Thread: Are small plots worth it?

Drezzdin

Default Are small plots worth it?

I have beem playing a little over a week and have saved up about 44 sp. I read here that some plots are only 40-60 sp for small ones. Can you still build tier 2 homes on it? I am not real clear on the abilities of a house..ie can you store more itmes there like a vault? I have thought about buying a small one just to feel more patr of the commuinty a place to hang your hat at the end of the day. Thanks for any advice you can give..also where are some small plots availbale that are still near Telporters ..dont want to isolate my self[:)]

Drezzdyn

Default Re: Are small plots worth it?

I bought a small 23*24 plot in morning light for about 60s...
    I dont recall being able to build any T2 buildings...
    My small dwarven house requires both T1 andT2 construction components, but not sure if it is a real T2 building...

Indeed in a house you can store stuff like in a vault...
    Although you can only acces it at your plot...

And if it is worth it...
    That is up to you...
    In my experience a small plot is just as good as any if you want to level your craft schools to build the construction components.

But if you really want to build a home for yourself its up to you if you like it or not...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Drezzdin

Thank You Dragonboy for the info...I am a plot owner today[:)]

DocMoriarty

If i'd be you i would have bought at least a plot the size of a T2 guildhouse. Normal houses have a ridiculous itemlimit compared to guildhouses. And guildhouses still have a ridiculous itemlimit for a guild but somewhat ok for an individual.

Just think about the fact that one set of armor alone has 12 items and one set of jewelry has 7 items. And if you are crafter, you have crafter armor, crafter jewelry. I have alone 30+ jewelry items for my crafts and currently around 15 for adv classes, not to mention next size armors for when i level up and weapons and tools and and ... Did someone say resources ? Tech resources anyone ?

Small plots 22x22 don't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMoriarty
    If i'd be you i would have bought at least a plot the size of a T2 guildhouse. Normal houses have a ridiculous itemlimit compared to guildhouses. And guildhouses still have a ridiculous itemlimit for a guild but somewhat ok for an individual.

Just think about the fact that one set of armor alone has 12 items and one set of jewelry has 7 items. And if you are crafter, you have crafter armor, crafter jewelry. I have alone 30+ jewelry items for my crafts and currently around 15 for adv classes, not to mention next size armors for when i level up and weapons and tools and and ... Did someone say resources ? Tech resources anyone ?

Small plots 22x22 don't make sense to me.
    I partially agree with you DocMoriarty...
    But larger sized plots are usually also a lot more expensive and I always considered my plot to be small, but it is a good training ground for the future...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I have made my stand on those 20/30x 20/30 plots ... with the size of the structure the dev have choosen, get rid of them by combinning the nearest two. Anyway with the player base, that would not create a shortage of plot. If the two plot are occupied, offer the owner a token to apply to any small combined plot.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

imported_kylara

I agree. You walk thru Morning Light and there's TONS of itty bitty plots side by side. If they would just combine them, they'd be more apt to get bought. There isn't much point to a little 22x22 plot, you can't fit much on them. With housing being so limited (no furniture, little storage), little houses aren't worth much unless you can put multiples on the plot. With Novians implemented, getting people to move so plots can be combined would be easier. Let's hope they at least combine the empty plots all over the world.

As an alternative, perhaps a system could be implemented where the owner of two (or more) adjoining plots could, for an Imperial fee, choose to combine all of his adjoining plots into one larger plot. This would have the added benefit of providing another gold sink (the fee to the Empire to combine the plots) to remove more coin from circulation.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Thread Information