Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A LIST OF THINGS TO SAVE THE GAME!!! CUSTOMERSERVICE READ THIS!!

Zukilltheancientone

Default A LIST OF THINGS TO SAVE THE GAME!!! CUSTOMERSERVICE READ THIS!!

HOW TO SAVE ISTARIA AND THIS GAME FOREVER!!!!

Any customer service or game developers for this game listen up please, because im not some fool 13 year old, im a 28 year old mmorpg vet that has played every mmorgp you can name even some that were not released in the Us so here we go....

1. ADD PVP. Ok first of all you have 3 types of players that play mmorgp, they are the following. a] the minors and just play to pass time and for fun. b] the Adults who play to pass time and stress releave. and, c] adults and minors who are just either new to the game orhave no time to mmorpgs. But the problem with all MMORPGS is not what they offer but how long can they keep offering stuff to you. The average player only plays 6 months and moves on because of boredom.
    I think adding PVP to this game will solve the boredom rule.

2. ADD PLAYERCREATED CITIES. When I say this most people arleady think they know what it is. Look at Starwars Galaxies and how soe did the player cities there, that is what im talking bout, adding this gives the players alot more to do, and politics and full control over what the city looks likes and becomes.

3. ADD VET REWARDS. Ok we have all seen the reports of how SONY is going to crap on the MMORPG and make it so that players can just use reallife money to buy levels, armor, and ingame money. DONT DO THIS TO ISTARIA!! Ok to keep people happy add a special options menu that pops up on players whos accounts are over 3 months, then 6 months, then 12 months old with differnt rewards that they can pick from. This reward would relap so that after having an account for 12 months, it will redo a reward in 3 more months. Yes this sounds silly but it keeps alot of players $$$ into the game and keeps the game based on game time and skills rewards instead of ebayed stuff and reallife money bought items.

4. ADD MOUNTS< VECHILES< WAR STRUCTURES. WOW this says it all, If Isteria would add PVP and make it so you get a wide range of vechiles, and mounts, both pvp types and non pvp you would keep alot of players happy and certainly unbored. The sturcutures are a new concept that many mmorpgs are looking into, basicaly you make it so a player can create a tower, or a barracks that would be used in pvp wars.

5. ADD PVP MENULIST, PVP REWARDS, AND PVP TITLES> Yes alot of this is towards pvp, but 70% of the serious players are all about pvp. Add a reward for pvp where there is a tracker menu that followers your progress, and gives you points, you could use the points for pvp rewards such as spells, equip, and weapons.

6. ISSUE OUT A FORUM FOR VETERAN ACCOUNT HOLDERS INPUT> Listen, if you haven't noticed many companies are copying other mmorpg's and in doing so they are also making the players and paying customers get bored even with new ideas and games, because they are just copies of older ideas and mmorpgs.....why not just invite vet account holders into a forum and discuss and get new ideas bout what we really want, instead of having some 35 year old overweight bald game programmer tell you in a meeting. You can make a HUGE Comback i promise because SONY FOOKED Up hardcore losing over 100k members from everquest and Starwars galaxies, this means alot of players are sick of the coping, and corprate crap. your logo should be "The customers are always right" and you will never go wrong.

7. ADD GM EVENTS AND MORE OF THEM. Add some events that your game masters can make up for themselves with rewards, or prizes. Im not talking bout programming new patches with changes that are temporary. I am talking about having a GM log into the world and host a event and broadcast it over the entire game world, with a time and place to meet, the events could be anything from duels, to gm quests, to wars.....free your mind.

I hope all this helps, I am seeing so many other companies copy and make up stuff that we players are getting so sick of that all together the mmorpg race for best game is anyones win now. SOE pioneered the mmorpg with Everquest, now that is old news and the game is a joke, I am pulling for you Horizons, I wish you tons of LUCK hope this helps thank you so much for reading

Default Re: A LIST OF THINGS TO SAVE THE GAME!!! CUSTOMERSERVICE READ THIS!!

1. Its nearly impossible to bring a balanced PvP system to Istaria

2. if there comes an PvP system there will be lots of People leaving the game cause the are here because there is no PvP in this game.

