Thread: Tabbing the structure selection box

Default Tabbing the structure selection box

Something that just dawned on me is the structure selection box is a bit unruley... With these new structures (trees and that) being added soon the list will become even more unruley and will continue to do so as more structures are made available. Because of this I would like to propose segregating the listing into individual tabs for each zoning allowance... So we would have Residential, Commercial, and Industrial tabs and in each of those tabs would go their respective structures.

For Residential you'd have the housing, flora/fauna, decorations, walkways, grandfathered silo, fencing/walling, and anything else that is able to be placed on a Residential plot. This will probably be the largest list of all of them.

Commercial would incorporate the Pawnbroker and Consigner structures. Probably the shortest list.

Industrial would include all of the various shops and silos.

Even with these seperations the Residential tab would still concern me as a LOT of the structures that are going to be put in new, as well as the existing structures, will be going onto this list. Possibly it needs a further breakdown?

Some breakdown is needed though before wading through the enormous list of structures becomes frustrating.

Default Alternate solution: Adding Catagories

Another possibility for this would be for there to be a master catagory list that is brought up when the (+) is clicked in the plot window. So instead of structures coming up in the list you'd have catagories...

Catagory list may be something like this:

Decorations
    Flora
    Guild Houses
    Houses
    Silos
    Shops (Crafting)
    Shops (Consigner/Pawn Broker)
    Walkways
    Walls, Fencing, and Pillars

Then in order to access a catagory one would either double click a catagory entry or highlight the catagory and click a View List button. Then the Structure window would be brought up with only the structures listed that belong to that catagory. Everything else would work the same as it does now (IE highlighting the structure brings the preview up in the preview window and clicking add with the structure highlighted puts the structure on the plot for planning).

Either of these proposals would work but I have to admit this alternate proposal I like much better than the first now that I've thought of it. :P

HTH

Default Re: Alternate solution: Adding Catagories

For further breaking down of the Residential tab (and I guess the others aswell), why not have racial tabs?

e.g:

-Residential
    +Elf
    -Human
    Tier I House
    Tier I whateverelseistierIandisofHumanrace
    TierII House
    TierII whateverelseistierIIandisofHumanrace
    +Half-Giant
    +...
    +Commercial
    -Industrial
    +Elf
    +Human
    +Half-Giant
    +...
    -General
    Beginner Alchemist Shop
    Beginner Blacksmith Shop

Or something similar to that.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Default Re: Alternate solution: Adding Catagories

I'd certainly enjoy some what to sort this list - it's quite a bit of scrolling when you're adding new things to your plot.

Default Re: Tabbing the structure selection box

great idea. it does take a lot of scrolling and searching to place things. especially if you need to drop more than one, since it does not remeber the last item you were on, and starts at the top of the list again.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Default Re: Tabbing the structure selection box

I tend to agree with the most poster , no new TAB, but a selected group list is a must, before racial style buuilding will be added.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Thread Information