Thread: *** SPOILER ALERT: Helian ARoP Lore/Guide ***

Default *** SPOILER ALERT: Helian ARoP Lore/Guide ***

Following the Lunus 'walkthrough', I've done my own. However, since Helians are supposed to be wiser than Lunus, I didn't put any exact coordonate. If you can't tell where Chiconis, North of Harro or South of Harro are, then you should head back in game and explore.

======================================
    Helian Ancient Rite of Passage
    Visit Karane the Historian: (North of Chiconis)

Karane tells you, 'Greetings once again, DRAGON, it is always an honor to welcome one as accomplished as yourself into my lair, particularly at this most important time in the history of Istaria.'

Karane tells you, 'Have you not heard? The Council of Ancients has returned! The Gate of Embers, door to the many Realms, has appeared once more. Even more important, the Altar of Drulkar has been found! Things are changing in this world, DRAGON, like never before in the history of dragons. A path lies open for us to recapture the long-lost glory of our race. Now is a very exciting time to be alive! Do you know nothing of this?'

Karane tells you, 'Now is a very exciting time to be alive! We did not care. Ours were the enlightened ways of knowledge and learning, and of honing our bodies to the pinnacle of strength and power. In might or magic, none dared to challenge us in our own lands.'

Karane tells you, 'We did not care, until their problems spread into our sacred lands and cost us the Sleeper. You know our history after that, the sad decline of our race and our fall from glory. But, I have digressed far enough. These are the stories of old heard since you were a hatchling. Now is the time to put the past behind us and once more reclaim the heights we lost long ago. Now is the time to write new legends!'

Karane tells you, 'Stories of Ancients, DRAGON! The pinnacle of our race's advancement, only the strongest and wisest of dragons are graced with the blessing of Drulkar and given the gift of ancient form. Only a dragon that has proven themselves above the rest in both body and spirit can hope to achieve this lofty goal.'

Karane tells you, 'Drulkar is the creator, the lord of all dragons. Our god who first breathed life into dust and gave us wings to soar upon the winds. Many ages ago our god departed through the Gate of Embers for the Realm of Flame, where the first dragons were created before being sent to live in the Prime as masters of Istaria. He left his altar behind that the worthy might commune with their creator. But access to Altar of Drulkar was lost, separating us from him possibly, as many dragons feared, forever.'

Karane tells you, 'You believe you are worthy to stand before the lord of dragons? Then know this! The path to becoming an ancient dragon begins and ends at the feet of the Council of Ancients. It is they who guard the door to the many Realms and the Altar of Drulkar and only they will permit a dragon to approach his presence. Before you greet the dragon king, you must face the Council of Ancients.'

Karane tells you, 'Five dragons, the attendants of Drulkar, make up the Council of Ancients. They are wise and powerful beyond your imagination, DRAGON, and it is they who evaluate a dragon's worthiness to speak to Drulkar. Consider yourself fortunate to live in these times, DRAGON. Many years before your birth, the Gate of Embers and the Altar of Drulkar were lost to the face of Istaria, and the Council of Ancients could not be found. But they have returned, and you must go to them. You fill find them in the lands of fire outside the volcano of Dralk. Farewell, DRAGON, may you soon know the full pride of a dragon.'

'ARoP - Council of Ancients - Seek the Elders'.
    Visit V'Tieru (Peak North-East of Dralk)

V'Tieru tells you, 'So you have come, DRAGON, to stand before us and declare yourself ready

V'Tieru tells you, 'Only the strongest and wisest dragons can survive. Will you attempt the rigors of this trial?'

V'Tieru tells you, 'You will be tested then, DRAGON. I will soon administer to you the Trial of the Ancients. May Drulkar guide your footsteps, for only by the will of the Dragon Lord can you succeed. To prepare yourself, you must first seek out those who guide our hatchlings along the path to adulthood, and speak with them once more. Doubtless, time and experience have shaped the way you view the world around you, and old choices once certain may seem ill-advised in hindsight. Speak with the leader of your faction. Remember what it is you strive towards.'

