Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pekkas Map Pack

Default Re: Pekkas Map Pack

Western Island (Abanded Islanf) have work fine untill within the last 3 days. I wonder if anyone else get problems with map pack when they enter that Isle?
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Morenth

Hiya Vanaondo,

I haven't any problem with Abandonned Island, but I have a problem with Island of Ice : whn I port to Island of Ice, I see the northern continent map, and not the map of the Island of Ice, north of Morning Light after the Island of Lava (with Fiery Wolves, etc.)

Do you have the same problem ?

(and thaks again for all the work you've done with the map pack [Y])

Silverhawk

is anyone else having a mapping issue with the northern Island?...all the markers seem to be shifter to the rights some and the map itself seems to be off some...I'm not complaining...i'm asking is it something on my system...ie I need to redownload the 2.2pak or it's just a little off.....thanx

...I copied only the northern continent map over to the game folder. I seems to work, but when I'm far north on the main map, like on the ice island, and use the auto-center, the northern continent map are displayed; they seem to be overlapping. Any thoughts on how to fix this..?

I fixed that problem early locally but you had to wait for v2.3 really. *grins*

Updates v2.3

[*]maps from Daj at Unity for Tandalar (Northern Continent)[*]Added all quest monsters for Tandalar + other mosnters there[*]Added Portals for Tandalar[*]Change the Abandoned Isle map resulotion[*]Added the hidden portal at Scorpion Isle North West side[*]Deleted the old WA from Western and East deadlands[*]Added some new WA to Western Deadland[*]Added the Wisps at Wisp Isle[*]Added markeres here, there and some everywhere really.[/list]

DL and install it today.
    Vanaondo

Sir Joh

THANK YOU! I will install right away :))
    but I have a question too. As you have to reinstall the map-pack after every patch...can I do this while ingame and the map-pack will than load by opening the map or do I have to log out off game and than install again?

Its possible to install the map pack while you are ingame Sir Joh, but if I add new icons or new maps, then you cant see them in game, even if you open or close map as all pictures like maps and icons loads only at startup. I havnt tried to do a /loadui after I installed maps that way but maybe it works? Be free to try it. Its best to dont stand in a Lag zone when you do /loadui so be sure you are out at the field or it takes forever to reload UI.
    Vanaondo

akb

Hallo

I'm Daj and just posted in another threadhow i filled the world_cache and made maps from it.

The maps in the Map Pack are much nicer than mine since I only used TexMapGUI to create texturemaps and ignored the heightmaps, but until someone makes such nice maps again for the TWO new western islands and the northern continent, my maps are at least current and exact in contrast to the old beta maps. Thanks for including the NCon part of my maps in the map pack, and I hope to see better maps than mine soon :-)

btw: Van, you colored the grey ocean areas of my maps blue. that looks really nice, but you also colored all black parts blue, and i would have liked all black areas to stay black, to indicate that they are "off the map". For dragons, such info is vital when taking shortcuts and flying straight lines since they won't see where there are "holes in the map" beforeflying longdistance.

I had made and named the maps with the exact system that the big Istaria map uses: Filenames map_1_10_<x>_<y>t.jpg and a size of 2x2 kilometers. Thus it should be possible to do Istaria, Trandalar and the WestIsle (or rather both WestIsles) on a single map and avoid any problems with overlapping maps, switching between maps while walking around on the ice island, or having to set markers twice on both maps. This also would allow for searching for labels on the entire map at once without having to switch between the three maps to do the search three times.

For the WestIsles, it should be possible to simply replace 5 or 6 map segments with new maps to have a usable Istaria map of them (for looking at it while walking around between Kion and Parsinia, or when going to the blighted Island). Of course, all current map markers of the WestIsle would have to be copied from the separate DEF files to the main Istaria DEF files before deleting the WestIsle subdirectory (maybe in the next version of the map pack?).
    If you want to try the new WestIsles map segmentsnow (while they are not yet included in the mappack 2.3), unzip this archive and replace the current files with the new six map segments: WestIsles-TexMap.zip (disclaimer: either make backups yourself or do a full scan and/or a new install of Pekkas Map Packto get rid of these maps again; use at your own risk).
    btw: grey areas are ocean and black areas are "no map" or "edge of the world", and not "missing data". This might be helpful eg when flyingfrom the WestIsle south/southwest to the Peak of Storms orto the Satyr islands.

