Thread: Building won't fit on a plot?

Default Building won't fit on a plot?

Is it a "known issue" that if a building's footprint is the same as the plot size, you're not allowed to place it? Here's my example:

Last night, I rejoiced in finding and buying a 50x50 Residential plot. Good times. So, I tried to place a Tier 4 Guildhouse on the plot, only to be denied. I looked up the size of the guildhouse, and sure enough, it's 50x50. It should fit snugly on the plot, right? It certainly seems odd to me that I should be allowed to select a building from the menu that won't fit on the plot, given that on my old smaller plot many larger buildings were unavailable because of their size. Has this happened to other people, and if it is a known bug any idea on when it might be fixed? (a guy can hope...)
    kitty: 48 Mage 22 Healer + others
    80 MIN 65 GTH 69 TNK 70 MSN 55 SPL
    41 BLK 41 SCH 47 CRP 38 JWL + others
    dragon: 91 adv, 100 craft, 22 lair
    elf: 49 ELAR, 31 Healer, 51 Fitter + others

Default Re: Building won't fit on a plot?

Yes, this is a known issue. The footprint needs to be re-exported. There is no ETA on a fix.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Building won't fit on a plot?

Is this footprint thing related to not being able to get trees to go to the edge of the plot - even though the footprint shows that there's room?

Thread Information