V'Tieru tells you, 'Speak to the ancient leader of the Helian, DRAGON. Then return to me'

'ARoP - Trial of the Ancients - Prelude (Helian)'.
    Visit Semeneth (North of Chiconis)

Semeneth tells you, 'We of the Helian embrace wisdom and knowledge and know that as the wisest of races, we must guide the lesser beings of Istaria with kindness and compassion. Drulkar has also given us great strength, and with it the responsibility to help as we are able. We believe in the duty of dragons to rule Istaria in fellowship and friendship with other races. You have chosen to follow this path, DRAGON. You have shown yourself to be wise, and worthy of the trials before you. Above all, you have championed our ideals well. We are proud to number you among our ranks, and wish you the best of success.'

Talk to V'Tieru (Peak North-East of Dralk)

V'Tieru tells you, 'It may prove in time that your actions plant the first seeds of unification, bringing together the races of Istaria in peace under the caring wings of dragons. Now, listen closely, and I will tell you of the trials.'

V'Tieru tells you, 'Karane spoke to you of the past, DRAGON. I will speak of the present. The world has changed from that we once ruled. Entire peoples have been lost, and found again. An ancient evil has fallen in the deserts of Tazoon. Dryads have rejoined the living races, coming at our behest to confront the evil of the Lich King. For the first time in many years, our hatchlings took flight as full dragons claiming the skies as our own once more. We joined the fight against the Withered Aegis in full, after they took our own. Still it was not enough.'

V'Tieru tells you, 'Lead by the Vielo, the living races drew upon one last hope, combining the several realms into one. When we activated the Novian machines, our worlds ceased, and we found ourselves in a new world, the unified Prime. In this we hoped to stave off the Withered Aegis invasion, contain the Blight in the realms that had already fallen, and preserve Istaria.'

V'Tieru tells you, 'Now, the living races gather together in desperation, facing an enemy that seems, after all, truly indomitable. In grim courage, lead by the charge of the gifted, we cast down countless thousands of undead that threaten at any day to overwhelm us, to what avail? Their blight anchors daily spread across our land, and daily we press these foul incarnations of dark evil back to the realm of Blight in a never-ending battle to cleanse the Prime. At best, all we have managed is a tenuous stalemate.'

V'Tieru tells you, 'Yes, DRAGON, a stalemate. The forces of life and death clash in incessant conflict, neither making any permanent progress. This is the present that you know, at least in the realms of the Prime and the Blight. This is the world in which you will complete the first of your trials. But your journey will not end here in the Prime, neither in the realm of the Blight. Your journey will not end in the realm of Flame, though if you return to us, you will meet the Dragon Lord. No, DRAGON, your trials will take you to the realm of the Rift.'

V'Tieru tells you, 'I will not speak of that now, DRAGON. Satisfy yourself with the knowledge that if you pass our first two trials, you will be given a quest not only toward gaining the status of ancient, but also for the salvation of all the living races. We know of you, DRAGON. We have heard how you have aided us in the preservation of life against that evil who relentlessly seeks our destruction. We have need of a champion such as you. I must ask you once more, DRAGON. Will you accept the trial we offer?'

V'Tieru tells you, 'Many stories have you scribed already, skillfully etched on the tablet of your own life. Indeed, were that not so, you would not be standing here before us. Yet a chapter or two remains for you to write. But that is the future and of that I cannot speak.'

V'Tieru tells you, 'Journey now to Vladtmordt the Ancient. Tell him you have accepted the first Trial. He will know the meaning of these words and will serve as your guide until the task is finished.'

'ARoP - Scale of Ancients - Speak with Vladmort'. (Cave South West of Floating Island)

Vladtmordt tells you, 'V'Tieru has sent you? Then they are true, the rumors I heard of the Council's return. This is a moment in history, DRAGON, that will not soon be forgotten. Once more dragons will take wing in glory and power, ruling the skies and the earth below by the divine right of our heritage. That I have lived to see this day stirs my aging heart. Now quickly, tell me why you have come, if I can aid your quest in any way, let me know of it!'

