Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pekkas Map Pack

Default Pekkas Map Pack

Updates v2.8 [*] PERFORMANCE INCREASE 10-20 times maybe? 6Mb DL only now. (v2.8, not v2.8m that is same --> Fast)[*] 1000 new Map Markers[*] New nice Map Marker Icons by Deidrich at Unity: Kwellen, Dragons, Pumpkin, Agror, Skulk, Vexator and Abonimation and I made a new Wraith[*] Western Deadland complete[*] Eastern Deadland complete[*] Satyr Isles complete[*] Aughendell Battlefield complete[*] Dralk Complete[*] Hmmm... I think everything is complete untill we get new mobs at West Harro --> South Gate --> Morning Light wich must come soon I suspect but you never know.[/list]Updates v2.7[*]A test of Road Layer as it didnt work at v2.6 and I still dont know if road layers works as I havnt seen that layer since v1.3[*]Fixed a bug at maps[*]Added some silk spots.[*]Corrected severall bugs at Tier III-IV resources file[/list]

Updates v2.6[*]Changed from Trees old maps to Cobals new at Istaria[*]Skipped West isle map, so if you have personal markers there, send your personal map marker file to me at email and I correct it and send it back if you dont manage it. A WARNING: I will do the same with Tandalar soon, so dont put personal markers there but if you have, send the UIMapmarker.def to me from Horizon\prefs\<shard_char> folder.[*]Added shortcuts up at some mountains with arrows, one location is Chikonis center, another at Harton Valley and at Slate Crest.[*]Loads of Monsters[*]Loads of resources, a mega load of iron at Chikonis new builded Smelter/anvil[*]Loads of Tier II and III resources around harton Valley[*]Lavatube, Flame Isle, that is now open at Unity - Nice spot indeed.[*]Theres probably more...[/list]

Updates v2.5
    [*]Added the Northern Deadlands at map Tandalar (Should be complete now)[*]Added the Rift at Tandalar[*]Added and edited the resoursers at central Tandalar[*]Added Selen forestAdded information about RED WALLS (Thanks akb (Daj))[*]Edited the Aughendell Mine[*]Added some lost machines and NPC[*]Added Wisp Isle[*]Added location of Fabric Isle[/list]

West Deadlands and East Deadlands are still to be done. Every time I get there, I forgot to edit the maps as those areas sure keeps me and my mates buisy. The whole Western Deadland are filled with lvl 60-80 undead arround the roads, Satyr Isles are filled of lvl 80-100 undead and East Deadland are filled of lvl 100-120 undead. Dont go there alone. *grins*

Updates v2.4[*]"Bug-fix" Modem Uses no longer need to DL EA city maps during patch.[*]Added Abonded Isle and the lvl 1-20 Undead Isle west of Parsinia (maps made by Daj from Unity, recolored by Pekka, saved black areas for more exploring)[*]Markers added at Istaria Map from Abonded Isle[*]Makers added to Lvl 1-20[*]Remade the Northern Continent Tandalar: Added back unexplored black areas from request by Daj from Unity.[*]Added some NPC and renamed a Mahagra trainer.[*]Added loads of new markers as Ussual.[/list]

There are still areas to explore like all Deadlands, Aughendell mines that have new resources, the area between Selen and Harro that I will do one nice and shiny day. Make complains and other comments at this thread you are reading right now.
    Updates v2.3

[*]maps from Daj at Unity for Tandalar (Northern Continent) [*]Added all quest monsters for Tandalar + other mosnters there [*]Added Portals for Tandalar [*]Change the Abandoned Isle map resulotion [*]Added the hidden portal at Scorpion Isle North West side [*]Deleted the old WA from Western and East deadlands [*]Added some new WA to Western Deadland [*]Added the Wisps at Wisp Isle [*]Added markeres here, there and some everywhere really.[/list]

Updates v2.2
    [*]2 New isles[*]120 New Map Markers[*]Deleted some old Map Markers[*]hanged some Tiers that was wrong[/list]

