Thread: Why was Destroy banned?

Malaficeint

Default Why was Destroy banned?

It is my understanding that Destroy was banned....

I was wondering exactly what he did to get banned?
    I know he has a way of asking the questions that dont want to be answered by the powers that be, in a most times, irreverant way...but that seems like a rather thin excuse for banning on the "official" forums.
    It gives the appearance of getting rid of the verbose naysayers....I just want to know if this is to be little more than IGN with no pop ups and free searches? [B]

Default Re: Why was Destroy banned?

I totally disagree. I am sure that doesn't surprise you.

Duck? What duck? *looks around for a duck*

Why do you have to end on such a harsh note? Why is it that if I don't immediately agree with you, there's no hope for me? That's just pretty harsh, don't you think? Won't you allow me to disagree with you without being banned to the eternal torments of hell? [6]

My own opinion is that the things that Destroy has said in that post and his other ones are not actually different in content or kind than that of many other posters, past and present, here or at tazoon or at vault or wherever you might name. He is not the only one to have stooped to personal attacks against DB and dangit and others, he is not the only one even to have asked those very questions.

I have never understood, therefore, why Destroy has been singled out for saying those things in the way he been, with banning from various forums and being placed on 'awaiting approval' status at tazoon.

As an outsider now (which is truly how I feel just about everywhere) it looks like a war with lines drawn in the sand. And to me it looks like the fans of HZ have circled the wagons and are declaring those not in their group as enemies.

The problems in this community now are not only coming from the people who are critical of the game. There are also problems within the HZ fan community that you see gathering strengthhere in this forum. The defense to any problems or criticisms is harsh and exaggerated and personal.

It is not just that I disagree now. There is no hope for me that I disagree.

It is really a sad thing.

Malaficeint

I disagree Kumu...yes, there were some barbs in there...as well they should be. Bowman has brought this upon himself. The questions are spot on. Though they may be textured with derision, they dont count as personal attacks in my book. Difference of opinion I guess. The hard questions are never nice.

Don't you see that your own argument would have been stronger if you had just omitted the statement "that's a copout?"

I don't honestly see much difference between you and Destroy, Kumu. You both have your minds made up.

The only real difference is that you are allowed to do as you choose here, and Destroy is banned.

And there is a good reason for that.

Malaficeint

Kumu, please stop with "duck" thing, it is along the very same lines as what you propose destroy deserved banning for. I have not been displaying that kind of attitude with you, and ask that you refrain from it as well with me.

Why is it a personal attack to voice what many are thinking and feeling? The "due....bills" is a viable part of the question IMHO. I have disagreed with Destroy in the past, but this doesnt seem to be as agregious as it is being portrayed. It feels alot more like he asked the really touchy questions, with a good dose of cycnicism(sp?) and was banned instead of being allowed to voice those concerns.

I know how I feel about Tulga games and that whole process, and would like to see DB respond to those. You may say it is none of my business, but I disagree, because I do have an account and I decide what companies get my dollars, and to the utmost of my ability, I avoid those I feel have no morals. His silence about this, and the subsequent banning of someone who dares to bring it up, only strengthens my doubts about the legitimacy of the company. With this though, it appears if I speak up about it, I will be banned as well. This along with my question in the general forums about the being able to talk about the court hearings, and the response to it, makes me feel that this is NOT going to be an open forum for discussion on all things Hz.

Kumu do you not know the difference between your opinion and fact?

Whether or not something is a copout is your opinion. Here is my "proof" -- I say that it is NOT a copout, and I mean it. Now where are we?

You are on the inside, p-issing out. Destroy is on the outside, p-issing in. You're both p-issing. But since you're on the inside, your bad behavior is "okay."

Sorry, but as one who is made to feel like an outsider here, I see that it is just as bad, no matter who is doing it.

And in the end I don't think that this game will lose the criticism against it by simply censoring it, or by making people feel like outsiders.

Hey,

I think reviewing this thread posted by Destroy might shed a little light on why he was banned.

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=365

I haven't followed his postings on Tazoon or IGN or what not, and became most familiar with him on these new forums. However, I personally am not upset or really surprised he was banned. For myself, I don't appreciate someone who no longer plays the game making inflammatory posts simply with the purpose of stirring up trouble.