Vladtmordt tells you, 'A Scale of Ancients? Yes, I know of this, though it's likely none among our kind remember when the last scale was forged, but these claws well remember the craft.

I shall fashion a scale for you, DRAGON, but first you must listen closely to what I have to say.'

Vladtmordt tells you, 'You may know that I have long studied the crafting of the ancient scales. I alone remember how to fashion the replica scales, copies of those which your ancestors wore into battle long ago. Along side this more practical knowledge I have acquired a certain amount of lore. I would tell you the legend of the scale you would have me make, the legend of the Scale of Ancients.'

Vladtmordt tells you, 'A part of this legend you will learn now. The rest you will uncover as you complete the tasks assigned to you, tasks necessary for the creation of the Scale. In the chamber of the Council of Ancients, you saw the Gate of Embers, a doorway into many realms. Long ago, the First Dragon, Drulkar, erected this passage with primal magic, and infused it with the power of travel between the realms.'

Vladtmordt tells you, 'In addition to the Realm of the Prime, you may know of the Realm of Blight, and the rift, sometimes known as the Realm of None. Certainly you have heard of the Realm of Flame, where Drulkar currently abides, and perhaps you have heard of the other three elemental realms. The Gate of Embers grants to all of these and perhaps even more.'

Vladtmordt tells you, 'Drulkar knew, however, that even among dragons there might arise an evil to take advantage of the powers of the Gate. In wisdom, Drulkar designed three safeguards to the portal. The first lies in the Council of Ancients, dragons sworn to protect the Gate of Embers at all costs. The second lies in the creation of this Scale of Ancients. The third lies beyond my knowledge, but you must discover it if you would pass within.'

Vladtmordt tells you, 'The Scale of Ancients may be a key to the Gate of Embers, but it is far more than just that, DRAGON. Each scale is tailored to provide the bearer with unique powers and abilities beyond that of any other dragon scale. You will be given a choice between two different Scales; according to what you feel will aid you best in your battle for the living races.

This then, is your first trial according to what V'Tieru has commanded you, the creation of a Scale of Ancients.'

Vladtmordt tells you, 'The scale has three components. First you must create a hardwood cask. Second, within this cask you will place the Elements of the Ancients. Third you must gather the material for the scale itself, only Adamantium will do. You must gather these to complete the trial.'

Vladtmordt tells you, 'Among all dragons presently living, only one possesses the knowledge to create a Cask of Holding capable of containing the elemental forces you must harness. Only one dragon has specialized in the manipulation of dimensional space. According to the traditions of the trial, I may not tell you more than that, you must find this one on your own.'

'ARoP - Scale of Ancients - Fashion a Cask of Holding'.
    Talk to Jynasix (Tazoon Dome)

Jynasix tells you, 'A Cask of Holding, DRAGON? Yes I know of this. The cask must be strong enough to contain the elements of the ancients, yet during the creation of the scale, it must be consumed entirely in the forge. You see, the elements must be directly imbued into the metal through primal fire, and not a trace of the Cask remain to pollute the Scale. I only know of one type of wood that will fulfill these needs.'

Jynasix tells you, 'Thornwood, of course. But it cannot be harvested or taken from a common treant. A wood that can withstand the forces of the elements could only exist among the strongest specimens. I have heard rumors of a living thornwood tree, a treant of massive dimensions with strength beyond that of any mortal. I believe among the treants he is regarded as a leader. Bring me a branch of this tree, and we will see what may come of it.'

Defeat Thistleface (South of Harro)

As the mighty thornwood falls lifeless to the earth, you know that here is the one of whom Jynasix spoke. A branch from this treant should be suitable for the cask of holding.

You have receive 1 Branch of Thornwood.

Jynasix tells you, 'This specimen is acceptable, DRAGON. I shall fashion for you a Cask of Holding. This will take some time though, and I must concentrate on the task completely. The design is most specific, the single slightest flaw or deviation will ruin it. Please do not disturb me until I call for you.'

Wait 2 hours
    You have a feeling the Cask of Holding is ready - return to Jynasix!

