Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pretty Plot Contest! (Player Sponsored)

Default Pretty Plot Contest! (Player Sponsored)

Announcing CONTEST! For Istaria's Most Beautiful Plot

It is my pleasure to invite my fellow citizens of Order to participate in a contest. Four lots will be selected as the most gorgeous, as well as a number of runners up for various subcategories.[*]1st Prize: 1.4 gold (donated by the Secret Angel, the original proposer of this contest, who wishes to remain anonymous, and by Kwinn)[*]2nd Prize: 1 gold (donated by Kark and Kwinn)[*]3rd Prize: 500 silver (donated by Tantalyr and Kwinn)[*]4th Prize: 350 silver (also donated by Tantalyr and Kwinn)[/list]These cash amounts are higher than when first posted! Thanks Kwinn!

Kark, Tantalyr, myself, and the Secret Angel (speaking through me) will judge. Aesthetic criteria will include but not be limited to: appropriateness to the setting, use of the terrain and view, overall design, individual whimsy (by the builder), creative use of available lot items, and so forth. Judges are free to abstain from an opinion on a lot if there is a conflict of interest (such as being close friends with the nominee).

Please post nominations in this thread. If possible, they should include screenshots, coordinates, directions, and a short description of what makes the lot so beautiful. The judges will visit the lots nominated and make final decisions by Friday, June 3, 2005, announcing them the following day. The judges? lots are not eligible. You may nominate your own lot. Only one full nomination per lot is necessary, though anyone is welcome to weigh in on which one nominated strikes them as the best.

Please do not PM the judges to try to influence their decisions. This is intended to be fun and positive, so be public in your praise of the lots.

So, get out those hedge trimmers, finish off that scaffolding, and make your lot as pretty as a picture. The winner could be you!

Runners up -- with minor silly prizes -- will be for:[*]Most Silos[*]Greenest[*]Best Use of Small Space[*]Best Use of Large Space[*]Most Useful to the Community[*]Most Interesting Tile Work[*]Most Festive[*]Most Dragon Friendly[*]Most Peaceful[*]Best View[*]and Most Promising (for those who can't finish in time)[/list]Prize Change! They ain't so minor anymore! Besides the below-mentioned Novians, we have, from an anonymous crafter, a suit of cloth or metal armor, with shield, 3-teched to the winner's specifications.

And from Kwinn we have almost more than I can list: 1 full set of plain cobalt ringmail, an Ancient Barasavian Breatplate, 100 IBM's, 9 Expert tool forms, Expert Wood Timber, 20 Mithril frags, 10 each of 6 other comps III-V, a few other comps, 21 techs III-V, and a pouch to hold them once I can commit pack space to it!

Yours,
    Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP by Aiya's pad
    100 Blacksmith/79 Fitter/45 Mason/45 Carpenter/100 Reaver/52 IceD

Addendum: To clarify, you may -- and should! -- nominate other people's lots. You don't even have to know them, though it would be best if they are active players who can show up to accept prizes if they win. I remind you that nominations should be posted in this thread if you want to be sure the judges know about them.

And we have another sponsor. Huge thanks to Warsong, who has donated a large number of Tier I Novians. Those will help with the Runners Up prizes. Sephiranoth gets a mention, too, against his will, for helping to purchase some Novians for use as prizes.

Default Re: Pretty Plot Contest! (Player Sponsored)

Yay a contest I can be part of but my plot is not completely done! Still have a couple of trees and many silo not done, for the 3rd Ill try to finish the fountain the trees and another silo but can I still qualifie for the first place if somehiden silo are not done??
    The plot is Yunaleska and The Old Code (our guild) Its in crescent on shepard hills (or mountain cant remmeber!) and you see it from the landing pad! Ok ill wait for the judges reply on if I can win first place if I finish a big bunch in time :)
    Thanks
    Aucus/Yunaleska
    Aucus: adult lunus now over 4 years old! 100/100/92 AROP completed
    Nightmare: proud ancient lunus, 94/100/40.

Speaking for myself and not the other judges, one or two bits of scaffolding would not disqualify you. As long as the overall design is aesthetically appealing, it should be fine.

And entries are free! You can't win if you don't try. I'm hoping to see a good number of nominations posted in this thread. After all, we have 4 cash prizes and 11 runner up prizes to hand out ... tell us where your plots are, folks. And what day you want us to review them.

Runner up prizes are to be determined, but we are noodling around things like cargo disks and gear, teched tools, social clothing, etc.

-Levity Merrel

In front of the computer, where else would I be?

Plot: There
    Directions: Portal from Bristugo to Sakon then Morathaven.
    Why is it beautiful? Because it is finaly finished! [:P]
    Tamaracaran Thothalomadais: Dragon, As old as the world, Twice.
    Jamana Ternfaust: Gnome of 31 flavors!
    Erzat Ember: Dryad Battlemage, Construction Bug.
    Halfust Thothalomadais: Human somthing or other.

