Thread: Should I come back?

spitfire

Default Should I come back?

Woah is this board using MS Word extentions now? Sweet...

Anyway - should I come back to HZ? Is it worth it for someone like me? Let me tell you what kind of player I am.

I'm a social player, I enjoy guilds and roleplaying. I'm also a bit of an explorer, I like to see new sites, I hate camping.

I do tend to get a bit power hungry here and there, I like to min/max sometimes...

When I played HZ (on release) it was kind of sluggish... The players weren't very helpfull, probably because they were conserned with rushing to the highest level... A lot of things wern't implimented as well.

I understand HZ changed hands and some advancements have been made... But I'm still reluctant to waste my time...

My favorite MMORPGs of all time in this order were Gemstone 3 -> Everquest(1) -> Ultima Online

How does it stack up? Is there any added content? I remember running through barren waste lands of no monsters, no interesting quests, just pretty landscape.

Disclamer: This is not a flame, I'm merely making an inquiry and showing you an example of what I had experienced early on.

Default Re: Should I come back?

Well, first of all I reccomend you come back and give it another go. If you are into roleplaying, come and join us on Order. You'll find that for the most part, the players are much more helpful now than at release, and will direct you where you need to go.

The spawn system is a little odd right now, so once you go to a spawn area you have to stand and wait for a bit to get the mobs to spawn, but once you do you shouldn't spend too much time waiting for theto spawn again. There has beena huge amount of improvements and additions, and quite a few more around the corner...

Hope to see you on Order soon...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

1) Download the trial and install.
    2) /chatjoin marketplace
    3) See with your eyes
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

and i can take you camping for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh
    1) Download the trial and install.
    2) /chatjoin marketplace
    3) See with your eyes
    :: nods ::

The only time wasted wouldbedownloading of the 1 gigabyte Horizons_10.exe and any patching afterwards.

There are new sights from added landmasses.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire
    Anyway - should I come back to HZ? Is it worth it for someone like me? Let me tell you what kind of player I am.

I'm a social player, I enjoy guilds and roleplaying. I'm also a bit of an explorer, I like to see new sites, I hate camping.

I do tend to get a bit power hungry here and there, I like to min/max sometimes...
    To me it sounds like HZ is a good choice for a player like you. However, my standard advice is to download the free 7-day trial and give it a whirl.

You might have some difficulty exploring at low levels, though, since there's some unpleasant critters out in the more exotic landscape. Still, you'll probably enjoy what's about Istaria these days.

When I played HZ (on release) it was kind of sluggish... The players weren't very helpfull, probably because they were conserned with rushing to the highest level... A lot of things wern't implimented as well.

I understand HZ changed hands and some advancements have been made... But I'm still reluctant to waste my time...
    There have been improvements made to the client that boost performance.

The people on Chaos Shard (the non-RP shard)are...well...people. They have their good days and their bad days. If you join MarketPlace and Dragon chat channels, you'll probably get all the answers you need - including people you can group with for hunting.

Implementation of improvements are still a contested issue, when it comes to item tricking, lairs, castles and such.Tulga has been spending timeworking on the Ancient Rite of Passage, lairs, and who knows what else. To see what's in the works, check out the Design Preview on the main community site.

How does it stack up? Is there any added content? I remember running through barren waste lands of no monsters, no interesting quests, just pretty landscape.
    There has been added content, sure. Plenty of new critters to bash, new islands and towns, new quests.

Again. You should download the 7-day trial and give HZ another shot.

spitfire

Thanks for the replies... yeah I'm downloading the patches now (have been for a while... slow cable here)

Any guilds I should look to for help? Chaos or Order?

I play only on Chaos. Not sure about the ranking of the guilds as far as numbers of active members go.

If you do a /who on people you consider the most helpful, or personable, or whatever, you might find that their guild has similar people in it, and go from there.

Welcome back to HZ!

First of all, welcome back!

If you're on the Order shard, you'll likely see many good guilds, and it will be hard to choose which one is best for you. I can offer my assistance during Australian 'prime' gaming hours almost every night - you can contact me by typing "/t gusi <message>" or join the "FAQ" channel I have recently opened.

I'm sure you'll find many helpful, mature and sensibleplayers and guilds regardless of which server you decide to play on. Hope your stay in Istaria isenjoyable!
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Thread Information