Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SPOILER ALERT: ARoP Walkthrough/Lore (Both Factions)

Default SPOILER ALERT: ARoP Walkthrough/Lore (Both Factions)

WARNING: Clicking the below link will take you directly to the Ancient Rite of Passage walkthrough.

ARoP Walkthrough Main Site
    ARoP Walkthrough Mirror Site

PLEASE please PLEASE use the main site, only use the mirror if the main site is unavailable

Friday, September 16th, 4:00 AM EST: FINALLY!! It is DONE.

I've also added in the helian portion to make a single walkthrough for everyone. Enjoy.
    Last edited by GM_Gizmo; October 12th, 2006 at 04:44 PM.
    Akhorishaan: 100/100/100 Adult Dragon, 25 million hoard
    Mizehra Ishcoda: 100 Druid, 100 Warrior, 100 Cleric, 100 Conjurer, 100 Healer
    Antuatha: 14/30 Dragoness with 300k hoard

Brash

Default Re: SPOILER ALERT: Lunus ARoP Walkthrough/Lore

edit: thanks, looks perfect now!!!

Great job!!

great compendium

thanks very much so i can feel what will happen while i wait for the patch too

good work

very nice. Hopefully one of the helians will do one of these also.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    I should be doing it later today. Still got to kill the adamantium king and wait.
    Having both side by side should so how, 'again', helian get screwed.
    That scale Helians get is simply a slap in the face.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Death-Knell wrote: very nice. Hopefully one of the helians will do one of these also.

I should be doing it later today. Still got to kill the adamantium king and wait.
    Having both side by side should so how, 'again', helian get screwed.
    That scale Helians get is simply a slap in the face.
    lol...maybe thats why the first night there was more lunus candidates then I could count and only 6 helians. The helian faction is the one that takes its beating and says, "thank you sir, may I have another"

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

=) but there should be more parts for lunus to accomplish solo

helians are proud to work with others, lunus are to arrogant for taking help...

Well lunus work together, they disdain help from bipeds. Well with exception to their slaves.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Please don't. I know someone will anyway, but at least I can ask that everyone refrain from doing it.

When the RoP came out, I was ambivalent about walkthroughs. With some ARoP candidates asking "who is the Helian ancient?" "who is the Historian?", etc, I am sure I don't like them now.

If you don't know the absolute minimal info about your race's lore to do the quest, then you need to learn it the hard way, or don't take the quest.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Well those guys are the easy ones I still know where the helian ancient and the lunus ancient is. I know where karane is as well as vlad the impaler, of course the master of lore kind of got me. I checked all the ROP NPCs but before I flew down to hermit lannie I asked.

Not to mention lore wise I already read it twice so far, once when someone posted all the screen shots from blight and second when I went throught it. I just don't remember the names all that well.

I just would like to know some of the named names, I don't mind searching for them but I spent 3 hours last night searching for thistleface and that just was not fun. Of course that was mostly due to the respawn wasn't working exactly as intended.

But still I know I'm looking for a fire/flame beetle next, but by the clue it could be either. So off I go to fire island to seek and destroy, did someone tell me this...nope just guessing. It would just be nice to know who I'm looking for!

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Why? The riddles and the targets they describe are ridiculously easy.

That's the point of a riddle: to obscure the truth enough so that those with enough savvy (hence "worthy") can figure it out and proceed. That's not an absolute. If you don't have "enough savvy" yet, go out and get it. It's not that hard; it's just a matter of time.

If you hated searching for Thistleface, you will absolutely abhor searching for Umyarr. Without any knowledge to go on, he's tough to find. I found him by sheer luck. He certainly was not where I expected him to be from the riddle.

I'm sure it would be nice to have the quest done for you, but the point is that the quest is supposed to be the challenge, and thus, fun. The joy is in the journey. I mean, why bother having riddles when the NPCs could just tell you "Go to xxxxx:yyyyy and kill Flamentus."? Might as well put "Click here to get your Scale of the Ancients." on Karane's greeting for ARoP candidates.

Anyway, it doesn't matter; someone will post a walkthrough, needless as it is.

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

It istotally hopeless for there not to be walkthroughs of this. People don't HAVE to use them but that's an individual decision since it's impossible to enforce a no walkthrough edict. If you don't want to be spoiled don't read the spoiler sites.

Other then difficulty in finding the mobs (which won't be much of a difficulty if you ever talk to others in-game, which you'll have to do anyway for the non-soloable mobs) I don't think spoiler info will give people much of an advantage for this quest.The only other spoiler info which might be useful would be which mobs are soloable and which aren't although even there you can usually figure it just by looking at their level. (plus the mobs such as Mhedon who acquired an evil reputation long before this quest came out). We had no trouble finding all but the last mob on Blight when no one knew the quest.