What: Jhelltown
    Where: Pelli - third plot from the pad.
    How: Port to Pelli from Bristugo
    Why: Because I call it home.
    When: Stop by anytime.....all shops are open for the general public. Storage is available to my guild (Faith of the Fallen).
    Jhell Bregan
    Bloodmage Extraordinaire
    Faith of the Fallen

Plot: Samael Manor
    Directions: Portal from New Rachival
    Owner: Samael The Black
    Plot ID: 210458

This plot is only 35 x 35 and Residential only. I have developed it to be pleasing to the eye, especially when looking at the entry courtyard from the gazebo.

I was very limited in what I could do with the plot, and found it to be very visually appealing when I set it up.

Some of the walls and trees are not 100% complete, but enough is to see the beauty of this plot.

I like it so much, that I refuse to sell it for a larger plot. :)

Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Kwinn's Cliffside Mall and Warehouse

Bristugo to Shepard's Mountain Portal, Ember Exit, 3rd Plot south of Pad

Plot contains a vault, guildhouse, large house, several silos and connies, many trees, hedges, tiles etc in an effeort to soften the harshness of some of the other structures. Is it pretty? I'll let others be the judge of that.

Kwinn
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Plot: Revelstone
    Owner: Landowyn

North of the community of Selen and just southwest of the Feladan forest, nestled in the bay north of the Selen-Chiconis bridge.

Plot is pretty well finished except for the temporary stoneworking shop (which will be relocated to The Steelworks) that will be replaced by a fountain and gazebo. I don't know how pretty it is, but it's home. Also, constantly being "tinkered" with .... no pun intended.
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

Hi Levity!

Plot Owner: Nellie
    Location 23858,14659
    Directions: From Tavu, go East to the water-edge road, then North to Carmo. From Papa, go South-southeast for 5 mins. Either way is about 5 mins travel time.

Herman Widget

imported_Kepesk

I wish to enter my plot into the contest.

It is called Stripeyworld, in the community of Sem on the easternmost point of Saritova Isle. Any traveller wishing to find this place needs simply to travel to Bristugo, take the portal to Saritova Isle to the destination of Sem, and turn East. They will soon be greeted by my army, guarding the pawn shop recently completed by myself and my good friends of the guild of Strata that resides in this community. Comfortably nestled behind the trees, my army keeping watch with never-blinking eyes, the pawn shop here is a wonderful place to trade, or simply relax and speak with friends. I allow myself only a tent to store a few posessions, nestled to one side next to a landing pad that I use to land at and take off from my home. Some silos are in the process of being constructed beside the shop, but stand in a pattern that makes the bleak sides of the silos a little more comfortable on the eyes. The location of this place is 29081/15792. Travelers should feel free to visit any time! The shop and its surrounding garden-like lands are free for anyone to use.

-Kepesk Dawnfyre, resident stripey dragon.

http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~jstrandl/stripeyworld.jpg

I actually am helping a guildie out who cannot seem to login, but would like to participate in the contest.

Rosacious Belle has Fiendish Delight's set in Ember, right next to the pad. She has many useful items on her plot, and is working her "tail" off to try to finish, even before this contest.
    Thanks all.
    Jhell Bregan
    Bloodmage Extraordinaire
    Faith of the Fallen

Jurossk

Plot: Fallen's Rest

Owner: Werrl

Directions: Port to Shepherd's Home from Bristugo. First plot just north of the Port pad.

Amenities: Scholar Shop, Woodworking Shop, Jewelry Shop, Stoneworking Shop, Blacksmith Shop, Vault, Pawnbroker Store, Consignment Store &Clothworking Shop. All shops, Pawn and Vault open to the public.

History: This icy Refuge was partially forged from the ancient stones of 'Dawn'. As the world changed to order, many folks toiled to construct a place they could call home and rest from the weary battles against the Blight. Thus, Fallen's Rest. This walled bastion serves to aid all those who strive to hone their skills against the Blight.

Guild home to Faith of the Fallen.

I would like to nominate the plot owned by Glimmers Red located at 27874 / 19397

Take New Rach and portal to Mia's Edge, first plot to the south with a stunning ocean view.

This is the guild owned plot of Immortal Legacy and was collectivly baught and built by its members. the orignal lay out and design was to be a complment visualy to the sournding, as Mia's Edge offers little resources. things like the Gazeebo overlooking the ocean, the walk out platform on the sslisk med house being used as a podiem for guild meetings, the tents trees and rocks aranged in a way to be a pleasent place to just hang out.
    You do not need a reason to care. ~Xeno
    XenoDrake TheLightBringer, Glimmers Red, Shirahime, Zelena Ironhand

I'm glad to see the nominations starting to pour in. Keep them coming! I want dozens! There are a lot of pretty plots out there.

Note an Addendum has been added to my original post in this thread. I want to make sure folks know about Warsong's generosity.

