Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2nd part of Arop on blight?

Default Re: 2nd part of Arop on blight?

Quote Originally Posted by Tympest
    No, this seems to be the travel all over the world talking to people and running errands part. At least, so far. Part 2 of part 2 is supposed to be added soon (I heard tomorrow?).
    I personaly hope it is not completely walking/flying around Istaria... if yes its probably gonna be boring...
    I am and will always remain a true lunus and wanna kill [:P]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

bah I need titles with names! I have a hard time remembering "name" names..real life this carries over into game!

Using all these famous dragon names, I know I've heard of them...but I coudln't for the LIFE of me tell you WHO they were :). Or WHERE they were, or even WHAT they were..I dont know the dragon reach trainer's name from the dragon you go to to start your Helian ROP...

All I seem to remember is "Karane the Historian"...LOL. That's the only one I can associate with. I do much better with matching "titles" with "location in game".

If it were to just give their first names, many of us would still be stumbling "oh wait...dangit..which dragon was that!" :)

I can't tell you the Hermit dragon's name...but I know where he is :).

is now the complete 2nd part of the arop on blight?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    is now the complete 2nd part of the arop on blight?
    .... I'm not sure. As far as I can tell nothing new was added to the ARoP with the blight patch, however, they did fix the bugs and made that really frustrating step better.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

If you mean _a_ next part, yesVlissonit's on blight andI just went through it from A to Z withouth any bugs. Yeah!
    Though what you think what2nd part is and what is in Blight now may be different. [:)]I certainly have no clue how many parts there will be, hopefully just1 more but I would not be surprised by more. [:)]

i heared tales about new items / abilities for dragons! is this true? if the second part of the arop is now bug free then we can hope to get it soon live

mini SPOILER ARoP Part 2

All part 2 concerns, is some lore and learning how to use the Gate of Embers for travel to the Rift. No new abilities yet.

Guessing part three is the rift :)

So there is a 3rd part?
    Geeze. No ancient until october then.
    Guess I'll see people in Falls then. ARoP should be completed for June. yeah.

Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    Guessing part three is the rift [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    If remeber the lore correct from part 1, there are several places we may have to goto including:
    Realm of Fire
    The Rift (also know as Realm of Void)(also this is where according to hoard item the dyrad city was transported to save it from the WA)
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

um... isn't the AROP SUPPOSED To be misleading and hard?.. i mean.. duh!..
    if your going to make something long and hard to do.. what did you expect?.
    You guys are complaining about something "you" the community wanted.. a 'hard' well thought out AROP..

Course.. it was bound to happen.. everyone complained about the crafting in ROP

Takes time and patience. i'll wait diligently for it to release on Chaos so i can do it with my fellow dragons.. sides from that, dont spoil it for us

hard ok

misleading no

i dont think there will be unmarked spoilers so no panic to read a spoiler ^^

right v there is a difference between hard and pointlessly time consuming. Iwish they had done awaywith searching for npcs and add more hard fights.

Even things like beatingan npcdragon in a chess match would be better.

The most boaring part of any and every quest is endless searching especially when there is no fighting and no true direction. It's about as fun as camping a named npc with a sepcific drop specific to only that npc and all you can do is wait.

I don't mind a search, as long as it is more than just "talk to every NPC on the planet until you chance upon the right one". I also like to be doing something to advance the search; making something, going to a specific place to find a clue that is NOT on a NPC, etc.

I mean, that is what quests are really all about, ultimately. Knoweldge and experience for the purposes of transformation of the self.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

imported_Silowyi

The clue was changed before it hit live anyway. The primary issue with this clue is that the prerequisite for the ARoP doesn't imply knowledge of this dragon's existance, because he is part of a lvl 100 quest. The intended thought was to be:

(spoiler warning)
    1. Well let's talk to dragons in Chiconis... nope!
    2. Ok what about Karane... nope!
    3. What other dragons are there around here... oh! I remember! Ding!

Except if you'd never done the lvl 100 quest, you wouldn't know he existed.

I thinkanother problem is that in Horizons, we're so used to assuming something is bugged or broken (since it so often is), that these clues are less challenging and more frustrating. a.k.a. Thistleface spawn issue, or Spending hours and hours looking for Storm's Shadow during the original RoP (everyone assumed he was bugged).

Honestly, I was looking for a new NPC.

You are right, Silowyi. Beyond the shallowness of the overall existing lore and the issues with bugged quests and systems in the game, it turns into an exercise in frustration for a lot of folks.

However, some of the clues were just fine. It really showed when people didn't even know the basic lore of the game. The problem is, since there has been so little of it, and it is written like a menagerie of disconnected short stories, people don't pay it much attention. For example, quite a few people didn't even know about the Battle of Tazoon and why there was a crater there. One of my guildmates was going to go searching Draak for that step, until I edumacated him. *grin*

That is cool, though, in a way. If Ryson's story could be accessed from somewhere in the world without having to create a new character and go talk to him, then people wouldn't have an excuse not to know the lore. Especially if other stories tied into and referenced it.

Ultimately, stories and lore form part of a great web of knowledge, and people should be able to "connect the links" to find answers and understanding. Each NPC's story or each item of lore (books/tomes/etc) should illuminate one small part of that web, perhaps even colored by the author/speaker, but the essence of the information should be there.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

wow the first part of a dragon quest without any spoiler?

whats the reward for part 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    Honestly, I was looking for a new NPC.

You are right, Silowyi. Beyond the shallowness of the overall existing lore and the issues with bugged quests and systems in the game, it turns into an exercise in frustration for a lot of folks.
    *chuckles*

And here I am..no clue what "level 100 quest" you guys are talking about!

I'm not level 100 yet...but..still I had no idea we had a level 100 quest to do...:)

Frith-Rae it's a 100 crafter quest. I can not remeber your craft level but want to say your not a supper big crafter right?

Britt Tigahare

No one said ARoP would be completed by June, just that it will be released to live before June. There was absolutely no specifics, I believe it was Zideon who gave this information? Someone had it copied in another thread what his exact words were and it was not specific to the entire quest. So technically, since the first part was released before June, what he said was true.

I know they have said it was to be released in December, but what were the words said then? That we want it to be released, or that we promise without a shadow of a doubt that the entire thing will be out by December? See those are two completely different things, and it seems like you hear only what you want to hear without comprehending what was actually said.

And why on earth the rush to become ancient? Technically we shouldn't even BE adult. How many days has your dragon been in Istaria? Less than 200? More? So a 200 day old dragon, not even a year old, should be an adult? Just be glad you are allowed to be that, for crying out loud.

So they want things to happen at a certain time, but yet things happen so they can't do it. So what? Have you ever waited for something to be released in real life only to be disappointed that it was set back? If you haven't then you're ******** lucky. I can't recall how many times I've been anticipated the release ofsomething I've already been waiting a long time for, only for it to be set back another year or more.

Maybe they don't want to make the mistake of releasing something too early, like they did with the game itself. Or would you rather have a poop quest, then something that may turn out to be fantastic once all the pieces are put together? Sorry, but no poop for me please.

I for one am in no rush to become ancient. I am doing the quests as they come out and really, if we weren't getting anything real cool like resurrection I wouldn't become ancient at all. I'm not real excited on become bigger, that's just more spaces that I can't fit my fat ****** through.

hmm ive done all quests (ca. 1 year ago) but i dont remember any new dragon

tazoon crater? is there anything to look at?

search admistthe ashes for the ghosts of the protectorate...

Thread Information