Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2nd part of Arop on blight?

Default 2nd part of Arop on blight?

i look forward to see new infos about this.

announced new abilities/items

what will be the truth?

Default Re: 2nd part of Arop on blight?

I barely finished the first part of ARoP, but I indeed wonder what the second part will be like...

I hope that I will be able to solo it in any case like I did with most of the first part (except Thistleface and Golem King)...

A smallcrafting quest might be nice... I liked that from RoP...
    Hmmm... I am getting far to sentimentel... [:P]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

So far, it is very problematic. ctds, broken steps, frustration from poor clues.

But at least it is on Blight where it can get fixed before everyone has to go through it! [:D][Y][Y][Y]
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

still working on finishing part one on blight

ah good

and i hope its not again: kill this, kill that :(

No, this seems to be the travel all over the world talking to people and running errands part. At least, so far. Part 2 of part 2 is supposed to be added soon (I heard tomorrow?).
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

oh now they add not only parts *g*

part 5 of subpart 2 from part 2 ^^

well hopefully part 2 of part 2 is when we enter the rift

Rifts? I want a glitterboy!
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    Rifts? I want a glitterboy!
    Gah!!! Railguns!!!
    Mordoth Penumbraen
    Helian Dragon of Order
    (Retired but keeping an eye out.)
    Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    http://tinyurl.com/ZL3F

"I'm a vegetarian Dragon. I only eat Garden Gnomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Tympest
    No, this seems to be the travel all over the world talking to people and running errands part. At least, so far. Part 2 of part 2 is supposed to be added soon (I heard tomorrow?).
    heh...well..that would make it mirror the ROP....if that were indeed the case.

imported_Silowyi

BTW,bugs aside (and the majority of the areas involved in the ARoP worked as of the time the quest was written), the majority of the clues in part 2 were meant to be vague, and even possibly misleading. You're following the trail of a dragon that died 10-15 years earlier, after all. The unfortunate thing is that it won't matter, since the day after it's available we'll have a walk-through on the forum.

Part two on blight?
    I thought they said the ARoP would be finished for June, not 2/3 finished.
    When will the first ancient is going to take flight? In december?
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

who says that there are only 3 parts of the AROP?

maybe there will be 5 or more?

edit: hey its our first epic quest

I'm leaning towards three parts myself. Part one you make the scale as part of the key to use the Gate of Embers. Part two you figure out how to use the gate, and yeah part two of part two is probably traveling to the Rift. Then I'm guessing part three will involve taking care of whatever problem you discover from your trip to the Rift (if it's not dealt with in part two) and then facing Drulkar himself and whatever trials he might have before he'll let you ascend to ancient. Hmmm.. I guess that could be four parts depending on what all is involved there.

Also, I misunderstood when part two of part two is arriving. It's supposed to be in the "next big push" to Blight, whenever that may be.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

imported_Silowyi

Well ok so Master of Lore was more appropriate for Karane than Lantenal. But the rest of the clues most certainly pointed toward Lantenal. And he did figure /heavily/ into both Helian and Lunus RoP. Also there are many different types of lore, history is not the only one. Lantenal helped or showed you how to make many of the items you used on your RoP, guided you in the encounter with the Crystalline Golem, the Entombed Will... I think the label is appropriate, especially given the rest of the clue :P

That being said, I really don't anticipate anyone who knows the game having much of a problem with the clues in part 2, except one tricky one that could involve a lot of searching around.

Quote Originally Posted by Silowyi

BTW,bugs aside (and the majority of the areas involved in the ARoP worked as of the time the quest was written), the majority of the clues in part 2 were meant to be vague, and even possibly misleading. You're following the trail of a dragon that died 10-15 years earlier, after all. The unfortunate thing is that it won't matter, since the day after it's available we'll have a walk-through on the forum.
    Vague and misleading = frustrating and discouraging. NOT a good combination for such an important quest. I only found the NPC dragon I was searching for because someone blurted out the answer in IRC after I expressed a lot of frustration at searching and not finding him. I did not want the location, but there it was. This is not a puzzle to solve, it is blindly stumbling around until you get lucky or cheating by looking at the walkthrus. If anything, there should be at least one NPC in Chiconis that may not be necessary for you to talk to as part of the quest, but by asking they could give clues that would lead you to where you need to go.

(Slight spoiler in this paragraph cause it names the target NPC)
    Surely Karane would remember a young dragon that came to him for learning who's imagination was sparked by the Legend of Lyshaan as told to him by Ellean. Karane would point you to Jynasix because Raj and Barin came to him to start the RoP together and he knows that Barin does work for Jynasix.. Jynasix does not know Raj but points you to Barin who "watches" for him. Barin could sadly relate that Raj died during the RoP then gives you the information you need to complete that step.

If there could be at least a small element of investigation similar to this, completely unnecessary to proceed on to the next step if you go directly to the target NPC, it would relieve the frustration of this part of the quest which has some lore but that is wrapped in a very long time sink if your search does not take you the proper direction. Frankly I had to shut down and walk away from my computer in disgust last night, intending to abandon testing this part of the ARoP on Blight. But I started up again this morning to get past this.

hmm vague/misleading quests or tasks are nice if they are in my mother language

but not if i have to translate / make errors

lets see what happen =)

thanks for the info so far

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire
    If there could be at least a small element of investigation similar to this, completely unnecessary to proceed on to the next step if you go directly to the target NPC, it would relieve the frustration of this part of the quest which has some lore but that is wrapped in a very long time sink if your search does not take you the proper direction. Frankly I had to shut down and walk away from my computer in disgust last night, intending to abandon testing this part of the ARoP on Blight. But I started up again this morning to get past this.
    I completely agree and already sent in feedback to that effect. The information for this step is extremely vague, you are basically told to "Go find a dragon somewhere in this quadrant of the world." I spent hours fruitlessly searching.. combing the ground with my view distance cranked to 50%, logged off once in sheer frustration, crashed a second time from the view distance, and almost quit again over this part. If it weren't for Maltavorn's vague hints and off hand comments I would never have gotten past this step. :P
    Tympest Stormchaser
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Quote Originally Posted by Silowyi
    That being said, I really don't anticipate anyone who knows the game having much of a problem with the clues in part 2, except one tricky one that could involve a lot of searching around.
    I think it could be said that I "know the game" fairly well. One of the clues was almost completely useless (hint: the one where we are supposed to search the "Chiconis Triangle" for a NPC).

The problem is not entirely the fault of the author, but the fact that there is so little else in the world to base clues on without giving people the feeling of being led around by the nose. Mostly because there is NO LORE in the game to speak of that would help make the use of "vague clues" worthwhile. Might as well have said "talk to ALL NPCs in and around Chiconis and see if they know anything".

As it was, I was looking for something completely different than the target, figuring I was missing it because of the stupid spawn system not causing the NPC to show up because I didn't do a walking search pattern over 16 square kilometers of rugged, mountainous, UNCLIMBABLE terrain to find a needle in a haystack.

On a supportive note, I love quests that would have you search and talk to everyone and everything, and get stories and more vague (or even misleading) clues that, as you put the puzzle pieces together, the answer becomes obvious. THAT'S a lot of fun. However, given the current state of the world and its lore, I know it goes too far beyond even the author's capabilities to effect.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Thread Information