I see the forums as a place to exchange information and assist each other with what we have learned about the game world. Also for us to give feed-back to the developers and receive information from the developers. I don't see how posts like the one in the link above accomplishes this.

Mordoth Penumbraen
    Helian Dragon of Order
    (Retired but keeping an eye out.)
    Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    http://tinyurl.com/ZL3F

"I'm a vegetarian Dragon. I only eat Garden Gnomes."

quote from Kumu: "Have you never heard the saying "If it quacks like a duck..."? Destroy deserved banning for his blatant attacks. I'm not calling Destroy an actual duck."

why haven't others been banned when they said the very same things?

quote from Kumu: "For the exact reason as my fix above. It was not needed to get the point across. All it did was jab at David/AE. It provided no purpose other than to fulfill Destroy's need to attack David.

He asked touchy questions with a good dose of personal attacking. Those very same questions can be asked without them, and in fact, the board rules state such. He wasn't banned till he did it again after they were answered (Not answerd to his liking however.)"

Can you seriously not see that you are doing exactly what you accuse Destroy of (i.g. making personal attacks) when you say stuff like this:

quote from kumu: "No, that's just being paranoid over your view that you believe that Destroy wasn't banned for a valid reason. You were specifically told that you could discuss the court hearings. All Dangit said to you was to not post documents, or discuss personal information. Such as how much money XXX at AE makes.

To me it looks like you are seeking a way to be "Persecuted" on the boards."

Ducks here, too.

Malaficeint

No, actually, I agreed with Dangit on the documents not being posted here. I did however, disagree with someone not being able to say...I can provide you with a link to the documents if you pm me.

The whole crux of this, is that Tazoon got shut down for whatever reasons. There is alot animosity over that along with other things concerning the game and the company. This is now the "official" forums, and mayhap I am wrong for wanting this, but it should be open. I just dont want to see it become a fanboi haven where dissention is not allowed, or that dissenters are attacked and subsequently modded. I want to be sure that this will be an open forum and if not, then I want to know that as well so I can move on.

The duck thing seemed to me as it was directed towards me, not Destroy the second time. It comes across as inflamatory, and that is why I asked you to stop.

SirFrog

From the General Forum posted on the day this forum opened

While we always try to warn before banning anyone, we reserve the right to ban without reason or warning.
    There you go all the answers you need.

No that just raises more questions for me. Are you saying that the rules are not open to discussion, that we must swallow them whole, even though we are paying for this forum, as subscribers?

To Kumu: when you insult someone, it's an "observation" but when destroy does it, it's "a personal attack." To me they both look the same. I am sorry for you that you don't have the self-awareness to see this -- and yes, I am being personal when I say that (though it is also an observation).

SirFrog

Quote Originally Posted by arseovrteakettl
    No that just raises more questions for me. Are you saying that the rules are not open to discussion, that we must swallow them whole, even though we are paying for this forum, as subscribers?
    Yes and you agreed to them when you created an account here.

Forum Rules & Terms
    By creating a user I agree to the rules and terms of use published on this site.

Hmm, get bogged down in PMs and General and look what happens.

I will address the Destroy issue in a moment.

First. to address a comment made. No, you dont have to swallow the rules of this forum with out question. But by posting here you decided to do so. If you do not wish to "swallow" the rules then I suggest you submit a ticket to support.istartia.com. While the site is not updated to reflect the forums, you can use a general area to submit the ticket. If you wish to post but have an issue with the rules I highly suggest you stay with in the rules and PM someone from the staff to discuss the issue.

Now with that said. It seems both sides of the issue here couldnt stay civil so I am locking this thread.

To the original poster. Destroy asked questions in his first post that while pointed and border lined didnt cross over into personal attacks. His second post did. Hence his reason for the ban. His post was neither constructive or meaning to help the community in any way. From the view of the staff, it was decided that he was only using the opportunity to inflame the community.

As always if you have issue with the moderation of these boards you can PM me for further discussions

why would anyone not still playing this game even bother to post here? Isn't this forum specifically for those of us who still play this game, who enjoy it, who want to see it grow? I have always questioned the validity of anyone who would post negative comments about a game they no longer play. Why bash something you don't care about? Why waste your time? Why waste my time? :P

I thought you said this thread was locked?

Thread Information