Thread: Returning player (maybe)

Taramir

Default Returning player (maybe)

Hi everyone. I started playing Horizons at launch and left the game shortly before the server mergers. I started playing World of Warcraft but have become incredibly bored over there (instances suck) so I decided to try out Horizons again. I am having a few issues though that maybe I can get some help on,

1) Can I play the full game with the trial download? I still have my original CDs but wont have access to them for a few weeks ( recently moved and they are in a box in storage ) so I can re install and stuff normally. But if I can just play off the trial then that would be awesome , I could start now then.

2) Heres the big one. Ive downloaded and installed the trial version of the game. I tried to log into my old account but it says it can not be found. I am 100% sure that I am using the correct user name and password. I do want to play again but I do not wish to start over. My characters werent terribly high leveled but I did have a lvl 68 Reaver and an Adult Dragon. Was there any kind of a server wipe? I never logged in after the merger , would that have anything to do with it ? I really want my old characters back.

Can anyone help?

Default Re: Returning player (maybe)

Taramir,

The best way to get back into the game would be to email support at [email protected]. They will be able to assist you in locating your old account and getting back up and running.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

1) The trial download is the full game, just as on the CDs.

2) To my knowledge, all accounts should still exist. I am almost 100% sure that you are using an incorrect password. If your email account is still active, send an email to [email protected] and have them reset your password, or whatever the normal procedure is that they tell you. Your characters should still exist with all their goodies intact, sans any plot(s). I know that many friends who played from day one and left long before you did still exist.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Taramir

Thanks for the help guys. I have emailed support with all of the information I could think of for my account. Hopefully I will get a response within the next few days and can join everyone back in Istaria :)

So let me tell you a nice welcome back!

[^]
    Clerical Chaos Conjurer

Waechter der Zeit
    Beta-guild from Earth - and we are still here!
    Unity

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Do you recall which shard you were originally on?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Taramir

I originally played on the Twilight server.

I havent yet received a reply from anyone yet . I did get the automated response and it told me I could log in to check the status of things ... kinda hard to do when what I am trying to solve is actually logging in ...

If I cant get my old account back I dont know how Ill play again. Cant remember the last time I seen Horizons in the stores , and it isnt possible to make a new account without a cd-key.

HellBreath

sure, it is, you could make a 7-day trial account which would then turn into a normal account if you add a subsctription to it.

but i hope you get your old acct, it'd be better for them and you.

they havent deleted any accounts that I know of.

I bet you just forgot how you logged into the game. Given the security question this raises best bet is to brainstorm and try and remember the old account info cause imo supports hands are tied unless you can verify the email address portion.

Taramir

I can verify the e-mail address is mine. It is still active but I do not use it anymore. I wasnt thinking and didnt email support from the e-mail I use to log in (Ive since been invited to g-mail and use it now). I suppose that doesnt help my case but it shouldnt be very hard to verify its mine.

Taramir

lol well I feel quite stupid now... i have remembered my password. WoW has a minium of an 8 character password so Ill just say i was adding an extra number at the I didnt need for Horizons 7 character min passwords. Im sorry for all this trouble!!

See you guys in Istaria!

Welcome back! Always good to see another Twilight refugee. [B]

You'll probably have many questions; hop into General & ask away. We're used to it. [;)]

Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Taramir

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Updating the game as I am typing this , about 40 minutes to go now :)

Thread Information