Thread: Full Log of 06-30-2005 Meeting

Default Full Log of 06-30-2005 Meeting

Well, Pharcellus wants the whole thing, here it is, for what it's worth. I do think my excerpt contained everything of substance, but I'm not going to censor it. Just please no one yell at the people who quarrelled at the meeting's start, or asked for help that wasn't pertinent to the meeting, or bantered without constructive input, ok?
    ---------------------------------
    [Community: Razzpurr] hi all...cou8ld someone assist me in a quest pls?
    [Community: Awdz] hatred of nadia grew because she was the only source for some comps, and those who could not afford them could not hunt what they wanted
    [Community: Kwinn] if you cant hunt em get em from someone who can, or hunt what you can and trade
    [Community: Awdz] what quest razzpurr?
    [Community: Nefrett] then the arguement should be availability of comps
    [Community: Razzpurr] I am looking for the Scholar of the age of the sorceror in Tazoon
    [Community: Nefrett] i prefer to go to nadia pay so much gold and poof im done
    [Community: Awdz] i like to hunt with my friends... but grouping with those not my level is impossible now :-(
    [Community: Awdz] razzpurr i don't know where that one is...
    [Community: Kwinn] and thats why there is no economy, that and low player base, little player interaction, and pretty much everyone out for themselves
    [Community: Nefrett] what does nadia have to do with economy
    [Community: Plink] Kwinn....
    [Community: Razzpurr] hmm okies...suppose to be in the mage tower here in Tazoon..unfortunately I cant find that either LOL
    [Community: Nefrett] can make 2 gold in a day grinding pawn broker runs
    [Community: Plink] These community meetings are meant to be constructive things where we find ways solve problems together.
    [Community: Kwinn] Plink, the meeting hasnt started so dont even tell me to shut up
    [Community: Grummel] Nothing like crashing
    [Community: Swythe] there is no player ecomony... really there need to be no economy, just as long as we're having fun :P
    [Community: Tympest] Razzpurr, I think the building you're looking for is east of the portal
    [Community: Nefrett] you can get every crafted item free now with exception of construction
    [Community: Plink] You were not at the other meetings, so you don't know what efforts have been made, you haven't read the shard board to know the effects of those efforts.
    [Community: Razzpurr] ohh okies..thank you Tympest
    [Community: Kwinn] and yer point is?
    [Community: Plink] My point is, that if you listen and read those posts, you will learn.
    [Community: Delvie] So hmmm how's the weather?
    [Community: Dalviane] Cold and cloudie....
    [Community: Kwinn] I'd venture to say I know a helluva lot more than you realize
    [Community: Nefrett] whats kwinn saying thats so bad?
    [Community: Plink] Nothing bad, just ignorant.
    [Community: Nefrett] how can you say his oppnion is ignorant
    [Community: Ilmen] Can you guys take the hate to a private tell? Thanks.
    [Community: Kwinn] and when I want yer advise, Plink, I will ask for it so buzz off when meeting starts I will be cool unitl that time BITE ME
    [Community: Plink] I'm not saying e
    [Community: Swythe] Kwinn... relax!
    [Community: Sovirin] o.O
    [Community: Swythe] its a game!
    [Community: Wyrme] relooging
    [Community: Kwinn] tell Plink to crawl off my ****** and I will relax
    [Community: Ilmen] I just remembered /ignore <playername> works fabulously.
    [Community: Sovirin] Umm can we all get along. O.O
    [Community: Kwinn] better yet screw yer damned meeting
    [Community: Allon] ::Rumbles and sighs, shaking his head::
    [Community: Razzpurr] thanks for all the help:)
    [Community: Swythe] *laughs* so emotional Kwinn? if you don't like it, do like all ther other games out there... quit
    [Community: Sovirin] *Scratches his head* oook
    [Community: Awdz] being adversarial does not help your position
    [Community: Delvie] Hmm looks like a nice clear day here in Tazoon
    [Community: Yarthilin] Nice sky...
    [Community: Asteral] *grumbles*
    [Community: Swythe] eek! anouther clear day! O.o *puts on his sunblock*
    [Community: Awdz] are the bugs out? that's one of the problems with nice weather...
    [Community: Swythe] I hope not! I didn't wash today!
    [Community: Dalviane] Ohhh....the coliseum even has nice wide seats...
