Thread: Greymane Seekers?

mbaucco

Default Greymane Seekers?

Are they supposed to be so tough? I am a level 12 Scout and a level 10 seeker is doing 3 times as much damage as I am! I hit for about 8 with a fine cedar longbow (1h pierce) and roughly the same with the best slash weapon I can use at my level (fine bronze broadsword). I am wearing a full suit of chain, and they are hitting me for 20 to 30 points of damage.

I realize now that some monsters are more resistant to certain types of damage than others, but the difference between a level 10 seeker and a level 10 sand pygmy or gruok is like night and day.

-Matt

Default Re: Greymane Seekers?

Currently the wolves have a tad more armor than they are supposed to. I believe Amon has them corrected internally after several of us brought it up in IRC, but don't know when the fix is due to move to Live. Something that simple should be hotfixable, along with some other minor stuff like the incorrect trophy drops and crawler spawn rate, but I am not sure of the priority level of fixes like these.

Drev

The armor on the Seekers is the same as that on the Juveniles and Pups. In fact, a Level 10 Juvenile should be exactly the same difficulty as a Level 10 Seeker with one minor exception: Seekers will provide assistance to other Greymanes when called for.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

My 16 warrior was slashing them up without too much problem.

Bows do peirce damage perhaps wolfs are resistant?
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

mbaucco

My bow is pierce and my sowrd is slash. I have the best weapons I can use for my level, they even have T1 techs. I was forced to flee a level 9 Seeker (I am level 12) after using all my special abilities, including sslik regen, as it was hitting me for 22 and I was hitting for 8 or so, regardless of the weapon used. I'm sorry to argue, but something is definitely wrong.

I can kill other level 9s without too much problem, which is as it should be as I am 3 levels higher. I can kill most level 10s and usually finish with half health, and anything higher is extremely dicey. The seekers tear me apart without any trouble at all.

I use long shot, then pinion, then run away until power shot is available, then get in as many shots as I can until they get into melee range. I am wearing a full suit of chain (best armor for my lvl AFAIK) and a medium shield with the block 1 tech.

-Matt

If I'm remembering correctly, wolves have a fairly high dexterity. Some of your problems maybe linked to that. If you're launching specials and they're dodging, it won't matter if you're 3 levels higher or not.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

mbaucco

Nope, I was hitting just fine, just wasn't doing hardly any damage.

-Matt

The biggest problem is that most, well all, mobs seem to be written with a PC that can wear full plate mail and have the attack skills of a warrior... if you were a lvl 12 warrior you would probably have no real issues with killing that mob, but seeing as you are not. You are taking more damage because you cant use bronze plate... you are doing less damage, because you are not using the weapon that would kill a seeker in a resonable amount of time. You probably are also trying to just stand there and fight it, which scouts were meant to stay at a distance to their enemy. The biggest thing is, if you never get hit by the seeker.. then ya won't die. Just dont stay in one place... move like scouts are supposed to... Too bad you have to actually stop to shoot with a bow...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

mbaucco

I actually don't try and tank the mob, here is a quote from one of my earlier posts:

I use long shot, then pinion, then run away until power shot is available, then get in as many shots as I can until they get into melee range. I am wearing a full suit of chain (best armor for my lvl AFAIK) and a medium shield with the block 1 tech.

Judging from the amount of damage they do it seems like they do balance vs. bronze plate and maybe having healing abilities too.

-Matt

About a week after a new patch rolls live the horizons.gamersinfo.net site gets updates with the latest monster stats. One the greymanes show up there you should be able to see and compare their stats to other monsters of about the same level, as well as see any resistances they might have.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Thread Information