-Levity

Whee! Am I going to be having fun taking pictures the nextcouple ofweeks!! It's going to be lots of fun looking for beautiful gems and submitting them. [:D]

Skirnir and Sharpclaw of Azure Twilight did a sneak attack on my son's & my plots and they are all finished, so I was able to get pictures done already. I'm submitting my son's plot because our two plots are a set. Mine is the north part & his is the south.
    Here's his info:
    Title of Plot---South Side of Village Park
    Owner---Nathaniel_Dawn
    Position of Plot---23858/14640

Here's some pictures of Carmo's Village Park:[:)]
    Northern Main Entrance (My plot) http://www.azuretwilight.com/gallery...=23&pos=23
    Southern Main Entrance (Nathaniel's plot) http://www.azuretwilight.com/gallery...=23&pos=22
    The eastern Secret Gate http://www.azuretwilight.com/gallery...=23&pos=21
    An overview of the Village Park http://www.azuretwilight.com/gallery...=23&pos=25
    An interior view of the Village Park http://www.azuretwilight.com/gallery...=23&pos=24

I would like to also submit Herman Widget's plot for the Most Interesting Tile Work catagory! Carmo's Guildhouse plaza is actually a full chessboard. (Just ask Herman if you'd like to use it!) [:O]

Here's his info:
    Title of the plot---Azure Twilight Village
    Owner---Herman
    Position of plot---23972/14645

And here's some pictures of it!
    A view of the plaza from in front of the plot http://www.azuretwilight.com/gallery...=23&pos=20
    A view of the plaza from on top of the guildhouse entrance http://www.azuretwilight.com/gallery...m=10&pos=9

Here's how to get to both the Village Park and Herman's plot.

Go to the Bristugo Gates and enter the Guild Gate, picking either Papa or Tavu as your destination. From Papa take the southern road out of town (it's the coast road on Serengeti Island) to Carmo. From Tavu take the eastern road until it meets the coast road by the sea. At that intersection head north to Carmo. When you arrive at Carmo head towards the center of the village, but towards the beach. You'll find the Guildhouse plot of the Village (Herman's plot) by the beachand directly across from it to the west is the Village Park (Nathaniel's & my plots). [ip]

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton
    (reloads her soulstealer to hunt for more wonderous plots!)
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

though i'm not exactly sure which category to nominate it for, i was reminded of it because a guild member mentioned (long ago) it had the first "dragon landing pad" he
    was aware of.

anyway, the plot is in NE yewn, owned by grayhawk.
    very nice arrangement, fountain, mill, said landing pad, walls, trees, etc.

How about the most buildings. I have 11 shops, a large human house(under construction), T3 pawn and T3 connie (both under construction), T1 guild house as well as T1 and T2 silos.

Just north of Pelli port-in on Shepard Island just past the sand pit, cant miss it.

All shops are open to the public and a portal to Brustigo is two jumps to the east.

Montek DeForce - Order

Thank you, Nellie, for posting pics.

Here are two lots from Expanse that I was fond enough of to take screenies: the original Sans AoP (again, I did not design it, so I get to say it looks great), and Rhavenne's Parsinia plot, which was beautiful, convenient, and had a connie that was open to the public.

http://yeoldepub.seinkat.net/persona...test/plot1.jpg
    http://yeoldepub.seinkat.net/persona...test/plot2.jpg

-Levity

Quote Originally Posted by Kwinn
    Kwinn's Cliffside Mall and Warehouse

Bristugo to Shepard's Mountain Portal, Ember Exit, 3rd Plot south of Pad

Plot contains a vault, guildhouse, large house, several silos and connies, many trees, hedges, tiles etc in an effeort to soften the harshness of some of the other structures. Is it pretty? I'll let others be the judge of that.

Kwinn

Cant get durned edit feature to cooperate with me

This is a notification that I am withdrawing my plot from consideration. The reason will soon be evident

Kwinn
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    I'm hoping to see a good number of nominations posted in this thread.
    Oops!!! I nominated in the "general" tread.

Okay .. have a look at Samuel plot SE corner in ML. Real pretty for a small plot.

----Repost fo original message------

Marvellous idea, this gives me the feeling to go look at the different plots, and complete mine in Brandon shelf (560 dim sphere to go).

Just a note, the 3rd is comming fast, many would love to enter this contest, but have a few wall's and trees to complete. I hope this should not stop people from entering or diminish the judging. I'm currently helping soneone to complete his walls, come see a nice littlle plot SE corner of ML (owner: Samuel). Hope to complete the work on it for the 3rd, it's a pretty plot.

I noticed lot's of mention of look's .. but you may want to introduced a category for efficient craft layout.

Personnaly, I don't think of my plot as pretty(altough, not bad looking), but for a master spellcrafter, it has evrything my craft needs me to have, and has some racial character's. Stop by, I'm in brandon shelf beetween the two roads.

Let's make Istaria pretty.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Thread Information