Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Curious - Noticeable Increase in Population?

Shadowon DraGhost

Default Curious - Noticeable Increase in Population?

Hello Everyone,

It is good to see that Horizons is starting its comeback. I am curious if anyone has noticed an increase on their realm (this is all 3, 4 if you count Blight). If so, what kind of numbers are we looking at?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Default Re: Curious - Noticeable Increase in Population?

I've noticed an increase in numbers on Chaos, but I haven't kept any metrics. It's just my general impression that there are increased new folks, along with increased I-was-there-at-launch-coming-to-take-a-second-look rates. It may be just summer vacation coming on, but I'll remain hopeful.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

I reside on Order and have noticed over the past couple of weeks where people who have been gone have started to come back as well as newbies.

I sense it is the summer that is causing it, but Tulga is also posting alot of the free 7 day trials on various gaming websites.

It is great to see an influx of people though.

Hope it gets bigger and bigger
    16 100 crafting classes....getting closer

On Chaos I'm seeing a lot of new names on the various chat channels I frequent.

Shadowon DraGhost

Great News Indeed!

I don't need metrics, just general impressions.

I hope everyone is remembering to keep the starting areas stocked for the younglings.

I am trying my best to break myself away from the other game I have been playing and get back in to Horizons.

Problem I am having is I come back in and still can't find Frostbite. I log in the blizzard area so I don't have to run back there. I am seeing snow and ice beetles. Maybe I will give it a try this evening after I get home and the realms are back up.

I have noticed people who had left returning from the "big boys" of grind (WoW and eq2)

I have also seen a few new people enter our lands
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

The numbers do seem to be going up. I think now that people have gotten their characters maxed out on WoW, they're looking for something else to do. Why not come back to Horizons and see how it's changed?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Shadowon DraGhost

My WoW character(s) are not maxed out yet. I have been taking my time and enjoying the experience - until now. It is such a grinding process past level 50.

The main problem I am having is I can't find Frostbite and I am not going to delete the dragon quest and come back to it later. I feel I shouldn't have to.

If Frostbite is the named Ice Ogre (I can't remember if that's his name), then he's not in the blizzard area. Instead, he spawns in the frozen lakes area to the east and a little south of Mahagra.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Frostbite is the namedsnow/ice beetle
    Xerses 100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragon Crafter
    28 million hoard and counting...
    Yamir Onimar 100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 84 Druid / 37 Mage

Shadowon DraGhost

I really thought he was a beetle.

No Frostbite is the named beetle that is a pain in the but to find in the blizard. I do not have my map but he normaly appears just east of the vally leading down to the coast around the northern edge of the hill that is at the mouth of that little valley.

More importantly, will those returning/trying out the game stick around?

I mean, it is great to see a bunch of new faces, but when the trials/first months are over, will the new faces be around long enough to become old faces?

THAT will be the real indicator of progress.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    No Frostbite is the named beetle that is a pain in the but to find in the blizard. I do not have my map but he normaly appears just east of the vally leading down to the coast around the northern edge of the hill that is at the mouth of that little valley.
    Ah sorry. Never mind! [:P]
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Hello to all!!

Well this is the second time that I've returned, I just can't seem to stay away. I'm excited about checking out the game this evening!

As to whether I'll stay? Can't say for sure, but there is something about the game that keeps me coming back. Just purchased a plot out in the wilderness on Order and will build there. It still seems very lonely on Order, guess I just haven't found where most people are hanging out, it's not in Dalimond, I know!

Or maybe, I'll find a Guild that is recruiting, since mine is gone.

welcome back!
    Jhell Bregan
    Bloodmage Extraordinaire
    Faith of the Fallen

I have seen a few new players and a few returning players that have been gone for quite some time, on Chaos. Several in the past few days.

No hard data of course, but yes, the population appears to be increasing, and that's definitely a good thing!!
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhana
    Hello to all!!

Well this is the second time that I've returned, I just can't seem to stay away. I'm excited about checking out the game this evening!

As to whether I'll stay? Can't say for sure, but there is something about the game that keeps me coming back. Just purchased a plot out in the wilderness on Order and will build there. It still seems very lonely on Order, guess I just haven't found where most people are hanging out, it's not in Dalimond, I know!

Or maybe, I'll find a Guild that is recruiting, since mine is gone.
    Welcome home Alhana!

With the merge last September the cities where you'll find the most player activity have changed. Nowadays Aughundell seems to be the hub of Istaria, and Mahagra to a lesser degree.

Many guilds accept new members on a regular basis, though few actively recruit in the sense of making it a point to go out and bringing in anyone with a pulse. There's a thread on the Order forum here listing many of the active guilds that you might want to take a peek at.

And like many, many others on Order, I'll happily offer my crafting services to help you get your feet back on the ground. Just shoot me a tell in game.

imported_Silveron

For frostbite, go to Mahagra and take the southeast road out of town. it goes over the granite golem chasm and past the ice golem puddles. Road flattens out for a bit near the ice golems then slopes down a bit into a valley with some crystals &amp; snow. I find him up on the flat part at the top, or down by the icybeach.

Shadowon DraGhost

Thanks Silveron - I will try it out this evening.

I am also curious to do a search and see how the population is doing.

I was in for a few minutes last night and it seems that some icons and effects have changed (for the better). I am looking forward to checking out more (once I leave the blizzard area - not leaving until I get Frostbite!)

Thread Information