny say: 'Beats me why they're always putting invisible runes on their doors. I mean, you pays some wizard to put invisible runes on your door, and how do you know you've got value for money?'
    She heard Granny say: 'No problem there. If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.'

[psychic] I sense....I sense Helcat... He isconcurring! [/psychic]

I fully agree. Snow covered trees would be a great addition to snow-region plots.

Also, would love to be able to put in ice carvings that players can see through. And translucent ice arches and walls.

Thread Information