Thread: Hi Old Warrior requests some little info :)

Default Hi Old Warrior requests some little info :)

Hi all, ive not been here in a long time

recently been seen in the world of Guild Wars by the name of'Silver Runfire' but right now i kind of miss Horizons.. guildwars is not bad for a no cost/month game, but once you head out from town with your party, you are isolated (instanced)and can not meet any people out fighting except npc's... also it feels like your trapped from further exploring cause there is always a quest to do to be able to move on.. and when the rest of your guild dont play that much, its kind of boring. The good things would be i really like the water and the skies and the graphics is not bad, finding loot everywhere is what i really missed when in horizons, the loot in GW is kind of wierd cause you never find armor parts (not this far anyway, half through the lvls) only weapons and shields (and some shield substitutes for magic users). Another good thing would be salvagable items wich can be found to get material.. ok the only use for thismaterial is the little to give to the npc that craft your armor (and other npc's wich craft exotic material sometimes needed, like steel from iron), wich is no choise between material or coin.. but it will cost both.. you can make coin by deconstructing material and selling to an npc 'material trader' or there is a chat function where you can announce your merchendise if anyone want to buy it.. and oh yeah the price at the material trader fluctuates depending on how much items he got, wich is a good thing.... ok about the chat system in GW, its not that good, if someone whisper (talk private) something you dont get a new window, so you could miss it if your busy trading/fighting or whatever..

So what i kind of like in GW that was not in horizons while i played.. some time ago..

+ points for GW
    -------------------------------------------------
    1) Loot (only weapons but lots of loot is lots of fun, also unidentified (magic) items wich you buy a kit to identify)

2) NPC's that move around.. guards in the towns and other NPC's you got to follow for quests or henchmen that follow and fight with you.

3) many new monsters (ok not really a + point but Hz got kind of repetitive after a year with marrows golems and wolfes, some gnomes and orchs and whatever would have been nice)

4) optional pvp in arenas, i must confess i have yet to try this but seems like a good idea for those that want to try and fight other players. i dont think you loose anything on it either.. but not 100% sure.

5)I like the sky and the water. also in some places there are not water but tar wich will slow your movment.

6) there are runes wich you can upgrade your armor with (embeded in unidentified salvage items wich is not very comon, you can fail to get the runes out)

7) you can findweapon upgrades wich are like runesbut from undidentified weapons butpretty scarce it seems, there pops up a window you have unlocked item x,you can get shafts for hammers, strings for bows, pommels for swords.. dunno if there is only one upgradable part per weapon or two.. if it was avalible i guess i would have got the guide book instead of a limited manual.

8) Material buying npc where prices both selling and buying will vary with avalibility.

9) you can add a belt pouch and2 bags later runes to upgrade your bagsand cary lots of items, if you carry a few salvage kits you can carry lots of material wich will stack, it does not go by weight or bulk.. only how many free slots you have in inventory, i realize this will not work with a crafting game like Hz.

10) First and Second class to chose, so atleast not only 1 class, wich EQ and other games have.

negative points for GW
    ---------------------------------------
    -1) kind of both good'n'bad, all towns are instanced.. they will not get overcrowded wich is maybe not to bad since you can notwalk through players but bump into them, same with mobs.

-2) if your out fighting you will get a instance for only your party.. kind of boring to never meet people while fighting.

-3) chat channels dont open new windows or tabs for private messages.

-4) there feels like you need to do all these quests to move on and open new towns, its good that there are quests, but would be nice to be able to run there also, feels kind of caged not to be able to move to new places without doing quests wich require 4 players etc..

-5) a bad thing with runes, you can only use 1 of the same for your 5 armor parts.. i bought 3 runes with health and added to different parts only to find out it did not add more than the 30 health of 1 rune. bad since the game manual hardly mentions weapon or armor upgrads at all.

-6) at the very beginning only 2 members can be in a party.. now when im half through the lvls still only 4 players in a party, wich kind of sux if you got more people online in the guild wich would like to join. I think it will be 8 playersat a higher lvl.

