Thread: new Dragon to the world.

Vertigo916

Default new Dragon to the world.

Ok I JUST finished Dling this game last night. decided to try it after my guild in World of warcraft just disbanded. now there are a few things i would like to know since i cant find any good resouce sites <like allakazham or thottbot.com>

1. Can dragons build their own lairs?

2. Can dragons make jewlry bipedals can wear?

3. Have they ever fixed the hord decay problem i heard some people complaning about when this game first came out.

Vertigo916

Default Re: new Dragon to the world.

4. Can someone recomend a good resouce site?

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo916
    Ok I JUST finished Dling this game last night. decided to try it after my guild in World of warcraft just disbanded. now there are a few things i would like to know since i cant find any good resouce sites <like allakazham or thottbot.com>

1. Can dragons build their own lairs?
    Not yet. There are 2 or 3 lairs "built" using the new lair system in the games by Devs for NPCs. But no word uet on when lairs will be ready for general release.

2. Can dragons make jewlry bipedals can wear?
    Nope. Dragons make nothing that Bipeds can use beyound bricks, bars and orbs, to say help build a biped build a comunity project or a biped plot.

3. Have they ever fixed the hord decay problem i heard some people complaning about when this game first came out.
    Yes Hoard no long decays on it's own. You have 3 hoard abilities that use hoard points. Silver Strike, Gold Rage and Gold shield. There are also hoard drops around to help with hoard.

The best resourse site is the dragon section here that this will shortly be moved too.

Vertigo916

Cool thanks for all the info. so far im a 2 dadv 2 dcraft.

ok now that hord no longer decays does it still give you +'s for having more of it? I believe back in release when hord had decay you got +'s to stats and what not for having large amounts of it.

Also are age catagorys now based on hord size or lvl? I know there is a quest involved just dont know any thing beyond that.

It was +4 Armour +1 damage for breath weapon. I want to say they uped it to +6 armour now. I am pretty sure it was the hoard and not the adventure level armour gain the raised.

To start the ROP is 30 Adv 20 Craft 250k Hoard.

They also gave all scales some armour factor, Our base breath weapon is on a 30 sec timer now also.

Vertigo916

Ok basicly what im wanting to be shure of is that i should dump stuff into my hord before im ready to try and do the rop. right now i have a whole 600 in my hord (^_^) And i have a friend that just started playing a monk <also brand new to the game> was going to have him save me junk to throw in my hord. And thats cool that they have abilitys that use hord. I guess thats one way to put a material component on a spell.

Now if they would just get lairs in i probably would stay past the 7 days :)

Actually, hoard bonus is still +4 armor per level. They upped dragon's innate armor, so it gives +6 per level. The other armor change Vertigo might be interested in hearing is, all scales now give you armor bonus too. It is +5 per tier of scale (so if you are using armor scales, this give quite good combined protection).

Hoarding has changed multiple times since release. The one change you've probably noticed by now is that you can't hoard everything any longer. Only finished products (scales, weapons, pieces of armor, tools, jewelry, spells and so on) can be hoarded. Gems, bricks, bars, spools, spell shards etc can no longer be hoarded. Hoard drops are plentiful enough though, you shouldn't need to craft to keep up with your hoard-burning abilities.

Once lairs finally make it live, I'm afraid you'll be facing some intense competition. It's a given there won't be enough lair plots for every dragon, and since they'll be auctioned only those with big wads of cash will be able to get one.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Vertigo916

yea thats to be expected. <the acution part> I was just wondering was all.

Thanks Varangaard I thought I was wrong but was not sure. Kept waffling back and fouth finaly went with my first thought on it. /8->

Quote Originally Posted by Deth

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Vertigo916 wrote: 2. Can dragons make jewlry bipedals can wear?
    Nope. Dragons make nothing that Bipeds can use beyound bricks, bars and orbs, to say help build a biped build a comunity project or a biped plot.
    This is incorrect.

Dragon crafters have the ability to be spellcrafters for any race/class that uses player crafted spells.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

As you may know, lairs are indeed coming. They are being tested internally, and should be available about the time you level enough to buy and build one.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Also, note that the requirements stated for beginning the RoP (the quest that lets you evolve to Adult) are just that: requirements for starting the RoP. I do not believe you can actually finish it with those stats. The level you will need to be (to finish) in both Adventure and Crafting will depend greatly upon your equipment and the amount of help you have. It is definitely solo'able, if you are high enough level, but that will be considerably higher than the starting requirements.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Lairs are getting closer. Actually being able to see them ingame is a big step and it's worth taking a look just because they are pretty cool. If you are lvl 2 now you have a ways to go before you will be capable of laircrafting with any skill. There's also a ton of trouble for young dragons to get into without being too concerned about lairs so I wouldn't let that sway your decision on whether to stay after the 7 day trial.

Thread Information