Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So you want to fix the economy? Here are my suggestions...

Default Re: So you want to fix the economy? Here are my suggestions...

Thank you for restating that PJ. [:)]

Refuse, I, and almost everyone else proposed limiting the PB, not removing them. It's too hard for the new player to make money as it is, and the PB provide a fine service to them. We have all hashed this out before, but I will restate the issue one more time...

The unlimited funds from the PB, make the economy unworkable. We need some form of consumption to offset the unlimited wealth entering the ecomony through the PB.

Perhaps item decay won't every be implemented, but SOME form of consumption needs to be implemented to encourage player to player interaction, and make crafting and adventuring mean something. And since we really can't get the big events like before, then other things need to be tried.

Many of the complainers have actually left the game and no longer play, because of no economy, because of no reason to craft, because nothing to do but get one more level in something or other.

I fully believe that those in favor of change, want those problems reversed, and are willing to work with what TG does, in the hopes of seeing things improve. I mean, we are still playing no?
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

(Post of mine copied from another thread, seems relevant here)

This whole discussion about "economy"

Why are we having it?

What exactly are you trying to "fix"?

We have an economy. Mostly it's a guild economy. Trading and bartering. Money doesn't necessarily have to always be trading hands for there to be an economy.

How will anything discussed here make my play time more fun or enjoyable. How will it help the new players? What's the point?

Everyone thinks they know how to fix something, that I can't see is really broken.(The economy)You want to start placing LIMITS on players, well you'd have to start by limiting crafting to 1 school per player. That would "force" players to deal with others unless you were in a huge guild.

I just don't see the (point of these changes), so someone explain it to me.

Because it's a part of the over all systemic problems that folks are concerned about.

Perhaps it does not affect you, perhaps money, needing other players, other players needing you, a true purpose and reason to play other than to level means little to you personally.

The biggest reason I'm discussing the "economy" is because it affects every player in the game, whether they realize it or not. There are many players that are to new to see much of a problem. There are players that don't feel a need to interact because they can just make boat loads of cash off the PB. There are also players that feel the system is totally broken, and must be fixed. Some feel the drops rates on certain comps are much too low. Some feel the Vielo have outlived their intended purpose and need to be removed. Some feel the PBs need to be limited so that they cannot be farmed for cash.

Many feel that all these things taken together illustrate how we need more than band-aid fixes to improve the quality of game play and make the game more enjoyable. How enjoyable is it for the newer players that cannot make multi-golds from the PB, to see a level 35 "rare" weapon auction for a gold? How much fun is it to know that many players will not wait for you to finish hunting for those comps, because they can just go buy them from the Vielo? How much fun is it knowing that you cannot ask what those t3 comps are worth, because there is no demand due to lack of players in that tier?

The gap between the "elder" players and new players is very wide. More players will help to close that gap, and making sure the newer players that start to play enjoy their stay long enough to become "elder" players will help too. This won't happen if control is left in the hands of NPC's or just the high end players. If it's too hard to compete, the newer player will get discouraged, and move elsewhere. Those here will continue along as they are now, and soon it will all grind to a halt. I sure don't want to see that, and I'm betting you don't either.

Perhaps you feel I and others are being to negative. I can see why you would. I still play everyday. I still try to be positive to any I meet ingame, and help them to adjust. But I'm also trying to be a realist and discuss and suggest ways to make it better.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

So now that you are at the top of the profession list, you want to make it nearly imposible for new players to get to that level ? Many are already rich, so lets make is so new players cant get rich ?

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

I've always believed that things will sort themselves out if we had a larger population.

The pb limiting. how many people can stand constant farming for the pb? 2 weels of it and I was so bored I would have rather quitted playing that farm it any longer. Farming pb for cash is so utterly devoid of fun (like old style hoard building). My comps I mostly hunted for. (Where's the economy in that?)

On chaos there's been a new rash of activity at the Desert's edge mall. People are placing comps for sale on various connies. And I still charge for my services. That's my way of "forcing" a small bit of economy on the community. The rest of these suggestions like remove the Vielo do no good until mobs drop all needed tech comps. Both t4 and t5 have a fewmissing monsters.

My recommendation to new players, if they run into troubles finding things they need, is to join a guild. That plugs them into an economy, and probably aids and enhances their play experience in other ways as well.

Indyman, let me repost from the first one in the thread...

1. Add any missing comps to the game and increase the drop rate on hard to get ones like Zombie Ogre Toes.
    2. Remove the Vielo including Nadia. Move all forms and techs to the trainers.
    3. Have all weapons, tools, and armor eventually need repair, without affecting it's teching.
    4. Make it impossible to farm the PB for unlimited cash. Simply put a cap on what you can make per day on the PB, regardless of what you sell or your level.

The idea is to level the playing field to make it better for those wanting to reach the top of their professions and make it possible for them to have customers and a working economy to be a part of. All these idea would have to be done carefully and in the proper order.

Guaran, re-read this list. All comps must be ingame first before these things would work as suggested, so realize that I'm not wanting things to be more boring, I'm wishing for more player to player interactions, and the Vielo surely DON'T encourage that. Limiting the PB spreads the sources of income into the system more uniformly and gives greater opportunities to the newer and up and coming crafters. And even though you find it boring, many others don't. Some of the prices we have seen, admittedly preclude lower players from participating. Players as they reach the higher levels in either adv or craft, stop needing anyone else. The Vielo, PB, lack of consistant consumption, and missing comps all add to the overall problem and need to be addressed.

Well this has been discussed so much. I to am wondering if our economy is as bad as we think. I also think it would improve if we had more players. There are more players signing on everyday which is great!, but we need more to really see a change.

And as far as comps. The ones we say are rare are ones that there are less out there at a given time. If you go to elnath you will see zombies here and there, you definetly can't farm them and you have to be very careful pulling them. I think this is what makes them rare. Personally from what I've seen the taratulas out there drop no better its just that there are alot more of them to kill in a given place.

I know someone that has more then 400 zombie ogre toes. And I have a success rate of about 75% so far getting a comp.

Jayne

Thread Information