Thread: I think it's well overdue..

Default I think it's well overdue..

..to remove Nadia. At least all the tech comps that are currently in-game (i.e. NOT Frost Hellhound Manes, Myloc Harridan Brains, etc.).

It's just become second nature to use Nadia for tech comps, thus almost enforcing PB grinds to many. I don't think it provides anything positive to the game at all (besides, of course, those non-acquirable tech comps). She's just making people lazy and destroying what little economy we have.

Think about it.. Adventurers will have something to provide to the crafters and other players in general if Nadia was taken to the shooting range.

The _only_ thing I'd ask for before this happened would be to increase drop rates on Wind Golems, all non-Spider/Fyakki/Necrofly Satyr Isle mobs (even after the tech comp increase a while ago, I had to hunt for over 10 hours to acquire 22 Wind Golem Vapors -- partly because of the low spawn of mobs, but mainly because of the low drop rate).

Remember how things were pre-merge? Every adventurer could make sales of tech comps with ease, or even had commisions for tech comps. Hunting meant something to the general player base back then, not just exp.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Default Re: I think it's well overdue..

Problem with increasing the drop rates on all the indigenous mobs, is it just makes them even more profitable to farm. Without some other associated changes, I'd just increase the drop rates on the truly abysmal comps, Wind Golem Vapors and W A Mobs
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Isn't that what I just said PJ?

>< Its too early for me to be reading posts and thinking and junk[:$]

But yeah i agree, she's long overstayed her welcom
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Anyone else have any thoughts? Positive or negative are both welcome.

I also think its time for Nadia to leave. of course, add the comps, up the drop rates, or change the comps so everything can be hunted for by everyone, regardless of class *cough* vex fringes *cough*

torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

A removal of all the lootable comps from nadia would be a great boon for adventuerers for their role in the economy. Less and less are people buying forms and techs these days and they are barely profitable to sell.

Leave the tech comps that can not be obtained by killing and remove the rest. Leave the drop rates on all except aboms, zombie ogres and kwellens, vexators as is, but boost those mobs and will someone please add a zombie ogre spawn.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

I'd disagree with removing Nadia. Why you ask? Because there are just times that I want 1 danged tech comp!!!, have been hunting for 8 hours and no one is in the mood to sell it to me.

If I want to spend 12s on a comp (instead of waiting to get it for the 2 or 3s it goes for on the connies) then it should be my choice.

I don't see how removing Nadia makes adventurers any richer. I see people in Marketplace screaming to buy tech comps all the time (t5 especially) and they're willing to pay well (not quite Nadia level) for them.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Presuming you were here pre-merge (or at least pre-Nadia), how did you get your tech comps Gliding Frost? That's right. And that's just the way it should be. It makes little sense that the Vielo come out of nowhere, suddenly have all the Expert forms, and all the tech comps - even tier VI. Sure, there are times that I just need the last one or two tech comps to finish whatever I'm making, but you get over it fairly quickly. You'll most likely go hunting for a half hour at most and get that tech comp. Again, remember how it was pre-merge?

What? Ok, I recently busted my butt to get the comps for myfinal armor. I started working on this when I got to level 80. I hunted what I could to get some of them, I bought some from Nim at "The Mall", hunted and sold ones for money to buy mine, and yes I had to buy some from Nadia. To me Nadia lays out a max price to be paid fo a comp. I personally think its high, but I live with it.

I now, like Nim hunt comps and sell them. Usually they sell for 1/3 to 1/2 of Nadia's price. I feel this is a worthly service. It keeps people from charging an arm and a leg. If Nadia wasnt there I would have probably had to pay someone 100S for one Vet abom. The prices I see things go for in the market place sometimes are crazy.

Anyway I hunt them now and give good deals on comps for folks who can't get them for themselves, I am a warrior and this IS basically my craft. To me Nadia keeps people honest, but being new to the game I may be missing something in this discussio. However I think the drop rate for those hard to get comps are ridiculous! I mean I think I got one Mighty pus packet after killing at least 50 of those things, I kid you not!

Jayne

The vielo tech component sale was the biggest drawback in crafting.

on the one hand it was nice, cause I only had to pay money to get a teched item but I see the difference at the moment.

It's ULTRA-hard to get the components by hunting. Just imagine I would like to tech a ironsilk armor with ARMOR V and FOCUS V, etc...
    In the time it would take me to acquire the Vexator Fringes and Bloodskulk Fins I can just make PB runs to get the money.

And here lies the fault.... Usually when I make tradeoffs if I should strap on my combat gear and go out hunting or if I should just stay in cargo and do a few PB runs I usually do the latter... and why? because it's convenient.

If I want to go and tech with Tailoring V I need Zombie Ogre Toes... Hello? Anyone? These drops are almost non-existant. I need two ogre toes... ~50s ... I could go out and hunt for 2 hours... and maybe get one. Or I go out and pawn t5 products and make 200+ silver in the same time...
    this is not a rant against the PB money making.. just remove the vielo and everything will be fine.

I would gladly speak for the removal of the vielo component sale... and better finally introduce the monsters for Mylocs trophies, etc... then keeping only the unobtainable.

But you cannot compare the old times to the recent situation... not only would you have to increase the drop rate from Vexators and the such, you would also have to give adventurers the incentive to leave their EDL/Satyr Isles spots to hunt for other mobs again.
    This... however... is being done.. so I have hopes for the future.

-- || knoccest of the tailors. period.

Thread Information