Thread: The wine of the Dragon's Tear....

imported_peladon

Default The wine of the Dragon's Tear....

Swythe] *sways around in place* ...hic!*looks at Sephiranoth... a little tispy* hey Sheph ...hic!

Sephiranoth] Ah, Swythe. Thou art mastered by the grain or the grape?

Swythe] Shwythe be mashtered by the grain! ...hic! the Grapeshhaven't shtopped me yet!

Sephiranoth] And what merry grain doth dance with thy spirit and send it to soar among the very stars, Swythe?

Swythe] *looks at the empty unmarked bottle* I think itsh dwarvianale, but there ish nothing on the bottle.

Sephiranoth] Or in it, I trow? <G>

Swythe] *uneasily holds the bottle upsidown, not a drop falls out*all gone ...hic!

Sephiranoth] It is not gone, Swythe, it has simply changedaddress..... <G>

Swythe] bah! *gets out a bottle of Dragon's Tear Wine* I havebetter freindsh then it!

Sephiranoth] Do ye know the story of why that be called Dragon'sTear, Swythe?

Shardik] ah another tale! It tells many tales as of late :/

Swythe] nope! but on shome shteak it makesh me tear!..hic!

Sephiranoth] Ah, well. Mayhap another time. It seems Swythehath..... other concerns......<G>

Swythe] tell me Sheph... a Shwythe musht know...

Sephiranoth] Whyfore must ye know? Surely the wine doth whisper itstale to thee as the bottle sinks... <G>

Swythe] *examines the wine bottle* it doesh? ..hic!

Sephiranoth] Still and so. Long and long and longer since it wasthat this came to be......

Shardik] hold it in thy ear fin. It whispers!

Sephiranoth] You notice the wine. What colour does it seem to thee?

Swythe] it looksh redish ...hic! like every other wine I have drunk

Sephiranoth] Aye, redish be a good speaking. For tis not the deepred of many wines, yet no clear nectar it be. And thus it was. For once, and of a time, there was a biped. Skraling Skyseer by name... hast heardof it?

Swythe] *looks up from his bottle at Seph* no

Sephiranoth] Ah, the name and the one I speak of was a mage of buttwo legs and much might. Yet no mere mage was he. He also made mixes andpotions alchemical. And, for those with gold, a mighty potion would he make. And, did he make that mix, the future could he read for those whotook his counsel!And many and oft were those who sought him.And one among them was a thief. For there were thosewho would pay yet more gold that the secret of Skraling's telling beknown.....And this thief was called Bargrim Lightcaster, forwhere he walked he could call forth a magery and no light fell and nosound rang.A mighty thing for a thief, think ye?

Shardik] Would he not be called darkcaster then?

Swythe] Aye

Sephiranoth] Nay, for he cast the light out from his presence, as Iwas cast out by.... it is no matter.

Now long and long did Bargrim seek Skraling, forSkraling did not seek to be found by many.Yet patient was Bargrim and much gold had been givento spend.... and gold buys many things, and secrets are but one of them.And of a time, did Bargrim find where Skraling didsecrete himself.And he took him to Skraling and he did seek counsel,and gold was given and gold was taken.And Bargrim did ask the questions he had been told toask, of business and politic and all manner of false things of the heart. And Skraling did mix his potions and he did drink. Andwhen he had drunk, then did he make his speaking.Now the manner of his speaking was thus, he woulddrink and he would speak, but never would he remember what he had spoken.Perhaps thou dost know this thing, Swythe? <G>

Swythe] *rubs his big head* yup, alwaysh after I drink thish much Inever remember the night before .. hic!ash for this shtory, it shoundsh familier

Sephiranoth] And these were his words to Bargrim. " Thou wilt findwhat thou dost seek and lose what thou dost have and in thy losing shaltthou be made greater and in thy growing shalt thou have the thing thoudost seek'.And then he fell silent. And after a time he stoodagain and asked if Bulgrim had what he had come for. And Bulgrim said 'Not yet, but it seems I shall'.And Bulgrim left Skraling.

After night had fallen, for a black cloud that walksthe day is no wise thing to be, then did Bulgrim return.And he did cast the light from him and the sound also.And he did seek out the place of Skraling.And there he did enter. And this you must know. Theplace of Skraling was a house built close by to a hill.

And Bulgrim did enter. And when he entered, he didwait and watch. And Skraling returned.And as he heard Skraling return, Bulgrim did take thepotion he had seen Skraling drink and he did empty some to a leatherflask. And to hide his doing, and for another reason, he did drop andspill the glass flask it was in.

And Skraling returned and he did see the fallen flaskand he did curse long and long. And his words spoke that the making wastroublesome and long and that was his only having of it.So, lo! He must craft more!

And he did muster and make, and Bulgrim, who had somesmall training in alchemy, did see that he made no secret thing but asimple potion of sleep.And having made the potion of sleeping, then did hego to a deeper place in the house. And silent, did Bulgrim follow.And as they went, he found himself in the hill and ina cave........

And in the cave did Skraling go to a secret place andtake forth a jewel.And this jewel was of red and yet of blue like thesky.And this jewel was small, yet it seemed that once ithad been larger.And he did take the jewel forth and place it in thepotion of sleep.And the jewel lay there and the potion did fizz butgently, and the jewel shrank but a little. Then did Skraling take forththe jewel. And smaller yet it had become.Then did he take the flask of potion and stopper itfirm. And Bulgrim knew what Skraling had.

Shardik] what was it? *bounces*

Sephiranoth] So Bulgrim took the light about him once more, andtook back the sound and he stepped forth.And he stepped close to Skraling and took him boundthat no magery might be cast.

