Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Long Awaited Plot Reclamation

Manga

Default The Long Awaited Plot Reclamation

The Long Awaited Plot Reclamation

What: Plot reclamation is the process by which we will reclaim plots from inactive accounts and auction them back to the active community.

Why: We are doing this because there are many plots that the community worked hard to build and now they lay unused or inaccessible. We want to give all of our active players a chance to claim a piece of Istaria and continue to build their community.

Who: As we have mentioned, plot reclamation will affect inactive accounts. Each account that owns a plot but has been inactive for more than thirty days will be sent an email. This email explains that they will have their plot(s) repossessed on a certain date, and that they will have until then to add an active subscription to their account. This will also affect those who had multiple subscriptions and plots, but now have fewer subscriptions than plots.

How: Each community across Istaria will be addressed one at a time on all shards. Once the plot has been reclaimed, it will be put up for auction to the community. Each auction will last for 3 days. We will announce which communities are coming up for auction with the date and time for the beginning of the auction on the community forums. The Message Of The Day for each shard will also include announcements pertinent to the auctions. All structures will be left intact and the plot will be sold exactly as it is seen now in the community. Bids can only be made if the bidding character is within the boundaries of the community where the plot is located.

PLEASE NOTE: Guild plots will be handled separately: We will be reclaiming primary guild plots that are associated with inactive accounts and then contact the guild in question to make arrangements for retaining guild property with the current and active guild leader.

When: The first of the auctions will begin on Friday, June 10th. An auction schedule will be posted soon.

PLEASE NOTE: We have already sent an email notice to the inactive owners of plots. If your account?s email address is not current then you will not receive our notice of reclamation. If you need assistance updating your email address, please contact us at support.istaria.com or [email protected].

Default Re: The Long Awaited Plot Reclamation

Question: if somebody has say 4 accounts, had 4 plots, but then stopped paying for 1 account, so was mainitaining 3 subs, which plot gets repoed?

actually i should probably phrase that as cd-keys not accounts.

So for an account with 4 paid cdkeys, 4 purchased plots, but then one cdkey has its subscription canceled so 3 cdkeys were paid for, which plot gets repoed

Also will these be blind auctions, or will players be able to see the cash value of the highest bid?
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

They likely have cd keys/accounts linked to the plot.. So, whichever cd key/account gets cancelled, then the respective plot will be up for grabs. That's my guess at least.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Discussing this in Chaos marketplace atm...

Some of us are wondering if the auctions are going to be like the system used at merge? Where cash bids have to meet the listed imperial price or if a bid is a bid, and if you win with what you bid, it's yours?
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Question: What happens to any belongings that were stored on the plot? If the structures aren't wiped do the stored items stay within the structures thereby giving the new owner a bonus deal with added goodies or do the items insta revert back to the actual owner of the items?

i would assume that the items would revert back to the owners vaultbut it would be a nice bonus to get them
    Brazius of the Five awaiting the Feast

Quote Originally Posted by neural_hoax
    i would assume that the items would revert back to the owners vaultbut it would be a nice bonus to get them
    LMAO Yeah, I bet it would be. LOL

I'm not willing to assume anything where Horizons is concerned. I'd really appreciate an answer from a Dev.

Manga said in IRC that questions would be answered tomorrow.
    Brazius of the Five awaiting the Feast

Merri check your PMs.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    Question: What happens to any belongings that were stored on the plot?
    When you buy a plot, items in storage structures stay in those structures. The new owner could indeed make out very well.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Manga

The Long Awaited Plot Reclamation

How: Each community across Istaria will be addressed one at a time on all shards.
    Does this include Unity? (fingers crossed it will!)
    Arietna Winterfire, Brand New ADULT!! Purple Dragon, CHAOS shard, DIVINE RETRIBUTION Guild

Ariadne Dreamweaver - ex of Unity Shard
    Tailor 67, Weaver 72, Carpenter 85,
    oh, and Spirit Disciple 57 , Paladin 34

Cean

PLEASE NOTE: Guild plots will be handled separately: We will be reclaiming primary guild plots that are associated with inactive accounts and then contact the guild in question to make arrangements for retaining guild property with the current and active guild leader.

This is confusing because it does not address Guild subplots... My guild is still active on the primary plot but we need several subplots reclaimed... will these be reclaimed.. they dont need to be actioned due to the primary still being active and the guild leader still handles who gets what plot..

Cean Semma

My questions are many, so bare with me:

Community plots that are auctioned but not sold: Will the machines / Usable structures (guild houses, vault rooms, consignment / pawn brokers) still be accessable by the playing community

Community plots (moving): Player was stuck with a poor location buying any available plot, but one comes available in a better location. I suggest this: allow the deconstruction of the buildings on the present plot and return the materials in Novian form (minus 5%) to the owner of the old plot. If it took 200 timbers to build the structure, then the player needs to come up with 10 timbers for his reconstructed building on the new plot instead of painstakingly building it all over again.

Community plots: (already asked in thread): the possessions within the plot storage, where does it go?

Community plots: Will there ever be the possibility for 1 account to have 2 plots? I know this will be a resounding "No" and the other answer is "buy another account and upkeep a second plot" I forsee this also as an account generating move, as there will be players that may subscribe to a second account, in order to keep key plots from going under.

Guild Plots: If the Master Guild plot is paid up, will the inactive plots disappear around the guild plot?

Guild Plots: Who is notified when the Guild plot is in danger of being auctioned? I am the guild master but don't own the plot, the previous guild master does. Will they get the notice or will I. Will the Guild master be allowed to own 2 plots (their own and the guild plot?)

Guild Plot: If the guild plot is auctioned off, where do its contents go, seeings how most of the guild uses it as storage?

Guild Plot: If the guild plot is auctioned off, what of the surrounding plots still owned by other players with buildings on it? Will they lose their plots? their buildings?
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

what will happen to unity?

this is only speculation: I think that they might be freeing up plots on the NA servers, so that they can safely migrate Unity players over to the NA shards, this is ONLY speculation, but imo probably something that might be considered by Tulga to save the GN people from going under.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage

this is only speculation: I think that they might be freeing up plots on the NA servers, so that they can safely migrate Unity players over to the NA shards, this is ONLY speculation, but imo probably something that might be considered by Tulga to save the GN people from going under.
    you must have missed the part that stated the reclaimed plots will begin to be auctioned off starting this Friday...
    Got Cowbell?

as for Unity:

David-Chiconis> We are sending GN the instructions again today, we don't access their data base. They can then do the same thing we are doing if they feel it is in the best interest of their customers.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

When a plot is sold, do the former owners get a compensation for the materials and time they use to build all buildings and did they get the money they pay for the plot or did they just lose all? I think that would bring most old Players to dont reactivate theyr account anymore.
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

All they will receive is the Imperial purchase price of the plot. Monies paid for construction or materials placed are not compensated.

Your perspective is backwards; the possibility of losing the work and money invested in the plot is an incentive for a former player to return. If they choose not to return, then they have no right to be upset at losing their plot.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I just hope that those who chose not to come back, but have helpful machines / structures in their community are left active if no one buys that particular plot... which brings another question...

Will the purchase price for the plot be more based on the number of machines / structures on the said plot?

Thread Information