For the North Continent, the map segments should be mergable with the existing Istaria map too, but with some more work:
    - the North Continent is only around 10x8 kilometers in size, requiring some more "black parts" to its left and right to increase the width and make up a new rectangular Istaria map
    - the southmost part of Trandalar and the northmost part of the current Istaria map have to be cut & pasted together to keep the existing nice maps with heights and have the southern coast of the north continent on the same segments (Van: I already did that and can provide the segments as well as the "black segments")
    - the Istaria map DEF has to be increased from the current 10x10 map segments to 10x13 segments (no big work)
    - and of course the same merge of other marker DEF files as is the case for the WestIsles
    But I think that this merge would be worth it to make use of the entire map easier and get rid of all problems associated with separate NCon and WestIsle maps.

And as soon as there are new "nice maps", they could simply be merged into the current maps too without having to do any additional adjustments to DEF files etc

One more detail about filenames and mapnames:

The personal markers which everybody can add are stored in the prefs settings and get a label there corresponding to the name of the map. Thus all those markers seem to be lost when a map is renamed (eg "Trandalar (Tier III)" instead of "Northern Continent"). If you want to get them back, you can edit those mapnames (lines like "stringMapName = "Abandoned Isle (T II)"")in the file ..../Horizons/prefs/server_char/UIMapMarkers.def

To avoid future problems like that, please rename the maps as rarely as possible, and don't include additional info like tiers in the names.

I think I keep the maps separated really as it increase map speed. I didnt thought about that peaples prrivate map markers got invisible (They are there still, not deleted as i cant do that, but just inviss) when I changed names from Ncon to Tandalar and West Island to Abandoned Island as that is the correctnames of these land masses.

I will take a look at that zip next time I edit the maps, wich I do if we get another server break down or I feel like taking a break from the game one evening.
    Vanaondo

akb

Quote Originally Posted by Vanaondo
    I think I keep the maps separated really as it increase map speed.
    If the speed decrease mostly depends on the number of map markers, maybe the whole Istaria map might be split inparts to increase speed? On the other hand, that would make searching for labels/resources/monsters MUCH more difficult.

But if it depends only on the total size of the maps (10x10=100 segments without Trandalar, 6x5=30 for Trandalar, and10x14=140 combined), this applies only to the North Continent and not the Western Islands which are located inside the range of the normal Istaria map, just a little west of Kion/Parsinia and which would only replace six (Ocean) segmentsand not add additional segments to the current 10x10 segments.

on MY system, Ã? rarely get delays (and if I get them, it's only for fractions of a second)by moving around inone map and new segments being loaded, butI always get frozen for2 to 5+ secondswhen switching maps (swapping a whole set of segments and reloading all markers for it), eg with "auto-center on" on entering/leaving townsor while moving around on Ice Island, as well as when I try to track groupmembers who are not near meon the currently displayed map (either very distant or in towns etc).
    When I tested a merged Istaria/NCon map on MY system, I noticed no significant bigger delay, but a significant speed increase on ice island (otherwise unplayable with "auto-center on")and better ability for a global search for resources.

Just wanted to give some feedback on your very useful maps, pekka.

1.) I have no probs at all, loading / unloading the map when leaving a town f.ex. Only fraction of seconds, maybe due to fast HD.
    2.) Often i have to reload the map, as i wont see any players-icons moving and thus cannot orientate well.
    3.) Some of the Resources have wrong labels. F.ex. some mithril-nodes showing as "Tier VI-Metal", or Glowing wisps showing as "Tier IV-wisps", which is obviously wrong. Not that it matters really, just wanted to tell - incase you have some lonely evening, feeling to correct that. :)

akb

Quote Originally Posted by HAG
    1.) I have no probs at all, loading / unloading the map when leaving a town f.ex. Only fraction of seconds, maybe due to fast HD.
    Loading times for maps are probably connected to loading times for any sectordata, scenery etc in general: the RAM would be most important, and I already got some improvements when I upgraded from 512 MB to 768 MB half a year ago, but I don't want to get a new computer to upgrade to 1, 2 or more GBof RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by HAG
    2.) Often i have to reload the map, as i wont see any players-icons moving and thus cannot orientate well.
    The problem (needing to close and open the map again after new people join a group or others leave the group) seems to be a general problem of the ingame maps. I had these effects also with the original maps and they would happen when the client is not informed by the server that there is some other char to be tracked or that another char no longer can be tracked and thus shouldn't be displayed either.

btw: messages of people going online/offline or joining/leaving groups seemto be buggy/missing at other occasions too, eg when someone leaves game (logoff or con lost) without first leaving the group, i sometimes still see him in the group or at least still see him in the people list, and Ialsosee somepeopleas offline in the people list (including myself :-) while i see them and can talk with them. Not to forget the /who info which often holds people who have long logged off.