Jynasix tells you, 'I have prepared your Cask of Holding, DRAGON, and I dare say that no other dragon could do better in this day and age. The cask should be more than sufficient to hold the elements you must gather. If you have no further business with me, I suggest you return to your trial. Vladtmordt will wish to speak to you of this.'

You have received 1 Cask Of Holding.

Speak with Vladmort'. (Cave South West of Floating Island)
    Vladtmordt tells you, 'You have returned with the cask, DRAGON? Jynasix is young and arrogant, many years will pass before he reaches the status of ancient, but it is true that in the discipline of dimensional space he has no equal. This cask will serve you adequately as you continue the Trial.'

Vladtmordt tells you, 'Though I know much regarding the lore of scalecraft, I cannot prepare the materials for this particular scale solely equipped with my own knowledge. You must seek out one who aided you greatly during your rite of passage long ago. Bring them this cask, and ask them to guide you through gathering the elements. Listen closely to what they tell you, for in this task, understanding of the lore surrounding each ingredient will aid you as greatly as the strongest of armor scales.'

'ARoP - Scale of Ancients - A Master of Lore'.
    Speak with Lantenal. (Cave North of Floating Island / South West of Dralk)

Lantenal tells you, 'Come to disturb my peace again, DRAGON? Ah, but you are no longer a weak hatchling. Time and the tests of life have strengthened you into a semblance of our once mighty race. Very well, do not overtire me and I will hear your purpose. Come now, why are you here? What would you ask of me?'

Lantenal tells you, 'The Elements of an Ancient Dragon! Then you are taking the trials, DRAGON? Even one as old as I, might well feel more than a touch of excitement at hearing those words. A hatchling that I myself guided to adulthood is now in the prime of their glory reaching for the highest of goals! I am most pleased to have seen this day. Undoubtedly my counsel will prove crucial to your success. Pay attention now! We have much to talk about.'

Lantenal tells you, 'The elements of an ancient dragon are five-fold, DRAGON. For each element, exists a legend in lore. For each element, you will be given a puzzle to solve. And for each element, you will have to prove yourself in combat against a powerful foe. If you are ready, hand me the cask and I will tell you of the first element, the Element of Flame.'

Lantenal tells you, 'Dragon and flame cannot be separated. It is a part of our being, our essence. The humans may pretend to master flame with their arcane magic, but they do not feel it inside them. Flame inhabits the hearts of only one mortal race, our own. Flame is the first element of an ancient dragon, and the kernel of our being. Yet your flame is still weak. I know of a creature that is purer of flame than any adult dragon. You must find this one, slay it, and take a symbol of its power. Through primal magic, using this symbol, we shall channel the creature's essence into the raw elemental flame necessary for the scale.'

Lantenal tells you, 'The ancient rituals scribed by your Helian ancestors do not reveal the name or nature of the creature we seek. They answer our questions only in riddle.

Hellfire blooms beneath the shell,
    In crags of magma where they dwell.
    Into the furnace find the flame,
    Wrest from this insect foe the same.

'ARoP - Scale of Ancients - Light of the Ancient Fire (Helian)'.
    Defeat Lorgus (Fire Island)

You have received 1 Fire Blasted Carapace.

Lantenal tells you, 'You have returned victorious, DRAGON? I see you have the symbol of flame. I trust the creature proved a worthy opponent, for its flame must be of the purest nature. Here then, give me the symbol and lend me your cask, and I will channel the essence of the creature into the cask for you.'

Lantenal tells you, 'I will keep the cask for now, DRAGON. Rest assured, the first element is safely contained within. Now, let us continue your trials with the second element.'

Lantenal tells you, 'A legend is told that once, long ago, the wings of the Dragon Lord embraced the emptiness in the skies of the world and desired a companion to join with in flight. Thus it was that Drulkar created the wind, and at its first caress, flight was given new meaning. Ordaining that all children of the Dragon Lord should experience that self-same touch, Drulkar commanded the wind to ever serve the dragons. Thus it is that we never tire in flight, for the wind itself carries us. And thus the strongest among us may become its masters.'