    [Community: Plink] or the day before that, or the day before that.... :p
    [Community: Swythe] :P
    [Community: Delvie] Yes it does Dalviane, I can even scoot away from Swythe and the strange thing that it's doing
    [Community: Kaylor] and the strange smell
    [Community: Tauri] This building was not built for Gnomes
    [Community: Tauri] I can't jump up on the steps
    [Community: Asteral] Oh Zideon is a dragon..score!
    [Community: Dalviane] Ummm, Swythe, if you're not careful , you'll get your head caught...
    [Community: Allon] Greetings Zideon, and thank you for coming. :)
    [Community: Zideon] No problem...happy to be here
    [Community: Swythe] *headbutts Zideon in the ancient greeting of the Swythe* hiya!
    [Community: Asteral] I think Plink is going to need a megaphone
    [Community: Valerith] Hallo Zideon!
    [Community: Asteral] Any tinkerers in the house?!
    [Community: Grummel] Do we have to be in Tazoon
    [Community: Grummel] Im a tinkerer
    [Community: Herman] only lvl 55
    [Community: Sarpedos] *waves to the adoring legions*
    [Community: Grummel] 62 tink here
    [Community: Asteral] Quick quick construct a dryad sized megaphone
    [Community: Delvie] hehe
    [Community: Plink] I'd have Tokoz host one of these, but he'd forget how to talk before he'd remember an agenda....
    [Community: Allon] One doesn't have to be here, just here if you want to see others, face to snout and such, but some have trouble here, of course.
    [Community: Grummel] I have a hard time in Tazoon thats all
    [Community: Allon] No worries then, all the talkign will be done here I am told.
    [Community: Grummel] Works for me
    [Community: Zideon] Rawdge from design will be attending as well
    [Community: Asteral] Ah Excellent!
    [Community: Plink] Wow. Should I wait to get started?
    [Community: Dalviane] You should only be here if you want to see Swythe get his snout caught in the gate...
    [Community: Zideon] Go ahead...he is patching and will be along in a moment
    [Community: Grummel] Hate to see a dragon cry out in pain
    [Community: Bahomute] Hail Zideon
    [Community: Plink] Ok, let's get started then. I guess we begin by calling the meeting to "Order?"
    [Community: Sarpedos] booooo!
    [Community: Allon] ::Rumbles lightly in amusement at the pun::
    [Community: C`gan] *giggles*
    [Community: Delvie] hehe
    [Community: Plink] Let's start with the basic rules for the meeting. People who come in late and have trouble with these rules, Swythe will send them tells explaining them to them so they don't get razzed by the whole community.
    [Community: Plink] The Floor will start with me, because I like me. :)
    [Community: Starlight] huh?
    [Community: Allon] Plink is going to speak first. :)
    [Community: Plink] The floor will be passed off to however is speaking...
    [Community: Plink] So, no one talks until they are recognized by the chair (It sounds arrogant, but trust me, we need to do this with this many people.)
    [Community: Plink] When you are done speaking, you need to say something so that I know you're done. Either "I'm done." or "I yield the floor." SOMETHING. :)
    [Community: Frisco] I didn't see you raise your hand plink, tsk tsk
    [Community: Plink] I'm getting to that.
    [Community: Swythe] just in time Starlight
    [Community: Plink] When you want to speak, please do a *raises hand* if it's a question to a particular team leader, mention that as well...
    [Community: Starlight] mew?
    [Community: Plink] I will call on people to speak in the order I get the message on my screen (might not be the same as yours, sorry.)
    [Community: Plink] Questions and comments should only relate to the subject at hand or we'll get lost really fast.
    [Community: Plink] Any questions about what I'm saying?
    [Community: Starlight] no >.>
    [Community: Kwinn] *yawn*
    [Community: Valerith] Will there be a quiz? :P (Ok, first and last smart remark from me :P)
    [Community: Plink] Ok, I turn the floor over to C'gan to cover what has been happening on the World Events Team since last meeting.
    [Community: C`gan] Thanks, Plink.
    [Community: C`gan] First off, welcome and thank you all for coming.
    [Community: C`gan] The World Projects team in the past two weeks has been very active and efficient. Completed projects in the past two weeks are the Kion mine, Kion Manor for Lady Kendra, Kion Lighthouse.
    [Community: Swythe] nah
    [Community: C`gan] Work has been progressing on the Sslanis mine and Kion crafthall.
    [Community: C`gan] A survey team also took the time to look at all previous world projects build sites and the listing is on the forum, as well as updates to projects as people have had the opportunity.

