Thread: Consigner specialization

Default Consigner specialization

The recent consigner changes, allowing us 150 consigned items spread as we like over all the static consigners, is definitely a good thing. One predictable result is that (on Order, at least) quite a high percentage of the goods are now sold only on the Aughundell or New Brommel consigners. While one-stop shopping is great, it's a minor annoyance that every time I want to purchase something, even if I know exactly what I want, I have to wait for all 800+ items to load. This is not a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Therefore, the following is based on these two points:

Knowing where to find goods = Good
    All goods in one place = Bad

My proposal: let the consigners in each racial city give a consigner fee discount (and an appreciable one, like at least cut in half) for a certain category of item. In Aughundell, maybe the reduced fee will be for armor. In Dralk, for dragon scales. In Dalimond, formulae. This would encourage (but NOT force)the spreading of goods out between different consigners in a predictable manner.

I would probably not include the newbie islands in this program, although if it can be coded, a discount on fees for any T1/Beginner items would be a good idea.

Submitted for comments...

Kael Morbane

Default Re: Consigner specialization

Interesting idea....it could promote laziness, but like any of us really want to work hard at everything anyway, but alas I degress, instead of discounts based just on what the item type is, but also include tier....(shopping in chiconis, you get discounts due to availability to dragon scales, T2 armor and weapons, shopping in Aughundel, T3 (I believe) AND T5 (if I remember correctly, mithral isn't THAT far away) armor and weapontry, Shopping in Kion, T1...All Base type items as is Kion and Ssilanis are close to all types of raw material and all craft school use them, but only Tier I) etc etc, see my point? OR instead of where you are buying the item from, have discounts based on the crafters hometown, Kithantryx's hometown is Dralk, Ein Morbane's hometown say...Tazoon or Dalimond, if I crafting T1, T2, T3, T4, AND T5 Armor sets and sold them in Dalimond, I get a discount connie fee and people who buy my equipment can get a discount from my fee for simply due to my items I supply to Dalimond isn't in demand as they would be in a town like...say Kirasanct? or even better instead of discounts from there, they pay for "shipping and handling" to those who buy from a town NOT Dalimond. Iono, thats my suggestion and I'm sticking to it. :P

I think the tier- and hometown-based reductions might be a bit too much. As I mentioned, the idea here was to encourage the spreading out the goods while still allowing people to have a good idea where to find what they're looking for. Since someone could put *any* goods up for sale in their 'hometown', the distribution will remail pretty random. Also, in the end I would guess a lot of people would just choose Aughundell as their hometown since it doesn't have any other significance (beyond RP), and things would remain the same as they are now. Unless of course you're talking about forcing hometown based on race...

Thanks for the ideas, though. Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "it could promote laziness"?

Kael Morbane

I mean hometown by race...if a crafter sells his goods at him hometown connie, he shouldn't have to pay the 10% fee. However, anywhere else, he has to pay the NPC price, and I mean have all the good available from any connie, this is fantasy, so have all connie have access to all items on all connies available, what I meant is, someone pays a price for the goods flat if bought in the town its been put on, like it is now, however, I'm suggesting that you can ALSO buy items that were put on connies in other towns, but you pay a 10% fee for "shipping and handling" As a young 20 and below charecter, its obvious since travel is free for them from the newb towns, its best to find where that item is listed at. (Aughundel, etc) and go there and buy it personally, it promotes travel for the new guys to other towns, and exploration, hate hearing level 12's saying they have yet to leave the newby islands. Anyway, while high levels, who's been everywhere, the fee for travel is probably higher then the 10% fee (or we can make it a solid fee at like 25c an item or 50c or 100c, whatever) that they just buy the item from that connie and pay the fee. Iono, I think it was a great idea. =)

I tend to agree to the fact that mixing the Tiers would be too much at this time, and probably confusing. The idea to specialize each town with what ever racial ability the race represent is a good idea and I support it greatly.

The idea to isolate the started town is good. Their is three things we may want to consider in the case of started town & T1 items:
    - That it does not count in the 150 items listed trough the world.
    - Only T1/T2 crafter sreally get the big discount to encourage them to make and resale
    - T1 items to be sold in starter town only, or an extra fee be requested from non starter town connies.

But this means some race don't have starter town, and some type trade was not been identify by racial when starter town where initially built... what then:
    >> Have other race open specialized connies in settlements.

A good examples is components. Can you give me a race that are known to be real good gatherer. Gnomes, not really they more on the nick nacks and recuperating for recycling and creating items. But dryads, they have nothing. They currently have worked with the Ancients to help the land regrowth in the Parsinia area. I could see a Dryad, opening a shop on the hill above Parsinia.

Which this bring another subject .. "not enough racial difference to mark benifit's".
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalrach
    - Only T1/T2 crafter sreally get the big discount to encourage them to make and resale
    While I agree with the sentiment to encourage the lower-level players to sell to each other, this got me thinking. Any discount based on an aspect of the seller (including level, race, etc.)rather than the goodsleaves open a potential loophole: someone who wants to flood the market in various categories need only make alts of different races/levels to filter their main character's goods through to get the discounts.

Therefore, I would still contend that the discount be based on the goods being sold, and not the character doing the selling. Great ideas, though. Keep 'em coming. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kael Morbane
    I mean hometown by race...if a crafter sells his goods at him hometown connie, he shouldn't have to pay the 10% fee. However, anywhere else, he has to pay the NPC price, and I mean have all the good available from any connie, this is fantasy, so have all connie have access to all items on all connies available, what I meant is, someone pays a price for the goods flat if bought in the town its been put on, like it is now, however, I'm suggesting that you can ALSO buy items that were put on connies in other towns, but you pay a 10% fee for "shipping and handling" As a young 20 and below charecter, its obvious since travel is free for them from the newb towns, its best to find where that item is listed at. (Aughundel, etc) and go there and buy it personally, it promotes travel for the new guys to other towns, and exploration, hate hearing level 12's saying they have yet to leave the newby islands. Anyway, while high levels, who's been everywhere, the fee for travel is probably higher then the 10% fee (or we can make it a solid fee at like 25c an item or 50c or 100c, whatever) that they just buy the item from that connie and pay the fee. Iono, I think it was a great idea. =)
    The only problem with Racial discount, is the races without a town. :(
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

Kael Morbane

thats a good point, forgot Dryads and Satyrs didn't have a home town...like I said, I could work out a balanced system...(why the hell do they not have a racial town? I know we unlocked but ********...its been over a year, GET ON WITH BUILDING A CITY FOR THEM INSTEAD OF MAKING ME THINK! =) ))

Still, a racial bonus will spread things out more or less randomly, which by the goals I'm trying to accomplish would actually make things worse. One of those cases where what makes sense isn't necessarily what's useful, I'm afraid.

Does anyone else even feel that a change would be a good thing, or am I the only one who feels a pang of dread when I have to load up the Aug connie trade? Could be I'm just making a fuss over nothing...

Thread Information