Swythe] *goes to lean forward in interest... but decides for thegood of all not to* ...hic!

Shardik] Welcome back. then what happened?

Sephiranoth] And he did speak to Skraling and say ' I have seenwhat I have seen and I will do what I will do. Yet, I would know. What bethat gem?And Skraling said, ' Why care I for thy knowing? Mydeath awaits in any wise..... 'And Bulgrim spoke. ' If I must leave without thywords, then thou wilt stay behind me and speak no more. But if thou dostgive me what I seek, then thy words I will take that no magery is cast,for thy trongue will be taken. Yet thy life I will leave.'And Skraling thought, and he pondered and he said 'The gem be the Tear of the ragon'.

Shardik] pfft. Must have been a Helian.

Sephiranoth] And Bulgrim said ' What? It be frozen dragon tears?'

Swythe] *looks at his wine bottle, then back at Seph*

Sephiranoth] And Skraling said ' Not so. For the tears of thedragon may come only from the eye of the dragon. And the tears of thedragon be fallen at the sorrow that waits us and they fall from the eye.'.And Bulgrim said ' So the gem be smaller each timebecause it weeps?'And Skraling said ' Even so.'

And Bulgrim knew then what he had found.' The gem! It be the _eye_ of the dragon! and it weepsyet for that future!'And Skraling said ' Even so.'And Bulgrim said ' But it is small. And I have seenand each use it grows smaller'.And Skraling said, and his eyes were sad ' Even so.'And Bulgrim said ' Then soon it will be no more. Andthen it will have been as though it never was.' And Skraling spoke... ' Even so. Unless.... but that path be too hard for any, and that is why I have not taken it...'

And Bulgrim spoke forth ' What path? Answer me!' And Skraling spoke ' He that drink the tear of thedragon may see for a while, and in that seeing forget himself for a while.But there is another way. He that doth take the gem to him and make itpart of him, then he will have that seeing always, though he will forgetwho he had been and that one will be lost.'

And Bulgrim did think himself. And he did think long and long and his thinking was that a one who knew what was ever to comecould make gold beyond gold, and what was Bulgrim but a thief and awanderer?And he did take him to the gem and he did look toSkraling and say ' What mustI do? for this thing I will do. And if I belost, ye may be forgotten and live and keep thy tongue......'

And Skraling did look most sad, but he did say ' Takethe gem and swallow it....'

And Bulgrim did take the gem and he did swallow it,and he fell to the ground in a stupor. Know ye this state, Swythe? <G>

Swythe] *nods* ..hic!

Sephiranoth] And then a thing did happen. A mighty sound came fromthe skies and was answered from the earth. And that which had been Bulgrimdid twist and shake and turn, and began to grow.And as it grew, scales sprang forth. And as it grew,two legs became four.

Swythe] ouchies!

Sephiranoth] And where Bulgrim had been, there stood a drake fullgrown.And Skraling did spring forth as though no binding wason him and he did laugh.

' Did ye not think, Bulgrim-that-was, that for adragon's tear to fall from a dragon's eye, there must first be a dragon?And as ye so wisely say, mine eye be close to gone. And now it be goneindeed. So it must be replaced, do ye not think?'

Swythe] *looks at his bottle* replaced?

Sephiranoth] ' And this is the making. For to make a dragon's tearstone, thou dost need a dragon eye. and to make a stone live there must bedragon blood. And to make that living long there must be a freezing. Andto make that eye see there must be a seeing.

And a mighty cold sprang from Skraling's fingers, andthe Bulgrim-that-was was cast still and frozen.And a strange claw did Skraling bring forth and castout the eyes of the Bulgrim thing.And one was crushed and made to mix with wine. Andagain did Skraling take the strange claw and he did slash theBulgrim-drake open and blood poured forth. And the wine was mixed withblood. And the other eye was taken and set in the wine and the wine becamecold as cold and the thing became a stone, yet much larger than the oneBulgrim had taken.

And Skraling went forth and was seen no more.

And Bulgrim-that-was did shrink and turn, and fourlegs became two, and scales became skin.And where a drake had been lay a Bulgrim that was.Without eyes and with deep scars about his chest and without, he found,that power of light and sound he did have. And many chased his mind,memories of what might be and what would be and what had been, but noknowing of true from false.

And he went forth and he did seek ever for Skraling.And others he did tell, for he earned coin as a beggar on the street and ateller of strange tales.And as the story grew, many did seek for the knowingof what was to come, and many of alchemy did make potions, and of one wasmade.....

The wine of the Dragons's Tear.

Swythe] *shakes the wine bottle* nice shtory!

Sephiranoth] It is said that Bulgrim lives still and still pursuesSkraling.... for drakes live long. And that which was a drake, a drakemust ever be....

And thus it is said was the making of thy wine. Doesthat suffice thee, Swythe? <G>

Swythe] aye ... hic!

Sephiranoth] Mayhap thou dost drink of one of thy kin... If only inspirit....

Swythe] *ponders what drake he's drinking only for a second thenopens the bottle* bottem's up!

Reshii

Default Re: The wine of the Dragon's Tear....

Hm... Okay.. o.=.o

So what's Plink supposed to do with the bottle that Swythe gave him?

imported_peladon

Tokoz Scaled One.

The Plink biped should do whatsever it finds most fitting be done with such a bottle. Ye speak not as to whether it be one empty or one full, yet, Swythe being as it be, then no doubt the Plink biped hath use for a thing of glass...

As to that which was within ( or if Swythe doth yet surprise, may still be there), then the tale be but a thing I had heard from a blind teller of tales long and long ago...

Thread Information