Lantenal tells you, 'Among all the living races, dragons alone soar upon the winds of this world. Mock me not with tales of dryad flight; their wings will not carry them to our lofty heights. An ancient dragon must master the winds around them; harness the very storms within their wings. If you wish to breathe the air above the clouds, to take wing as master of the winds, you must defeat a creature of nature birthed by the wind itself.'

Lantenal tells you, 'The legends tell us of that of old, the Helian ancients would prove their mastery of the wind by harnessing the energy of a storm. Perhaps this riddle will aid you in your search for the second element.

Bolt of lightning's fury shown,
    In this immortal tempest's son,
    Fist of thunder, club of bone,
    A feat indeed to best this one.'

'ARoP - Scale of Ancients - Capture the Soaring Wind (Helian)'.
    Defeat Furahrage (East of Old Rachival)

You have received 1 Bolt of Lightning.

Lantenal tells you, 'You have found the second element, DRAGON? I see you do indeed have a symbol of wind. Perhaps you have learned a measure of respect for the power of nature, and the true gift that is a dragon's flight. Here then, give me the symbol, and I will channel the essence of this creature as with the first.'

Lantenal tells you, 'Alright, DRAGON, the first and second elements are now joined within the cask. Let us once more resume your trials with the third element.'

Lantenal tells you, 'Though we may augment our armor with scales fashioned out of metal and stone, the patterns we use closely follow the design of our own, natural scales. An ancient dragon must harden their scales against the fiercest foe. To accomplish this, you will have to defeat a creature out of the earthy substance we use to fashion our scales. Even so, do not look to the common creatures of its nature. Find the strongest among them, and harvest from it the essence of armor.'

Lantenal tells you, 'For a Helian ancient, it is said that the object of this portion of the trials is written in stone. As the lore reads, so I will repeat the riddle.

Thing of earthy polished stone,
    Whos pick will wake you from your sleep?
    Within the quarries claimed your own,
    Ever vigilant guard you keep.'

'ARoP - Scale of Ancients - Armor of the Infinate (Helian)'.
    Defeat Brecah (Marble Field East of Aughundell)
    You have received 1 Kernel of Might.

Lantenal tells you, 'I see you have the element of armor, DRAGON. Rest a while; recover your strength while I prepare this element for you.

Give me the symbol and I will channel the essence of armor in with the other two elements.'

Lantenal tells you, 'The three elements are now contained inside your cask, DRAGON. Now if you have recovered from the battle, begin your search for the fourth element.'

Lantenal tells you, 'Lore surrounding the element of primal magic is plentiful. As you well know, dragons were the first to practice magic in Istaria. A gift from Drulkar to the dragons that came after, taught by their children to our ancestors, for age upon age primal magic reigned supreme. The lesser creatures came to us for instruction in magic, and for many decades we deigned to teach them. Even in the modern times, the path of fashioning spells for all the living races is available to every youngest hatchling, or the most aged ancients.'

Lantenal tells you, 'Our magic is a pale substitute for that of our ancient ancestors. Where the power of the lesser races has waxed, our own strength in magic has diminished. Yet as the original practitioners of magic, the way lies open for us to reclaim this glory as well. Magic is our birthright, DRAGON, and thus we possess the key within ourselves to every focus of primal essence. If you wish to become an ancient, you must find and unlock one of these power sources yourself.'

Lantenal tells you, 'As an ancient of the Helian faction, your legacy lies in the magic of healing and succor. Yes certainly in the past some of our fiercest warriors have come from the Helian line, primarily, however, the path of the Helian is the path of compassion. It is said that green gemstones often prove the greatest foci for healing magic, though the texts again speak in riddles as to the specific source you are to locate.

A glassy shimmer, grassy green,
    Yet found among the ivory north.
    How odd to find this thing of spring,
    An emerald out of snow drawn forth.'

'ARoP - Scale of Ancients - Primal Divinity (Helian)'.
    Defeat Verdeios (Either on Ice Island or Guild Island)

You have received 1 Emerald Heart Shard.

Lantenal tells you, 'We are almost done, DRAGON. You have obtained the fourth element. But give me a moment to channel the primal magic into your cask of holding.