*** Big Thanks to Gary from UK who helped me with West Isle (I havnt been there yet myself) ***

Updates v2.1

[*]Included 8-bits versions of AE City maps (I failed to convert the Istaria jpg files to 8-bit png, please, heeeeelp. *grins*)[*]All 436 Icons coverted to 8-bit format so map feels faster now.[*]Loads of new Golem Icons[*]Some new Ogre and Pygmy Icons[*]Lesser Aradoth complete (I hope at least)[*]Added almost all plots at the new Isles (Thanks a lot for this Verginia)[*]Added The RoP NPC (Please tell me if some still are missing, Shard of faces not added yet #&#&#&#%)[*]New marks here, there and everywhere and I have explored the empy spaces at map and they are empty really. At least we have hints now where the new WA will be implemented.[/list]

Some info if you still have v1.3
    Delete the map related files at Horizons\resource_Overide if you installed a previous verson or just run the Uninstall that vas provided at earlier version before you install v2.0 or if you havnt add anything by your self to Horizons\resource_overide, then just delete the whole folder.

Delete your UIMapMarker.def or move it from Horizons\prefs\<shard>_<charname> if you no longer need your own markers or just edit that file with a texteditor as I done. If you do this in game, Horizons will write every &#!&#% map marker back in the file again, wich is annoying for me that likes to edit it with texteditor while Im in game.

Whats New?
    As v2.0 has so many changes, well its almost a complete new package, I dont provide any update info except that we have to continue update it as WA isnt implemented at game yet and Im sure we missed some spots as well. It provides golems and plots and plots and golems and some wolfes, trainers, NPC, loads of trees and some golems.

Uninstall info.
    Use the provided Uninstaller to uninstall this package and use the fulls scan at Weblogin to get the original maps back. You need to run this installer efter each patch too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download the Pekka map Pack v2.8 installation from
    ftp://maps:[email protected]/Pekkas_Map_Pack2.exe 6 Mb, Cobals Maps
    http://pekka.1stfistoflight.com/hori...Map_Pack2m.exe8 Mb, Trees old Maps

If you prefer a zipfile only without installation program then dowload it from:
    http://pekka.1stfistoflight.com/hori..._Map_Pack2.zip
    but I recomendate that you use the exe file wich is much easier to use.

Download the v1.3 installation from here if you want to intall and then uninstall to get rid of some old files from resourc_overide folder.
    http://pekka.1stfistoflight.com/hori...s_Map_Pack.exe

I want to thank Grum (Tree at Ice) for his nice maps that is included in this pack and I now have a special package named after him without and placed map markers, for the scouts and explorers that want to do their own packages or just want to add in their own way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download theGrums map Pack v2.4 installation from
    Grums package includes all his maps, 8-bit variants of AE city maps and mine and all other earlier map marker icon makers marker icons.
    No map markers placed in this package as it is your job to do that

Download the Grums Map Pack v2.1 installation from
    http://pekka.1stfistoflight.com/hori..._Map_Pack2.exe

Or the zip if you feel that is safer?

Download the Plain map Pack v2.1 installation from
    For some reason, some (a few only) dont like the original maps better then Grums, you know, the green ones, so I made a small package for those that want to use our icons when marking by them self but keeping all original maps.
    No map markers placed in this package as it is your job to do that

Download the Plain Map Pack v2.1 installation from
    http://pekka.1stfistoflight.com/hori..._Map_Pack2.exe

Or the zip if you feel that is safer?

Download and Install HCC (Horizon Crafter Calculator).
    I tok the liberty of making an installer for Matecuss ******** fine calculator and edited 2 spells in it. Just click or right click this link:
    http://pekka.1stfistoflight.com/horizons/HCC.exe

Emotion Pack Installation.
    I tok the liberty of making an installer for Tzaels emotions. Just click or right click this link:
    http://pekka.1stfistoflight.com/hori...k_Horizons.exe

Ambient Music.
    Download and install Amereliums ******** cool music files that adds another dimension to Hz I think.
    http://www.geocities.com/amerelium/hz.html
    Comments at:
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2184

