Thread: Game breaking issues that need immediate attention.

Default Game breaking issues that need immediate attention.

I've made a list of issues that are killing the game for me, friends, and guildmates. These need to be looked into and remedied ASAP, please.

1) Missing / Intermittent Road Bonus. This has been happening for about a month now, and it is getting to the point where the Road Bonus does not work anywhere at all most of the time.
    2) Crash-to-desktops. The only one that I have been experiencing recently, and it is chronic and repeatable, is when you have a storage structure inventory window open, and trade with someone, where the trade window overlays the storage window. The graphics get corrupted, and when you close it, invariably you CTD.
    3) Character model bugs. Khutit<->Dragon form change bugs, where the brown placeholder dragon model and skin keeps getting overlaid over Dragons after they change back, or the "crest fringe" effect on Khutits after the change. Female Satyrs who are invisible or only visible in parts. These issues have been around a long time. The Dragon problem was due to a patch almost a year ago, and the satyr problems have been around since they were introduced.
    4) Position error/prediction bugs. In a recent patch, the simulation is having a severe problem maintaining accurate positions for people. At times, someone's toon will walk off in the distance, sometimes in the middle of mobs, even though the other player is still standing right beside you. Other times, they won't move, even though they just ran out-of-range. This seems to be related to the simulation not updating movement in a direction to the other clients, but turning seems to force the update.
    5) Probably tied to #4 above, starting to harvest a resource node sometimes responds with "You are too far away from the resource node to gather resources" or somesuch, even though you are standing on top of the resource. No matter how many times you try to start harvesting, you get the message. It seems to happen when you move straight towards a resource node from extreme range, and begin harvesting. Turning slightly fixes the problem and you can then harvest the resource.
    6) Invisible mobs. This still is an annoying problem, as it happened to me again last night. Harvesting silk north of Aughendell, my Saris character starts to take damage. Nothing is visible in range. However, on my Dragon, I look over and see a spider attacking my Saris. This has been happening for at least 2-3 months now, and needs to be looked into.
    7) Missing vault storage bug. This has been reported and diagnosed over and over since beta. I think the problem is now tied to specific items created before the issue was fixed ages ago, as not everyone has the problem now, even with the same types of items.
    8) Backspace bug. This is a mild annoyance, but is an old bug. In a chat window, if you type text in the input field beyond the edge, causing it to scroll to the left, and if you make an error, then start backspacing, the text closest to the cursor starts disappearing; ususally, a few letters at a time, but it seems to get worse the more you correct.

This next one isn't game-breaking, but I think it can be safely done away with and people wouldn't notice.

9) Get rid of overburdening from harvesting. It really becomes a nuisance which gets me killed a lot in these resource fields populated by mobs. I end up splitting/deleting the overages more often than I keep them. From what I have been told, so do others. On a similar note, I would ask for some way to trade with someone that would automatically detect how much storage they have, and finish the trade without us doing extensive calculus in our heads with lots of trial and error just to transfer a load of material between two people. I wish it would work like the way you take material out of silos. You drag the whole pile out, and it fills up the available space. Actually, I would love to see all storage facilities work that way, which brings me to my last issue.
    10) Fix storage structures to work consistently like inventories and vault. We just finished our guildhall, and I have been having fits organizing our guild chest. You can't place items in specific spots, you can't remove multiple items (though you can put multiple items in), you can't remove/place containers with items in them, etc. I about had a seizure dragging and dropping over a hundred items repeatedly when I wanted to move a bunch of stuff from one container to another via my inventory.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Default Re: Game breaking issues that need immediate attention.

I'd have to agree with you 10/10 there Pharcellus. While not all are game-breaking, they all contribute to a lesser quality of gameplay.

One thing though - I can remove multiple items from our Guild Chest (V) with no troubles.. Of course, there's the lag while transferring to and from storage points that can be accessed by multiple people, but that's nothing compared to the CTD error you mentioned above (I've had this happen to me once aswell, and he explained it perfectly).

I think the worst would have to be #1. It is absolutely absurd having to gather for ~10 mins, then drag your disk for another 10-20 mins to a crafting station (this happens VERY often while working Ironsilk/Shining Essence, and I'm sure many other resources).
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

To expand a bit on #6 to clarify that it effects npcs and pcs as well as mobs.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Gusi, I tried repeatedly to drag multiple items out of a container in our guildhall. I would select 2 or more items, then drag/drop into my inventory. Nothing would happen. I know there is database lag, but I waited for quite a long time just as a test. Now, maybe you mean out of the chest directly; I think that works. However, we don't want to just dump hundreds of items into our chest without any sorting, as people will have a tough time finding anything.