So why should all Games lookalike? Hz is unike. AndTulga do a good job to add new and great Things into the game. Why its allways: PvP will save the game?
    My Experiences are others. PvP will more likely destroy the game. Esspecially this game has started without
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

*gentle voice*

You may not have read the many threads in this forum, and in the old Tazoon.com, regarding PvP and the impossibility of integrating it into the world of Istaria. You need to be aware that this issue has been thoroughly hashed out, and is one of the best ways to generate a flaming, quickly locked thread.

And there are many HZ players who actively oppose PvP and stay here in large part to avoid it. I am one of those, been playing very actively since launch day (12-09-2003). The other day in WoW a party member manically leapt on a Horde NPC guard, got caught up with 2 Horde players, and the rest of the group had to rescue her and get PvP flagged. I yelled at her for quite a while (in good humor, on Skype).

Anyway, use the search feature, find the PvP threads, and learn why that suggestion simply does not apply to this particular MMO.

As to your other points: I bet some folks would like city politics. Not me, I avoid them, but I wouldn't say they'd ruin the game so long as they can be ignored by those who do not wish to participate.

I do think awards for longevity in the game would be nice. Shoulder buddies, special plot decorations, whatever. Pure fluff just for fun but recognizing a loyal player.

Mounts would be fun but are lower priority in this particular world. They are on the "someday" list, I think.

TG does listen to the players. In this forum and in IRC, people make suggestions all the time, get one-on-one time with the devs, and things happen. Most recently (that I know of) Hal`cyon was able to work with Amon to get Sslik formal wear added to the game. More substantial changes have also been based on player input.

The GM (here, WM) events are increasing again, with occasional surprise raids on towns. The staff is too lean to do them daily, however.

Every one of your points has been brought up before in these forums. I hope I have accurately summed up the general consensus on them. And I hope you stay with HZ and learn to love what it is, not try to warp it to match the PvP games out there.

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP by Aiya's pad
    100 Blacksmith/79 Fitter/45 Mason/45 Carpenter/100 Reaver/53 IceD
    -currently public speaker for Istaria's Prettiest Plot contest, go to Order Forum for details!

Quote Originally Posted by Zukilltheancientone
    I think adding PVP to this game will solve the boredom rule.
    I disagree. A good amount of current and past players gravitated towards Horizons because there is no PvP. It was one of the primary reasons for me to join. I'm quite confident that a large majority of current playerbase wants it to remain that way. PvP has been discussed before and consensus seems to be, arenas would be ok, full PvP not.

Never been to SWG so I don't know how player cities work there. I can only assume players are able to control the cities, taxes and building permissions there with a stricter hand.

As a veteran player myself, I can wholeheartedly agree with rewarding them. [;)]

Mounts would be nice fluff-type addition (that is, they serve no real useful purpose, except as speed buff), but I don't see them coming anytime soon. There's more important things to fix/add into the game first.

And as for listening to playerbase, Tulga has already proven they listen to us (now). Many of recent changes and fixes have been what players have been requesting for.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

You know there is a simple way around PVP issue. The lore ingame states whilst the races distrusted each other, they never really went to war against each other (unless u count gnomes vs dragons :P)
    The current story line is the races of istaria versus the WA and thats where u get your PVP from.
    Let players have one WA character per account. Keep a limit on what types they can be, personally I would love to play a kwellen the model rocks. For these WA player models you would have to do a simple change of the Friend or Foe system ie you can't attack WA models you can attack NPC's and PC also not WA mobs such as guroks etc.
    People want more raids well there u have it, make player raids, get your fellow WA players together and go attack Kion for a laugh.
    There are plenty of options to expand this, such as atunement to WA structures to allow you to get closer to certain town's/cities or WA portals.
    Anyway the above is my opinion on PVP
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

Wasting development time on PVP in a game where most of the loyal fans don't want it would bury Horizons quick.

I can tell you that NO pvp is a primary reason I started playing this game.

And of the 120 or so players that have been in my guild since it was started never thought PvP would work here. Some thought they would like PvP and left for WOW. A few of those stayed with wow and many returned.

Rewards, events, purpose will save this game ( or keep it going ) PvP won't help at all.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Quote Originally Posted by Zukilltheancientone

5. ADD PVP MENULIST, PVP REWARDS, AND PVP TITLES> Yes alot of this is towards pvp, but 70% of the serious players are all about pvp. Add a reward for pvp where there is a tracker menu that followers your progress, and gives you points, you could use the points for pvp rewards such as spells, equip, and weapons.
    90% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

How do you figure 70%, and how do you determine serious players?

