Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Display Wire Frame

Default Display Wire Frame

Horizons Players:

We are removing the ability to modify your client files to allow you to display wire frame views of the world.

We are introducing a new command to allow you to select corpses, and to cycle through corpses.

Thank you for helping us test on Blight.

David Bowman
    David Bowman

Default Re: Display Wire Frame

That's very nice news indeed David. But Wireframe has more then one useful function other than selecting corpses. It helps the crafters aswell - especially with clay nodes.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

I have never used any of those commands, don't think I missed out on anything though. Thanks for the fix for mobs though with reguards to looting them.

same as peaches never used them But as a dragon I am looking forward to the new select corpse command[:)]

This is very good news. This should make it simple to loot corpses that have fallen into mountainsides / inside objects, and corpses that have stacked on top of each other. The other problem of finding resources could be easily remedied with some recoloring work on nodes. Obsidian in Char can be missed too - at least from high vantage point - due to the pervasive volcanic color sheme.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman
    We are removing the ability to modify your client files to allow you to display wire frame views of the world.
    We've never had to modify our client files to use the /dwm and /dfm commands. They've always worked in the native client setup since beta.

We are introducing a new command to allow you to select corpses, and to cycle through corpses.
    Please also introduce a new command to allow us to select resource nodes, and to cycle through resource nodes.

Thanks!

PS- I am still baffled as to why /setscale is being left with all its exploit potential, and wireframe mode is being axed without any known exploit use.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Malt I think they dont want us seeing structures and whatnot underground... and I think changing setscale to min of .4 would be an acceptable compromise on setscale as well.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Geerkil

Horizons Players:

David Bowman

That sounds good however There is still the issue with necroflies being nearly impossible to see agains the darkend backgrounds that Wire Frame Mode resolves. Juat for the record, My eyes are not as young as they use to be and nowadays I have difficult with contrasts that you seem fond of using in the blighted areas of the game as well as Char. Black Nodes agains black background with dard red backlight is hard for me to see. And add to that the necroflies and trying to follow their corpses to the ground is a nightmare, especially if your still being attacked and swarmed by a large swarm of them. I hope your new changes will take that into consideration too.

The Adobe resource node asset has been scaled to a larger size and is easily selectable and appropriately visible in the latest update to Blight.

David Bowman
    David Bowman

Now you're making progress! :D
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Progress is good... now lets fix the other resources that need some visual aid in seeing... obsidian in the Char area, t2-t5 clay all over both come to mind... :)
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Commands to select corpses and cycle through them would be very welcome additions .. and I would say (although I've never had a need to use adobe) resizing the nodes will go a long way toward addressing the issues that players are using the /dwm mode for.

Can we get some fixes for necroflies and obsidian in Char?

OH BABY! Outstanding!

Barnaby posted a good idea about this, could viewdistance be scaled to say 10m for looting purposes? that would allow you to see whats at your feet, but not much else?
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

More importantly I seem to recollect (fair notice, my recollection is faulty at best) that the concept behind not allowing for selection of corpses/resource nodes was to keep macros from being setup to farm corpses/resources. While I haven't had a chance to see these changes yet, will there be something to prevent this from happening? I know that was one of the methods that the macroers in AC1 used.

I like the idea of having a cycle through corpses, but are you going to add a loot button also or are we just SOL?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby Gump
    More importantly I seem to recollect (fair notice, my recollection is faulty at best) that the concept behind not allowing for selection of corpses/resource nodes was to keep macros from being setup to farm corpses/resources. While I haven't had a chance to see these changes yet, will there be something to prevent this from happening? I know that was one of the methods that the macroers in AC1 used.
    Without using a third party hack there would be no way to macro looting of corpses even with a corpse selection command. Resources on the other hand is very different and yes, that was the reason no resource selection command was ever introduced or ever will be. It is too easily abused and macroed. We'd DEFINATELY have afk macroing crafters then.

David, please consider modifying the obsidian nodes graphics too, since (expecially during daytime) seeing them against the dark magma environment is extremely hard and there are areas where they are sparse so you don't even have a clue if you should find them or not.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Ok, so once you have a corpse selected but cannot see it, how do you actually loot it?

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Geerkil

Horizons Players:

David Bowman
    Not to be disrespectful but to the best of my knowledge, you do not have to modify the client to use the wire frame mode. It has always been a valid command, at least on the live shards.

Be that as it may, My question is, are you gong to remove the wireframe mode without implimenting the fixes first, like when you recently took area affect breath attack away to be replaced with "something else" and the "something else" has not been put in place, nor is there a projected time for it to be put inplace? Cause if that is your intention, it would really suck during that time that the item in question is made unavailabe.

I am not saying I resist change, but change, for the sake of change, is not always a good thing. When you take away something from an already weak character without giving them the promised replacement, it just adds frustration to an already tense situation. The same will hold true of the wireframe mode if you remove it for the sake of removing it and do not impliment the changes right away. Just would like to know what is the intention of the dev's and what time frame we might be looking at please?

Thank you for all that you do, I know that your job is not easy and that you take a lot of hits, however, I do apprecate your efforts to improve the game and look forward to future improvements. It would be nice though if the dev's could at least give us an idea what is in the works for the future. I understand the time line issue you face. I am a service technition and if I tell a customer that I "May be back tommorrow depending on the availability of the part in our stock." What the customer hears is "I WILL be back tommorrow with the needed part and make your machine work like brand new and it will never give you trouble again for the rest of your entire life and that of your grand children that you pass this peice of equipment down to, through all the generations to come!!!"

Be content that not all of us out here are brain dead and do understand that problems do come up that delay the final result. If you state clearly enough that this is a "ball park" time frame, Most of the people will understand not to hold your feet to the fire on that date, and those that do hold your feet to the fire, well they were going to do that anyway no matter what you say. There is always that element that simply cannot understand anything you tell them. Overall I think most of the players would be more content knowing something then be kept in the dark.

Thread Information