Now, deal with getting a container full of a hundred items out of your guildhall chest. One item at a time. Drag-drop-select quantity-click OK. I went cross-eyed.

The point is that it is an inventory system, just like our vaults, backpacks, and disks. It should use the same basic interface and operational rules.

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Ooo Ooo! I forgot one (well, it is already present, but it deserves no less billing on this list).

11) Per Amerilium's post further back in this forum, sounds/music are consistently disappearing from regions and effects/objects. Really kills a lot of the atmosphere of the game, where the audio content is one of its strongest attractions for many.

I'd like to add another, though this should really belong on a wish-list than a game-breaking bugs list:

A) (This is an oft-requested item; I make no pretense that it is a new request) Make use of the resource override directory. Allow us to put our player customizations in there and not have to reinstall all of them after every client patch. I'd also suggest adding a toggle to the main .pref (something like "UseOverrides = true") so that people can easily turn them off if they are having problems with the client.

#3 you forgot to mention the wristband issue! Kenaf Cargo wristbands for female character and I hear other wristbands for higher tiered armor across the genders. But Kenaf cargo texture wrapping for female characters (I'm NOT the only character who has this problem nor sees it) has been borked since beta.

I have cancelled game already over a month now and will not renew until invisible mobs and player positioning get fixed.

I have tickets in for these for over 3+ months. I logged into game under a friend's account about 2 weeks ago to find that manga did not even know that there was such a thing as invisible mobs.

There are 3 types:

1. mob is just invisible, you don't see it, there is no combat text you just take damage. other players can see mob (occasionally).
    2. mob is invisible, you don't see it, but there is combat text showing that it is hitting you (not because of damage shield feedback, btw).
    3. mob is visible, runs past you (positioning error), runs out of range of you so you cannot see/target it; however all the while it is whaling on you.

I cannot count the number of times I, or a grouped member have died due to either of these 2 bugs and to me, the game is unplayable as it stands. I'm not wracking up DPs and eating food or trying to buy ambrosia at high prices to wipe out DPs because of this. I'm tired of having to run all the way back out to Fire Island because of a death that does not have to occur.

BTW, invisible mobs came into being at the same time that the invisible anchors appeared. Something that got patched into game caused the invisible anchors AND the invisible mobs. Unpatch it please.

Bump.

only two words:

FIX IT please

Thats three words... [:P]

Sorry, couldn't resist.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Well at least he was trying to be polite about it?

Now git to work! *smacks riding crop on the desk then cracks a whip for good measure*

hehe

i thought only: Fix it

would sound to agressive ^^

Update:

1) is fixed to my satisfaction. It's a little abrupt, but it works fine for me.
    2) Still broken.
    3) Still broken.
    4) Seems to be better for players, but mobs are crazy at times now.
    5) Fixed.
    6) STILL broken and getting worse.
    7) STILL broken. Getting REAL old. I mean, like pre-Neanderthal old. I think that, in 100,000 years from now, this bug will be a perfectly fossilized example of the "bug that confounded everyone".
    8) Still broken.
    9) Still want it, even if it is a toggleable option.
    10) Still want it BADLY. Tired of the weirdness between the way structures, disks, inventory, and vault works. They just all aren't consistent, and there really is NO REASON why they shouldn't be, programming hacks be damned.

I want to reinforce this post by stating which of these problems I've experienced.

2: I reported this one ages ago with the storage structure + trade window, like you say it's entirely repeatable and is by far the easiest way to crash the client.
    5: Standing on top of a resource node and being unable to harvest from it is rather frustrating. This one Iprovided a screenshot for, showing the selection marker to be a meter or two away from the actual tree I was trying to gather from. At the time it was thought that it was a Unity specific problem because peeps from the NA shards hadn't heard of it.
    8: Now this text bug isn't a showstopper, but it is extremely frustrating ! Kill it [:P]

---

9: This one's more of personal opinion, personally I don't mind the overburdening and on those occasions where I'm being fussy and want my backpack and disk entirely full, overburdening while gathering is the way to do it. I'm sure I've got a tiny bit of OCD in me...
    10: I'm with you all the way, when structure storage was introduced I took it for granted that it would reuse existing vault functionality and was rather surprised by the limiting factors associated with the new storage structures.
    11: Why can't music and ambience co-exist ? Prime example, blighted regions with both the thunderclaps, and music playing. Parts of Crystal Blizzard Valley have both music and the wind howling in the background. Now on Lesser Aradoth we've got areas that have music, and areas that have ambience, but not both ? It's possible to have both, and I for one would LOVE the immersion factor if that was sorted out [:)]

Ok I've just seen the date on the original post, that might explain why some of the problems aren't an issue for me [;)]

Thread Information