Thread: decrease werewolf stun abilities

Default decrease werewolf stun abilities

I took my level 80 dragon off to Baltit's to play with the new puppies. The first one I met was a level 61 and he put up a nice fight.

Get two of those suckers going at you...well now you have a problem but you can live.

Get say 5...well good luck. From when the little pack spawned under me to when I managed to lift off I went from 2000 health to 34. Most of that time struggling to kick the stun long enough to have the command to lift off get through.

Please please please AE! Decrease the stuns a bit...I don't mind the challenge but the level 60 WW are worse then the lvl 80 undead SORC (spellbind SPELLBIND spellbind).
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Default Re: decrease werewolf stun abilities

Do you have some burning need to fight 5 werewolves at one time? If you can't fight 5, don't fight 5.

Not the point how many you fight at once. The way they spawn basically dictates you will pick up an add and two werewolves can keep you stunned for awhile. By then a third one comes along and you are toast. At least that is what happened with my Conjurer, Level 100. Started on one werewolf and a second came over. I was stunned and kept stunned.

As an ability they do get to overuse it.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

I'd say rather than mess with their stunning ability, work on the way they spawn...what we have here is an unfarmable mob...you can't round up 20 of them and nuke them to death, you actually have to fight them 1 or 2 at a time...It's an amazing concept...the horror...

So instead of messing with their ability which makes them nonfarmable and unique, make them spawn a little differently so that they are fightable, but not farmable...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

it's how AI is define in HZ. Stun mez freezestun mez freeze stun mez freeze stun mez freeze stun mez freeze stun mez freeze stun mez freeze x100000000000...

+1.

while i see the reason for stun stun stun makin it harder to multimob farm something like werewolves. id agree im not overly fond of every other mob being able to stun/mez. agree with kumu, more banish type armour (rift distorion does its job nicely) and or immunities for some types of mobs might be an alternate way of doin this.
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

yeah that ought to make combat more intelligent. let's add banish armor and rift distortion...

i miss the mobs in Asheron's Call. they seem a million times more intelligent, artificial and all.

a big part of it is they are using tier 1, tier 2, tier 3 of an ability. It's fixed on blight (I think) so we'll see after it gets patched to live.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Yeah about that farming sarcasm from above...

I wasn't complaining that I can't take on 5 at time. In fact I didn't want to be taking on 5 at a time. I was pretty happy with just one. I did mention that they spawned under me...

I've been told (haven't been out hunting yet) that the decrease in multi-tier abilities does help with the constant stun/freeze issues.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    yeah that ought to make combat more intelligent. let's add banish armor and rift distortion...

i miss the mobs in Asheron's Call. they seem a million times more intelligent, artificial and all.
    i know in Asherons call 2 there was a 30 second stun immunioty for both people and mobs after being stunned...it prevented chain stunning both ways
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

Thread Information