I think you will find the %s very different in Horizons.

(Oh, and I am 38, so that gives me more weight on my opinions as I am not some fool 28 year old!)
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

1. PvE balancing is trivial needless to say PvP balancing for the devs.

2. Most people here can't handle PvP, not even on a consensual basis. Not even if there's an arena in the middle of the ocean for consensual PvP that won't effect them whatsoever..

mbaucco

PvP is a non-issue as far as HZ goes, it does not play to the game's strengths. If I were to name two things that need to be done, I would say:

1) lag/performance issues: I want at least 24fps no matter where I am and I do not want to have to restart every two hours :) HZ has gotten much better in this area, but still needs attention.

2) Events/Raids: The WA and other bad guys need to become more aggressive, both through AI (automated) and Live raids. As a corollary to this, I would like to see collision detection for mobs so they can't run through walls and such.

These two things would make HZ a very good game, rather than just a good game. :)

-Matt

The devs have only considered consent pvp and said to implement that in their current system would take too many resources. Your asking for an impossible task(given current resources and tasks)and frankly one people in horizonsdon't care about.Games like wow and daoc are built around pvp. In the begging before the downsize ae was going to create pvp ONly server and have it balanced just for that specific server. The idea was demolished along with many others including class rewrites ect ect.

In order for this game to survive they need to expand on their current system not rewrite a new one.
    The priorities of Tulga should be continued updates, as they have been doing just fine, and beyondthat is the improved engine that is just in the concept stage, but i would surely put a new engine above pvp on the to do list.

Hmm....you sure you're 28 and have that much time under your belt in the internet? Because most people by that age and that well travelled in the Net have learned some manners. That much capitalization equals a heck of a lot of shouting on the Net and just irritates the other users. Anyhow....

1. There are more types of players than just the ones you have listed in your a,b,& c. I don't agree that the type of player you have listed as average is. The player that gets bored that quickly is more likely a minority, but if you mainly interact only with that crowd you might end up with that viewpoint.

And there is actually PvP in Horizons, at least on Order there is. It's not the primitive "let's hit them with a rock" kind of PvP, but the civilized, time honored way to settle differences.....Chess. There is at least one chessboard plaza built on Order for any to use. All they have to do is gather enough people to be the pieces and check with Herman Widget to see if the plaza is available, and they can go at it!

2. We do have Player-created cities. They are called Guild Plots. If you go to the Gates of Bristugo and look at the Guild Gate and the Saritova Gate, all those destinations are Guild Plots. And most of them are jumping off points for more Guild Plots nearby. Also listed in the Shepherds Mountain Gate is Baker, Gerard, and Nana. Those three are Guild Plots too. Only guilds can own, buy, or sell these plots and therefore what is built (therefore uses) in these communities is only decided by the guildmembers that own them.

3. Adding Vet Rewards is fluff. Nice fluff, but it won't cause most to pick Horizons over others, it won't cause most to stick with Horizons, and it won't cause most to return if they have left Horizons. It can cause some strife between the Haves (Vets) and the Have-nots (new members), as it has for years in UO.

I don't think you'll have to worry about Ebaying much with Horizons. Barely has anything ever been listed, besides the actual boxed game, from Horizons. And if mymemory serves me correctly,there has been punishment for those that haveattempted to cause a market for such virtual Horizons items.

4. Hmmm...mainly another pitch for PvP. But, steeds would be nice fluff, but again fluff. We already have cargo carriers; ie cargo disks, cargo gear, backpacks, and sacks & satchels. We also have teleportation gates and various boots of speed, potions, and food, as well as the ability to put points into the Speed stat.

Sounds like you are asking for the ability to build a castle on your plot. We do already have the ability to build walls and towers, just not big enough to walk on top of or enter into. Barracks...housing for soldiers. We have several types of houses and will be getting more, so whatever a person wishes to call a house is up to them. The new type of human houses are empty barns, perfect to be labled as barracks!

5. Another pitch for PvP. In spite of all the extra rewards in UO to play on the PvP half of each shard, that part of the shards have been fairly empty of players for years. So I question your statistics and the idea that such things would make a long term impact on greatly increasing the number of players in Horizons.