-7) you can not jump, feels like back to the first Doom game or something.. you see a little boulder blocking a flight of stairs and you simply have to walk around.

-8) No crafting shools at all avalible.

-9) only 5 armor parts, no jewlery.
    ----------------------------

As you see this is not really a promotion for guild wars, rather the opposite, its not bad and have no monthly fee,but i dont think it will last that longbeyond 3 months or something, might depend on how fun the pvp part is thought :-)

Anyway on to the questions part:

Any ancient dragons yet, think i said i might return to see those :-)

How is Horizons doing, has loot or weapon/armor upgrades from loot been added ?

More options for armor design ?

Also any new places on the map ?
    (i know about trandalar but been gone for some time,5-6 months maybe time seems to move fast )

Any new monsters ?
    Added quests ?
    Added events.. seemed rather slow at the time with same event for moths.
    Any news on the rumored pvp arena ?
    Also is there a possibility to log onwith old toons ?

How about the machines in the wilderness, taking away finished machines was one of the reasons people started to move to other games atleast somei know..

Maybe this should have been posted somewhere else i dont know.. i guessto me right now, new places to explore, different monsters and loot would be the issues i would have against Horizons since i used to know where just about everything would be on the map, but hopefully these things might have changed :-)

100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

Default Re: Hi Old Warrior requests some little info :)

Any ancient dragons yet, think i said i might return to see those :-)

soon.

How is Horizons doing, has loot or weapon/armor upgrades from loot been added ?

HZ is doing better. more subs. loot has been added on an amateur level.

More options for armor design ?

no.

Also any new places on the map ?

yes, lots.

Any new monsters ?

no.

Added quests ?

yes, mostly fed-ex.

Added events.. seemed rather slow at the time with same event for moths.
    Any news on the rumored pvp arena ?

some invasions. no PvP. people here can't handle PvP. they can hardly handle PvE.

Also is there a possibility to log onwith old toons ?

yes.

How about the machines in the wilderness, taking away finished machines was one of the reasons people started to move to other games atleast somei know..

yeah they gona add something to cater to these folks. the crafters squeeks, get what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    Any new monsters ?

no.
    Werewolves?
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

werewolves aren't new, Gus... just beefed-up versions
    of the "old world" werewolves...
    Got Cowbell?

While the mob model isn't new these werewolves fight differently to the old werewolves.

Login and see what has changed...and don't think just because you run for 5 mins and see nothing that the world is completely empty.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Kwellens might be one new mob type you can see, depends when you left. They look pretty cool, kind of a demon/balrog type thing.
    Lumineux Talar

Hi and thanks for the response :)

I might open up my old account if possible in a few weeks to check things out.

But nextweek wich is soon ill got lots of work to do.. so maybe the week after :)

And yes i did see Kwellen and Vexator so those are not exactly new.
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

*waves a friendly dragoness greeting at Aqua*
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    There are mini Faykki coming soon called Seaykki. Manga showed a preview of them the other day. They are kinda squat and cute looking. But they don't really qualify as new I suppose[img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]. Just a modified version of an old mob model. Same with those Adobe golems hehe.
    Where? Got links?

They really need to keep previews of new stuff on the boards and not in IRC if that is where the preview was. :/

There's a design preview coming soon according to Manga, he wanted it done for friday but had some things come up.

As for the Seayakki...dunno if this is some sorta joke mob (doesn't look too threatening [:P])

PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

My guess would be that mob will appear on Lesser Aradoth...they have been redoing the island so it makes sense.
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

That looks like a fyakki, sounds likea fyakki... new mob? lol hardly :p
    Isair Maelowyn [Retired]

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    There's a design preview coming soon according to Manga, he wanted it done for friday but had some things come up.

As for the Seayakki...dunno if this is some sorta joke mob (doesn't look too threatening [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img])

[img]/images/temp/seayakki.jpg[/img]
    rofl

the worst thing you can do is compare HZ to other games.

You really need to look at it objectively and realize the resources Tulga has at hand and decide if you like what it has to offer now.

Thread Information