Thread: New Tinker Quest

Default New Tinker Quest

I'm running through the Dimensional Pocket VII quest with the young one now, and had this (hopefully) great idea that should benefit Dragons.

The dialog is laid out like so:

-----

Jynasix tells you, 'What? Oh, hello there. I am Jynasix, the great dragon trader. I've made my hoard by buying and selling the things people want. I could even help you to be a better trader by showing you how to bend space to increase the amount you can carry. Would you like to <!--ST 220453 3>learn?<!--/ST>'

You have received a new quest - 'Dimensional Pocket VII: Deliver Parts for Experimental Cargo Di'.

Jynasix tells you, 'Yes, yes always more to do, a Dragon's day is ever long. Let's begin Aquzon. My assistance has been requested by a certain gnome in New Rachival, and no not as snacks. Versanto, claims he has the plans for a new type of experimental cargo disk. His last one exploded mind you...

Versanto tells you, 'Greetings mighty dragon! Very grateful for the help, I just need two more parts for my experimental cargo disk. Everything was going so well until the incident, but enough about that.

The first part I need is an Extended Fission Mobilizer, Kannos in Kirasanct told me his father has one left that I could use. (( Note: The Extended Fission Mobilizer prevents Recalling and Teleportation ))

Versanto tells you, 'Ah excellent, here is a small tip!

The next part I need is a Bronzed Proton Relocator, Bastea the Jeweler Trainer in Kion has just the one I need.'

Here you go Aquzon,I just finishing bronzing this.

Mind you this cannot pass through the travel gates.

Safe travels Dragon!'
    You have received 1 Bronzed Proton Relocator. (( Note: The Bronzed Proton Relocator prevents Recalling and Teleportation ))

Versanto tells you, 'Ah the last piece I need! Here is another small tip, I left my other coin purse in my other leggings, yeh thats it.

Thanks again dragon for the help, take this note back to Jynasix.

Now where did I put my blasting caps...'
    You have received 1 Note from Versanto.

Jynasix tells you, 'Ah, let me read this....

Hmmm, I know you can go faster, but excellent work Aquzon, regardless. Now for the next lesson in bending the Dimensional Pockets to our will.'
    You have received 1 Dimensional Pocket VII.

-----

Basically, I'd like to see an extension to this quest that a capable Tinker could acquire.Upon completion of this quest, the Tinker would acquire a formulae that allowed him or her to be able to craft a disk specially made for Dragons - with the capability of being able to be taken to the skies. However, would not gain the ability to be taken through portals like the Tarbash's line have, since the 2 pieces I needed to get the Tinker Trainer both could not be recalled or ported with (Which, however, didn't stop me from putting the pieces in the vault and then porting.. Something should be fixed to prevent that btw - perhaps increasing their bulk to a respectable amount, rather than 1).

I'm not sure on what stats they would acquire, but I'd think something similar to the Deluxe lines of cargo disks.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Default Re: New Tinker Quest

Heh :) sounds good to me!
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Did you try to port with the quest pieces?

For a long time after those quests, you could port with "no teleport" objects without any problems.

Just wondering if they actually fixed that bug.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Pharcellus, I didn't. But I just tried it with the Mithril Bullion - 3650 Bulk, Prevents Recall/Port. The quest was just too easy being able to port.. I love bugs :p
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Thread Information