[*-)]

Default Re: desert foliage

changed the link, this post no longer made sense
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

cool looking trees...but I want bushes and flowers.....
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

Ohhh those Palms are going look awesome on Parsinia...

[:D]

Can`t wait...

[8-|]

Love them! hope I can find a spot on my tiny plot :-)

She heard Nanny say: 'Beats me why they're always putting invisible runes on their doors. I mean, you pays some wizard to put invisible runes on your door, and how do you know you've got value for money?'
    She heard Granny say: 'No problem there. If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.'

Default Palm Trees??

*rubs eyes and does a double take* I just saw this , and methinks I'll trot out to Mia's Edge now . . . .

So . . . any chance this is just the start of a whole slew of plants coming in the future (like rose bushes, etc.)?
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Default Re: Palm Trees??

<Manga-4tw> A little bird informs me players will soon have alot more choices in plants and trees for their plots
    <Manga-4tw> First starting off with some of the snow covered trees for those in the mountain regions and the palm trees for those in desert

<Manga-4tw> The modelling of the vegetable plants is on the schedule
    <Manga-4tw> corn, onions (red and green)
    <Khoal> cool
    <PJ> no yellow onions?
    <Manga-4tw> its tintable so yeh
    <PJ> gotta have yellow onions ;)
    <PJ> and some garlic

<vandellia> how about some ltiny fooprint flowers and bushes we can put on our plots :P
    <Manga-4tw> vandellia: thats next =D
    <Manga-4tw> i found lots of flowers too
    <Daedra> found a load of unused stuff manga?
    <Manga-4tw> yar

Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

And lo, much was the rejoicing in the land thereof!

I note that it says "in the desert areas" -- does that mean that I couldn't do a clump of palms in Aiya? It makes sense to have area-specific vegetation, but Aiya's pretty sunny, I bet if I really babied them I could get palms to grow ... [H]

Wow, I've been wanting flower bushes for quite a while. Hope that's in the next few weeks *bounces up and down with glee*

I know that Graylina got a saris manor house built for the Pretty Plot contest, and Fendaen has had his up for a while ... I'm trying to think what house might have fairy dust in its mortar, though.

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP by Aiya's pad awaits its greening (lawn, please!)
    100 Blacksmith/79 Fitter/45 Mason/45 Carpenter/25 Scholar/14 Weaver/100 Reaver/53 IceD

While I like the new palm trees and all, I'd much rather see a few more racial buildings available.[*-)]

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRdr
    While I like the new palm trees and all, I'd much rather see a few more racial buildings available.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-42.gif[/img]
    I wouldent mind a few more racial buildings either. I know it's probably not likely, but some Dryad buildings would be cool. So small, only Dryads and the smallest dwarfs could ever dream of fitting inside....
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Hopefully they won't have a footprint the size of current trees. I would like to place trees closer together in some instances.
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Samael,

I think you can put them right next to each other. They no longer conflict except at the planter level. Heck, the branches will stick through walls of adjacent buildings.

Just go to Aiya, southeast corner area, to see a lot with a gazillion trees (planned, not yet built, but we're working on it) all jammed up against each other. I'm told there will be room to walk between the trunks once built, but I'll be amazed if there are huge gaps.

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP by Aiya's pad
    100 Blacksmith/79 Fitter/45 Mason/45 Carpenter/25 Scholar/14 Weaver
    100 Reaver/54 IceD

Just have a peek at Boris' or Sins' plot in Jambi. I stuck almost 40 trees on Boris' plot alone. They do add a little color to the inside walls of adjacent buildings. [;)]
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Sweet!

Just the other day I was thinking about snow covered trees. Palm ones look great as well.

[Y]

Any plans for Dryad racial buildings and such? I doubt I am the only one that would much rather see that than palm trees, although I will take what I can get[:P]

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Racial buildings are still in the works, but stuck behind the art assets for lairs I believe.

These were pre-existing assets though, so it was a relatively simple task to fix them up so they could be placed on plots.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

I would like to see large trees buildable on plots as well, such as the ones found in harro or even the elven trees in feladan. Being such large trees i wouldnt even mind them taking 2x the resources of regular trees.
    Brazius of the Five awaiting the Feast

I'm thinking that there can't be any reason not to allow players to at least have the trees that are all already in game for plot models... Cedar, Elm, Oak, Maple, Yew...(I have yet to see a Thornwood someone would want on their plot..)

The art is, the model is in... Sure they'd need to come up with footprint sizes and requirements for building BUT if they can do that for a completely new set of trees...

Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Well, but they're not completely new, those models were already in the game. Manga is just taking those and making them available for plots.

I personally wouldn't want resource trees for plot buildable trees. 1) they would confuse anyone running by thinking they are actual resource trees and 2) they are lag ridden to the power of ten, especially the Elm. But if they did make em available I don't see why thornwoods would need to be left out. Maybe someone wants to make their plot look a bit skeery and haunted house-ish. I know I wouldn't mind doing that. :P

Thread Information