Screenies from v2.0

If you want to contribute a map marker to me then I prefer you take it out from your Horisons\prefs\<shard>_<charname>UIMap Markers.def file. A row in that file looks like this:

MAP_MARKER
    {
    string Image = "map_marker_utility_stonecutter.png"
    float W = 16
    float H = 16
    string Text = "Stone Cutter"
    float WorldX = 19637.6
    float WorldY = 22090.4
    }

Use the in game map, hit the [star] icon and place the marker direct inside horizons. Go here later and post it here and I changed it with a program I have so it fits the public files better. This is easier for me than just coordinates and a name really and dont forget to add if it is from a city map, Isle map or the big Istaria map that the map marker belongs to.

(They call me Pekka in RL...)
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Default Re: Pekkas Map Pack

Vanaondo (and Pekka, being the player behind Vanaondo), I would like to thank you for the excellent map packs that you have produced, and I sure am glad you found your way here! Looking forward to the next update!
    Norn Deliverance
    Chancelor of KoI (Knights of Istaria) on Chaos
    Spiritist/Healer/Enchanter/Weaver/Carpenter

Of coarse I find my way to the place there all others hang out. *smirks*
    Vanaondo

Tharg

What he said - Thanks for the maps... infinitely usefull =)

J/Tharg!

HELP!!! *grins*
    I need help to create a good marker icon for the Skulks.

Updates v2.2
    [*]2 New isles[*]120 New Map Markers[*]Deleted some old Map Markers[*]hanged some Tiers that was wrong[/list]

*** Big Thanks to Gary from UK who helped me with West Isle (I havnt been there yet myself) ***

Vanaondo

Tnx for the new version .. canĀ“t wait to log into unity and test it out.

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

Thyvm for the update!!
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

Thanks a lot for all the work you are putting in the map pack pekka.

Im one of those guys that prefers to explore for himself so im a big fan of the textured maps of istaria.
    Currently the textured maps use 500x500 pixels per square.
    AE use 512x512 pixels.
    I'd like to have a textured map measuring near 700x700 pixels. It will be a much bigger load for my system mem to handle but thats a dip in performance im willing to take.
    Now making this map is something I'd like to do myself but my copy of the texmapgui.exe got corrupted.

Who still has the the scripts or the executable that extracts textures?

Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Linea

Quote "I'd like to have a textured map measuring near 700x700 pixels. It will be a much bigger load for my system mem to handle but thats a dip in performance im willing to take."

You can't. The game will not support anything (much) larger than 512x512.

In my first attempt at custom maps back in December and January of last year that functionality was not supported and I don't expect it would be now either. I can't remember now if the limit was 512 or 525, or what. I remember trying 1024x1024 and 768x768 I may have even tried 600x600. Finally I just gave up and used the default max I knew would work, which was 512x512. Tree I think uses 500x500, which makes alignment easier.

But Linnea, it seems that Jpegs can be in any size. I started to split my "ugly" west Isle map into 8 png pieces before I gace up and used one single 1000*2000 pixels jpeg and it works perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobal
    Im one of those guys that prefers to explore for himself so im a big fan of the textured maps of istaria.
    Currently the textured maps use 500x500 pixels per square.
    As you see above at the main message, theres a special map package for the explorers and theres 2 different ones for explorers too without a single marker. One with our nice maps 500*500 and one with AEs "ugly" maps 512*512 and there you have 436 different map icons to add to your own map if you dont prefer the white, plain andugly map markers that AE provides.

Uggly and ugly? Yes I think AEs maps are ugly and they made the all over green for one reason I think, to not exploit to much about specifik areas, blighted or unblighted, warm or cold areas as its up to the explorer to find out. The white plain also have a purpose I suppose.Taste is a wide thing and I made a package that I like, stealing parts from Linnea and the other older map makers and putting it all together to a nice, easy install package. Hmmm... It sounds like it was easy done? No.... remaking Linneas package as a ground, add my own markers, remake and recolor some icons or make new ones tok weeeeeeeeeks. *grins*

Linnea putted a list at our old Player Customation forum about all that was involved in the making of all files I tok. Maybe its time to put their names here again as my package was only possible to make by continuing their work.

