Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accept Paypal payments. Make time cards.

Default Accept Paypal payments. Make time cards.

I mentioned this in irc chat but just so it does not get lost: it would be really helpful to some players if they could subscribe to the game without using a credit card. The more variety, the better.

Basic suggestions: enable Paypal payment of subscription.
    (1) one way is the way EA does it: people use Paypal to send one month payment to an email address at EA. Someone at EA reads the emails and replies with a game key code that is entered to restart subscription.
    (2) Paypal also allows monthly subscription costs to be deducted automatically; read about it here.

Allow game time cards. These are basically cards with game time keys on them that people can enter at the login screen to keep their subscription going. You couldshipboxed time cards to stores to get product visability. You could also tie it to the reseller's program so that people could buy and resell the time cards on ebay. Again, advantage would be another venue for product visibility.

Default Re: Accept Paypal payments. Make time cards.

shameless bump.

really! I want to buy another subscription but I can't because I don't have a credit card and it's Sunday so I can't go out and buy a prepaid visa card!!!!

Someday, arse; someday.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Gets my support.

[6]

Please! Paypal. Can't even get pre-paid creditcards in my country!

nifeup2urthroat

Yes they really need game cards for the children! Its not easy for kids (me) to get their parents credit card. I have enough money to go out and buy a game card tho. a few of them too. so yea. somebody needs to make these happen

Another option maybe would be Firstgate. It is a company in switzerland and market leader in europe, around 5 million customers so far and they are very reliable plus offer all kinds of currencies etc.
    http://firstgate.com/EU/en/anbieter/leistungen.html.
    The system is very safe for customer too as you kind of open an account at their page where you allow them to get a certain amount of money from your bank account. That needs a special permission by you. After that you can use your account like a virtual debit card for all the companys processing their billing by Firstgate.
    I'm using it since some time now and am very satisfied as nobody gets any data from me and my normal bank account is safe, companies can only take what is at the Firstgate Account.
    And since they were originally established Micropayment but offer subscription modells etc. too maybe they are cheap too?
    ITunes, British Telecom and some spanish online game provider use them too for example.

Horizons Empire

MansonNails

Agreed. Just by having more payment options they'd see a big increase in new accounts, which means more revenue.

There's no debating this idea... so what's taking so long?...

not to mention the new advertising a gametime card would be on a store shelf :)
    could even make em collectable, wiv new graphics on em each 6 months or whatever.

Sianan + Pooki + Lotus Blossom

In Holland people who have the Rabobank as their bank and who do their banking on the internet can pay their suscribtion directly and instantly without use of credit card...

I am spoiled with the fact that I can do this, but I personally think that the use of credit cards and such on the internet is old fashioned...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I wouln't go with Paypal, they tend to want too much money themselves.

http://www.paybycash.com is used by several other MMO's to accept non-credit card payments for players. Dark Age of Camelot, Runescape, Ragnarok Online, and Eve Online use this service.

I'm sure players that want to use alternative payment methods would gladly pay an extra buck or two to cover the cost of overhead with a service like this.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

I missed this the first time around, but it sounds great, especiallyadding both cards and a payment service. The shelf presence of the cards sounds as if it might really help.

Since this would bring in more kids and perhaps MMO first-timers who want to limit their exposure, it would up the priority of polishing the dragon tutorial and adding or improving the biped tutorial.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Sir Markus

the Game card is the one thign that is keeping WoW alive here in europe. and the fact thats its the only good mmorpg that has a gamecard you can buy here.

played Horizons for a larger part of the closed beta and i asked for other ways of payment back then. guess thats why the Communitie never grew that big

@ dragonboy:
    wat voor nummer voer je in dan? want bij mij vraagt hij telken om een creditcard nummer als ik horizons wil downloaden om te instaleren

Sir Markus

lol just saw that this topic is very old. but still the demand for another payment methode remains

lanmalkier

Don't let this thread die out. I too am very upset about having to buy a pre paid credit card to play this game. I don't want a monthly credit card of my own, I don't want to be indebt to a credit company, I don't want to muck up my credit history... I will never own a credit card. Give the customers an alternative. There are many electronic agencies available cross the globe that are very willing to handel this kind of traffic and purchasing power. Let them do it. Give the customers the freedom to play without being persecuted for not having a credit card.

Since when does owning a credit card actually screw up your credit history? Only if you are an idiot and just max it out and not pay it would that happen. They are free, and used properly improve your credit rating.

I think he's playing it safe rather than sorry. Frankly, I don't think that's such a bad idea. I'll never own a credit card - a debit card maybe, but not a credit card.

Another thing for TG to bear in mind. If they take over Unity, there are quite a couple of players who've taken advantage of GN's other payment options. Most of those don't or can't have credit cards. Tulga will have to accomodate them somehow if they plan to take over the shard, either that or lose them as customers.

Sir Markus

just a question but at what age are you even able to get a CC over there? 12?
    cause most gamers are of age 12 till 18.

On Unity? I think not. Almost all the people I know on Unity are 21 or older.

But parents can still make payments into accounts that their children play, so if we were looking at a different age group, that wouldn't be a problem either.

Thread Information