Added following to this first message up there as i want to have all nice stuff at the same place:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download and Install HCC (Horizon Crafter Calculator).
    I tok the liberty of making an installer for Matecuss ******** fine calculator and edited 2 spells in it. Just click or right click this link:
    http://pekka.1stfistoflight.com/horizons/HCC.exe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ambient Music.
    Download and install Amereliums ******** cool music files that adds another dimension to Hz I think.
    http://www.geocities.com/amerelium/hz.html
    Comments at:
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2184
    Vanaondo

Yankies. Its time again for...

HELP!!! *grins* I need help to create a good marker icon for the Skulks. Updates v2.4 [*]"Bug-fix" Modem Uses no longer need to DL EA city maps during patch.[*]Added Abonded Isle and the lvl 1-20 Undead Isle west of Parsinia (maps made by Daj from Unity, recolored by Pekka, saved black areas for more exploring)[*]Markers added at Istaria Map from Abonded Isle[*]Makers added to Lvl 1-20[*]Remade the Northern Continent Tandalar: Added back unexplored black areas from request by Daj from Unity.[*]Added some NPC and renamed a Mahagra trainer.[*]Added loads of new markers as Ussual.[/list]There are still areas to explore like all Deadlands, Aughendell mines that have new resources, the area between Selen and Harro that I will do one nice and shiny day. Make complains and other comments at: http://community.istaria.com/Web/Sho...px?PostID=3896
    Vanaondo

Its time again for:

Updates v2.5
    [*]Added the Northern Deadlands at map Tandalar (Should be complete now)[*]Added the Rift at Tandalar[*]Added and edited the resoursers at central Tandalar[*]Added Selen forestAdded information about RED WALLS (Thanks akb (Daj))[*]Edited the Aughendell Mine[*]Added some lost machines and NPC[*]Added Wisp Isle[*]Added location of Fabric Isle[/list]

West Deadlands and East Deadlands are still to be done. Every time I get there, I forgot to edit the maps as those areas sure keeps me and my mates buisy. The whole Western Deadland are filled with lvl 60-80 undead arround the roads, Satyr Isles are filled of lvl 80-100 undead and East Deadland are filled of lvl 100-120 undead. Dont go there alone. *grins*

http://community.istaria.com/Web/Sho...px?PostID=3896

I did some adverting 2 days ago about the new HCC but it dont hurts to do it again really...

Download and Install HCC (Horizon Crafter Calculator).
    I tok the liberty of making an installer for Matecuss ******** fine calculator and edited 2 spells in it. Just click or right click this link:
    http://pekka.1stfistoflight.com/horizons/HCC.exe

Do any comments at this thread: http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=70
    But its also cool if you ceep it too
    Vanaondo

Pekka, you saved my game with your map pack.

The latest AE map work both trashed my FPS and made my client do all sorts of crazy things. A quick d/l of your map pack was the only thing that succeeded in getting me back on track.

So; thank you!
    [G]

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Hey Pekas!

love your mappack verymuch.

just wanted to know
    Is there any way for you to make the players icon the toppest layer?
    there's sometimes that i can find myself or groupmemebers of me on the map because they are beneath another icon

Thanks
    Chaim
    Living at Istaria as
    Chiptus Dalak of Order
    71/95 dragon

aka
    Chaim Dalak of Order
    lvl 100 Paladin+Carpenter

A quick d/l of your map pack was the only thing that succeeded in getting me back on track.
    Sounds cool hasai. Im aware that the new landscape might scare new commers away too as it is hard to find anything without maps. I had a friend from UO that tested UO without telling us at our guild and his comment was:

What a wasteof land. Wherever I go there is waste land.

This isnt true of course as we that have the mappack knows exactly where to go to get right things and find right onsters to kill.

just wanted to know
    Is there any way for you to make the players icon the toppest layer?
    There ios and I will look into this wen I get my comp back from repair.
    Vanaondo

Hey thanks for the maps, I found them very useful. My feedback would be could you decrease the number of resource icons used per field. With even a majority of the filters on, the map can still be cluttered and hard to read.

Thanks,

Rocinante

Kasira

I logged in today patched and the game was fine but removed map pack as usual i am using 2.5 .
    I quit game reinstall map pack and bang i cant logg in just stuck there or i reset and try again and im in the world but nothing seems to see me or want to attack me i am not dead .
    The only thing i have put back was map pack 2.5 so either this is conflicting with the new maps that have been put in patch ?

Any help on this Van i will uninstall the map pack and try if not probs this time

Cheers

Kasira

Thread Information