Lantenal tells you, 'The first four elements, DRAGON, are combined and held safe within your cask.

Now it is time for you to look for the fifth and last element.'

Lantenal tells you, 'Fire, Wind, Armor, Primal, and Strength, these are the elements of an ancient dragon. You now have the first four, and it is time for you to earn your strength as well. Doubtless, I do not need to tire your ears with tales of dragon strength. Simply remember that we are the strongest of races. Nevertheless there are creatures in this world who exceed our natural abilities as adults. If you would become an ancient, you must gain their strength.'

Lantenal tells you, 'Within nature lies a strange and often underestimated strength. Listen to the riddle of the last element for the Helian ancient, DRAGON, and then make haste to collect it. You may need to draw upon the strength of your friends for this task, it will be your most difficult yet.

Creature of the arbor veil,
    Guardian at the gates of death,
    Force of nature must prevail,
    In his bark true fury kept.'

'ARoP - Scale of Ancients - Harness the Inner Strength (Helian)'.
    Defeat Arboreon (Circle North of Harro)

You have received 1 Hardwood Splinter.

Lantenal tells you, 'You have finished the task, DRAGON, though I venture you were sorely tested at times. The Dragon Lord has guided you more than I, or else my lore would have been for naught. Allow me to imbue this final element into the cask.'

Lantenal tells you, 'Remember well what you have learned here, DRAGON. You may return to Vladtmordt with the elements now.'

You have received 1 Cask of the Ancient Elements.

Vladtmordt tells you, 'Greetings again, DRAGON. Lantenal informed me of your success and imminent arrival. I have already begun preparations for the final stage of crafting the scale. You have the elements of the ancients, and the cask to hold them until the flame of the forge can distill them into the scale. But as yet we lack the base material for the scale itself. I have purposefully saved this final step until after all others were completed, as it is the most difficult by far.'

Vladtmordt tells you, 'You have not heard of Umyarr, the great adamantium golem, perhaps. Only recently has this lord of the golems made his appearance. As to why he has come at this time or what brought him here I cannot say, those with more lore than I will tell that tale. We are interested in harvesting a sample of his substance, sufficiently large to craft a scale from.'

Vladtmordt tells you, 'Certainly only the finest adamantium will do for crafting a Scale of the Ancients, and surely the largest and most powerful of all golems would have what we seek.'

You have received a new quest - 'ARoP - Scale of Ancients - The Golem King (Helian)'.

Vladtmordt tells you, 'This will not be an easy task, find and kill Umyarr, return to me with a portion of his metal, and I will complete the crafting of your scale.'

Defeat Umyarr(Far Eastern Blight, 25750 Elevation)
    You have received 1 Sample of Adamantium.

Vladtmordt tells you, 'It is good to see you again, DRAGON, and a relief. I know the danger of facing a creature as formidable as the golem king. In defeating him, you have grown stronger. Give me your Cask of Ancient Elements and the sample of adamantium. I will craft the scale for you while you wait.'

Vladtmordt tells you, 'As with all good things, DRAGON, this will take time. Please do not interrupt me until I have completed your scale.'

Return to Vladtmort to claim your Scale of the Ancients!

Vladtmordt tells you, 'Here at last, DRAGON, is your Scale of the Ancients. Wear it proudly, for you have past your first trial! Return to the Council of Ancients, tell V'tieru of your success.'

You have received 1 Helian Head Scale Of The Ancients.

Dexterity to be fixed for Power on next Patch,

Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Default Re: *** SPOILER ALERT: Helian ARoP Lore/Guide ***

Very Nice!

Of course I needed it last night *G*

All I have left is giving the adamantium and such to vlad and wait for my scale. Only riddle I needed help with was arboreans. Other then that it was a pretty cool quest.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

wooooooooah
    you need a craft req?
    dracinfir
    the only character on the site that can't remember her levels
    Chaos
    "I am the muffin queen! Do not question my fluffy, golden-brown authority!"

nope, not one single craftee thing.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

None so far. We will have to see on the second and third part of the ARoP though.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Thread Information