Thread: Desert's Edge Mall

Default Desert's Edge Mall

The mall in Desert's Edge was a great idea - while Nimh was around to stock it. There has been no traffic to the mall the last several weeks. If someone in the community (Chaos) would like to buy this property at it's imperial price and keep it going as a community resource, please, now is the time to speak up. I will check back to these messages again before this evening, but I am planning a radical make-over that will leave probably only one of the consignment shops. I am sad to do this, but without traffic to the mall - it serves no purpose.

Are there any thoughts from the community on this?

Just as FYI, the community items that would be on the new plot structure are likely either one dwarven consigner or one saris general store, a beginner clothworking shop and a beginner leatherworking shop.

Default Re: Desert's Edge Mall

Thanks for posting this Alladania. I suppose I should have since one of my chars currently owns it (though it is going to change hands shortly). I personally do not have the time, energy, nor the advent lvls to keep the mall stocked with the goods that it once held. In addition, I feel my ownership of that plot does not help that community, as I rarely frequent it. Honestly... I don't know how I've held it fer the last month or so without doing any real revisions to it. It seems that every time I travel there, no new things have been placed to look at or through. Im sorta sorry to see it go, but figuring as it may perhaps be for the best, especially if no one is going to use it for its intended purpose.

Anyway... good luck with the remodeling, or perhaps reselling the place after its turned over to you tonight.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

I wouldn't give up on it yet. I was planning to start stocking it with forms and techs as soon as Nim PM's me with some suggested pricing. I've just been muling them till now, never really did much auctioning, so the pricing I want to sort out before I start loading it up.

I've thought about stocking it with spells, ambrosia, jewelry, weapons, armor - etc. My concern is how to get people to actually go shopping there again.

Do you think you'd be interested in owning a shopping mall, Guaran?

Alladania, I am very interested. I loved that mall. I visited it and stocked whenever I could. And my purpose and what I enjoy is to hunt and loot comps. So I would trully love to give it a try. However it would really depend on price. I am not rich.

If you would like someone to own it that trully cares I am your lady.

Jayne

Good evening all. Lumberjack purchased the mall, intact, earlier this evening. As I understand it he intends to keep it as a mall. I will do my part to help stock it if people will visit it again. [:)]

Goodluck Lumberjack! I would have loved to continue its existance. I went buy there to check price, who got rid of the fountain and stuff? Sad, I would have kept it as it was.

Jayne

baldarou

Does listing items on the consigners take away fromt the total amount of items you can consign on imperial consigners?

Altair

Nope

Alt
    EoI

I made no changes before I handed it over. Sorry to hear the fountain is gone. I'll have to run by and have a look today.

Consigned at the mall today:

Ambrosia VII
    food through t4
    candy apples
    pumpkin pies
    spun sugar
    one set of t1 dragon spells
    one set of t2 gifts spells
    t2 swift feet
    t2 revitalize, imp. revitalize, group heal

So was the fountain and such gone when you went?

Yes, the patio and fountain were gone, but at least the shops and trees were still there.

Alla, Sent you a PM. Well im trying to but its not working, ill keep trying

Jayne

Ok Alladania, now you have a PM, LOL

Jayne

Ooh. My first and only PM. Check PM for reply. [:)]

While I haven't stopped by to visit, I do see regular tells listing items being consigned there. I imagine it's getting quite well stocked.

Great work in keeping this alive. The new owner is running it well!
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Well I heard the Mall got tore down! I sure wish I had the opportunity to take itover like the owner since Nim. I asked Lumber if he changed his plans or things didnt work out, to let me know and I would like buy it so it could live on. Originally I was minutes from being the one that would have bought this plot. Unfortunetly no one even asked me. I also had to hear about this from Nim himself! At the least, whomever last owned it could have asked Nim if he wanted it back.

I know people can do as they choose with there plots, but I hope in the future that any other plot with some history and countless days spent on it happens to be transfered to YOU, that you at least see if anyone else might want to continue its existance. Especially if someone had shown you an interest in the past.

A trully sad day indeed.

Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    Well I heard the Mall got tore down!
    I was there only a few days ago it was still standing with items for sale.

I was out there today. I saw one dwarven consigner still standing. I didn't go down to see if it was still public.

Thread Information