Anyway, people who don't want to be spoiled can indeed do this quest fresh without being greatly disadvantaged. That's the best that can be hoped for. This is better then a lot of big quests I've seen which areVERY hard to do it without spoiler info (I've seen a lot of EQ and EQ2 quests like that).

As for saying Helians got the short end, a statement like that is more convincing with a little data to back it up. Otherwise it sounds like petulant whining because it wasn't handed to you on a silver platter for no work on your part. From what I've heard it sure doesn't sound like the Helian route is noticably more difficult.

I hear ya goriax.

But lets look at this painfully easy riddle

Hellfire blooms beneath the shell, In crags of magma where they dwell. Into the furnace find the flame, Wrest from the insect foe the same.

OK, so line one and 4 tell me its a beetle. 1 and 3 make it either a flame or fire. Line 2 sounds more like dralk then the isle since dralk has those rivers of lava. But then dralk doesn't have level appropriate mobs. Into the furnace, this is kind of curious. I know of a cave and some passageways on fire isle so that might be what you meant by being not where you expected so I'll start there. I'll have to look at fire isle again to see if there are other area's I would even remotely consider furnace-like.

but I don't know how you can say its painfully easy, you yourself stated it was pure luck you found him, which indicates the riddle wasn't easy since it led you to the wrong locale.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

i decide what is fun for me or not

if i want to read the spoiler then i do it

im no friend of english riddles, if HZ would be localized maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    It istotally hopeless for there not to be walkthroughs of this. People don't HAVE to use them but that's an individual decision since it's impossible to enforce a no walkthrough edict. If you don't want to be spoiled don't read the spoiler sites.
    Never said it was an "edict". It was a "request". I've already admitted, twice now, that the request will fall on deaf ears, and a complete walkthrough with screenshots will most likely be posted. However, that doesn't preclude me "asking" for it not to happen, at the very least to express my thoughts and feelings on the subject, does it? Or is this now the Dragon Gulag?

As for saying Helians got the short end, a statement like that is more convincing with a little data to back it up. Otherwise it sounds like petulant whining because it wasn't handed to you on a silver platter for no work on your part. From what I've heard it sure doesn't sound like the Helian route is noticably more difficult.
    Dunno, I didn't claim that. It isn't, as long as you configure yourself to fight like a Lunus. Spellcasting will avail you next to nothing, and the Scale for the Helians a) is still broken, giving a dex bonus instead of a power bonus, and b) next to worthless in the spellcasting department, since they have yet to put Primal on a par with T&C on overall combat effectiveness.

but I don't know how you can say its painfully easy, you yourself stated it was pure luck you found him, which indicates the riddle wasn't easy since it led you to the wrong locale.
    Huh? I was talking about Umyarr, not the flame beetle. If you are going to rebut something I said, at least read what I said first.

The beetle was the easiest riddle of them all.

1) It's a bug
    2) It has something to do with Fire/Flame
    3) The ARoP isn't going to have you fighting anything less than T5 because it is not even remotely a challenge at T5, let alone below it.
    4) It's in a hot place
    5) It's a named mob

Thus, it is one of the two named Fire/Flame beetles that spawn within yards of each other. Kill one, if it is the wrong one, kill the other. Done. The rest of the quests are like that. Limited targets, simple clues.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    Huh? I was talking about Umyarr, not the flame beetle. If you are going to rebut something I said, at least read what I said first.
    Well lets see, I was talking about finding the fire/flame beetle and you started going on about umyarr and then didn't bother saying where or what it related to. I read just fine you just changed quest targets and didn't specify.

Remember I'm still doing the quest and have not reached umyarr or even know who he is.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Well lets see, I was talking about finding the fire/flame beetle and you started going on about umyarr and then didn't bother saying where or what it related to. I read just fine you just changed quest targets and didn't specify.
    Let's recap:

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    If you hated searching for Thistleface, you will absolutely abhor searching for Umyarr. Without any knowledge to go on, he's tough to find. I found him by sheer luck. He certainly was not where I expected him to be from the riddle.
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Death-Knell wrote:(fire beetle info)...but I don't know how you can say its painfully easy, you yourself stated it was pure luck you found him, which indicates the riddle wasn't easy since it led you to the wrong locale.You should know who Umyarr is; you're posting in a spoiler thread that describes him. Does that make sense?

Gah a walk through already?

*shakes his head in disgust and walks away*
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

If your going to recap start at the beginning

But still I know I'm looking for a fire/flame beetle next, but by the clue it could be either. So off I go to fire island to seek and destroy, did someone tell me this...nope just guessing. It would just be nice to know who I'm looking for!

and the thread is the lunus spoiler, not umyarr. Yes he is mentioned and I missed that the first time. And you were responding to what I had posted.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Thread Information