6. They do listen to Vets and to New Members. They have implemented quite a lot that players have suggested, sometimes not necessarily to the best interest of the game (in my opinion) since the customer isn't always right. And for Vet forums, what do you think this place is? Quite a lot of the regular posters here are Vets, many even old beta testers. Also you can submit your two cents to the service center, they have a special section for suggestions.

7. Now here's one I'd like too and the WMs are starting to do more events again, so I'm hoping that we'll see a lot more somewhat soon. But I won't be expecting the huge weekly events like we had at the beginning of last year due to a much smaller staff. Sometimes the WMs do announce that an attack is happening, but one of the best ways of being informed is to be in the in-game chat board with the most people. Usually someone announces in them that something is going on.

Your input would of been more helpful if you had put it in the correct forums (points to the suggestions forum). As it is, this feels more like trolling (in my opinion). And SOE did not pioneer the MMORPG with Everquest,EA did with Ultima Online.

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton
    (50 yrs. old and have been gaming for at least 47 of them!)
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Nice thought out post, but making Horizons a mirror image of all the games out there wont *save* it. We are still playing, correct? Sure, it has its problems, just like any game out there. No game is ever perfect. But, its a good game and its fun.

PVP? no, I dont want pvp, if it is consentual pvp, I can easily stay away from that, but any other pvp, I want no part of it, and I would not play if pvp is forced on me. Its not my idea of a *fun* time.

*searches for emoticon of someone beating a dead horse*
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

*chuckles*

We SHOULD get one of those!

;P

First, move it to suggestions, as that is what this entire post is, just some rehashed suggestions.

Next. Points 1) and 5): PvP. We don't want OR need PvP. You apparently do. That's OK. Horizons can make a mint off of the "other 30%" of serious gamers who don't (assuming that they can get them).

Next. 2) Player Built Cities. You've obviously either not played the game much at all, or I don't understand your use of the term. Horizons has tons of "player-built" towns. Has had them since release.

Next. 3) Vet rewards. Been suggested several times before. Would be a nice fluff item, but there are other more critical issues that need attention.

Next 4) Mounts/Vehicles/War Structures. Mounts would be nice, even ridable Dragons. The rest is just more fluff, but it would still be nice to have once other more serious issues are resolved.

Next. 6) Veteran Player Input. We have that in one form. It's called a "Focus Group", and the devs are slowing coming around to listening to entire playerbase. Bad management habits are hard to break.

Next. 7) GM Events. Very oft-requested item. We are getting more of them as time goes on. Eventually we will get events like we used to before the Chap 11 days.

Thanks for your input!

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Thug

I have always thought (and still do) that the voice of the player that's willing to make a difference is the one nobody will ever listen to.

It's the opininated people that post in forums that typically are the ones with, not only the minority viewpoint (due to the majority ofpeople that aren't able to/don't want to read forums) but also the most jaded from seeing people post their ideas for changes to the game.

I, for one, don't have a problem with seeing the same suggestions over and over. If I was a dev, I'd see at trend there... If there's a call for something to be changed, that should make them more cognizant of the issue, not less willing to change it.

So for those of you who take to flaming people with new and fresh perspectives (or so they think) of changes which would increase our enjoyment of an already great game. Please stop? It IS, afterall, the squeeky wheel that gets the oil.

Having said that.. these ideas stink, geez get a life! Haha! Just kidding..

I think everything sounds good except the introduction of PvP awards. Granted, with the continuous pressure on the Devs for PvP, eventually I'm sure it'll be on their list of "To Do"s. As long as it's not a required element of game play in order to achieve certain awards/prizes/titles/etc.

Because, in the end, I'm sure I'll grow tired of trolls and grievers spouting their catch phrase "DUEL ME THEN!" as they poach mobs and steal nodes, etc. So, do I feel PvP is a good addition? No.. create a shard just for it.. and everyone is happy.

I disagree with all statements made by the original poster on the grounds he or she doesn't knew what the heck they're talking about and possibly has 47 chromosomes. They neither understand the concept of original ideas or that Tulga Games is not Blizzard.

The End.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Thug

And, as fate would have it, I prove my point very quickly.

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    *falls off chair laughing*

Oh, and regarding the actual thread, I hate PvP and it would drive away a lot of the playerbase we have.
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

Thread Information