Vanaondo

Tharg

One question....

i know there is no way to .... make it stop downloading all 20 MB or whatever of maps again on a patch... (it would be TRUELY frustrating if i was on dial up...)

but... what about an uninstaller - that moves whatever maps to a different directory on the install - and then moves them back on an uninstall - so that the game would think... oh... they are already updated - no need to re-download em again.

Seems like this would be pretty easy to script... not that i'm a scripter... just seems like a .... workaround of sorts.

i hate wating for the 20mb even on DSL simply cause i know i shouldn't have to wait for it... hehe.

J/Tharg!

Linea

This has been asked before. It cannot be done with the current technology.

Imagine installing the map pack in january, then uninstalling it in february with several patches in between .... it would just make a real muck of the HZ directories. The only way it would work would be if you manually uninstall before EVERY patch, but oops if you missed an unannounced patch.

As for the patch download size, that could probably be cleaned up some. AE constantly changes the files they download and check, adding some files each patch. The mappack installs all optional files, some of those files are no-longer optional but included by AE. If I have time I will look into what the new fileset is, and see if pekka can clean up or remove some of the other, formally optional, duplicate files. It may be possible to half the download size, maybe, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The truth is, until AE decides to fix the problems associated with customizing things, as listed in other threads, what you get now, really is the best that can be done. According to AE customizing things is working flawlessly and as intended. Which is to say it works flawlessly as intended, just like all the other bugs.

Its a great map pack but it loads very slow can u maybe try to make it some faster plz?

Greetz, Onni
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

Its a great map pack but it loads very slow can u maybe try to make it some faster plz?
    No I cant make it faster but I can make it slower and I will when I add MOOOOORE markers later on. Thats a promiss. *smiles*
    Vanaondo

Linea

I'm taking a vacation from HZ. I may play a little here and there, but don't expect to see me much. My subscriptions are good tillMid-January, I'll decide then If I'll renew it.

I'll keep hosting files as long as it's feasible. I've got 50G/mth to spare and you're only using 15 - 25/mth atm. So unless the game more than doubles subscribers I won't have any difficulty hosting files.

you can always contact me at the following web address if you need me:
    http://www.1stfistoflight.com/html/m...?name=Feedback

I basically feel like I've given enough to this game, including buying multiple long-term subscriptions. It's time for the game to give back if they want my continued support, and they have till Mid-January to do it.

Good Luck to you, and to Horizons. I do hope things work out, but I've lost faith in all game developers right now.

Lin

I've installed the 2.2 map pack, mostly to get a map of Trandalar, But found out the second map image that get's switched to is misaligned somewhat. I think it was shifted to the left ( and maybe up or down some). Can you make it align better?

Guaran

Trandalar? Is that what we call the Northern continent? Well I have remapped it yesterday. I added the markers to it by guesses ad they didnt came to right place really. I added the right markers in game yesterday and will add more tonight.

Linnea. Its a shame that you leave us but I understand your choice. We will maybe all get there ine day and I did for Redmoon and UO earlier and will for Hz as well. I thank you a lot for the space at your server and I hope of course that Im able to use it long time but if you need the bandwith later then I will try to find new space. Good luck with next game but best is if you come back to us next year.
    Vanaondo

I have a simple question, as i do not use the mappack for long:

What happens to the markers i added when the game patches itself? Are they lost or will the patcher only remove the mappack and rewrite it with original files?

In other words - after installing the mappack again, will my own markers still be there?

Hag,
    Yes you will keep any markers you place, even if you reinstall the mappack or a new patch removes the pack.
    AKA Maguai, PogoWolf (Chaos)
    www.PogoWolf.com / www.GamersVue.com
    [/RIGHT]

What happens to the markers i added when the game patches itself? Are they lost or will the patcher only remove the mappack and rewrite it with original files?
    Your personal markers are stored at Horizons\refr and patch dont look at that directory as there is all personal settings.

The markers at the map Pack is stored at Horizons\resources\interface\maps
    Vanaondo

Thread Information