-------------------- I ctd'd here ---------------------------

[Community: Kwinn] well, for what its worth you get a group together with materails ready to haul where-ever I'll plow the road
    [Community: Ssvox] I just got here what are we all talking baout?
    [Community: Kwinn] kirasanct is t4 if thewy are jade or topaz again I'll plow the road
    [Community: C`gan] Thanks for the offer, Kwinn. You're the first to speak up for guarding duty.
    [Community: Kwinn] shoot me a tell anytime you need a guard or whatever
    [Community: Bahomute] i can guard to
    [Community: Kwinn] if it moves, I can kill it solo cept SOG
    [Community: Kwinn] and thats all I have for now...
    [Community: C`gan] Who was next?
    [Community: Plink] Sarpedos.
    [Community: C`gan] Sarpedos?
    [Community: Sarpedos] I kinda cheated... not used to this waiting in line bit.
    [Community: Snrrl] *raises a paw*
    [Community: Sarpedos] I was just saying I have an idea for newbie projects, but we can discuss in the WorldProjects on our own time.
    [Community: Plink] Grummel?
    [Community: C`gan] So noted, Sarpedos. Grummel?
    [Community: Grummel] These projects are they level specific or can anybody work them..reason why I ask is I can usually place 54 units of a product on a project..I dont want to rob individuals who are working for Xp
    [Community: Grummel] 54 units in one shot
    [Community: C`gan] These projects and the required units are posted on the forum. The highest listing is tier 3.
    [Community: Grummel] See I can work above tier 3 but I dont want to rob anybody of xp
    [Community: Dagas] *raises a hand*
    [Community: C`gan] The projects themselves are not level specific, other than the person should honestly be able to work what they're actually working on.
    [Community: Grummel] Just wondering do you have these projects zoned off for various levels or can I just pick one at random and work it
    [Community: C`gan] In that case, Grummel, you may be an excellent runner.
    [Community: Grummel] I use Tarbash disk..have enough gold so cost does not matter
    [Community: C`gan] Anything else?
    [Community: Grummel] Nope none from me
    [Community: Awdz] *raises hand*
    [Community: C`gan] Next?
    [Community: Plink] Bahomute.
    [Community: Bahomute] im also up for guard duty
    [Community: Bahomute] thats about it
    [Community: Plink] Snrrl.
    [Community: C`gan] Ok, for sake of time, if those wishing to volunteer for duties, please contact the team later on the WorldProjects channel.
    [Community: Swythe] when I'm not occupied, I can be a good musher... and on rare occasion can lead groups
    [Community: Naptha] *Raises Hand for Question*
    [Community: Snrrl] Well my concers/comments mostly arrise from projects that give no benifit, such as the tailor shop already mentioned, and the stone cutter on eastern LA.
    [Community: Cixi] I concur
    [Community: Snrrl] Is there any chance of resources showing up near these locations?
    [Community: C`gan] That would be for others higher than myself to answer.
    [Community: Plink] We'll save that question to the open questions at the end. :)
    [Community: Plink] Dagas
    [Community: C`gan] Dagas?
    [Community: Warsong] Excuse my taridness
    [Community: Dagas] well i have noticed that many plots remain unbuilt and the builders maret wremains unused
    [Community: C`gan] Plots fall outside the realm of the World Projects team.
    [Community: Dagas] ok
    [Community: Dagas] that was all
    [Community: Plink] Ok, backing up a little to Snrrls question...
    [Community: C`gan] Builder's Market channel I have no knowledge of. Most builders I work with work the resources themselves rather than buying and selling them.
    [Community: C`gan] Snrrl?
    [Community: Snrrl] Yes?
    [Community: Plink] The topic was the cloth working factory near the tier IV gem golems, with no cloth anywhere near it. Is there any chance of cloth showing up there?
    [Community: Plink] *looks to TG*
    [Community: C`gan] Also the masonry hall in eastern Lesser Aradoth.
    [Community: Zideon] ONe sec...we are huddling
    [Community: Plink] *think that beats hurling*
    [Community: Cera] lol
    [Community: Zideon] There is absolutely a chance of cloth showing up there...
    [Community: Plink] Ok. :)
    [Community: Plink] Awdz had another comment?
    [Community: Zideon] We have worldbuilders listening in on this as well and thats what I was told
    [Community: C`gan] Awdz?
    [Community: Awdz] yes...
    [Community: Plink] Sorry didn't mean to interupt. :/
    [Community: C`gan] You had something else, Awdz?
    [Community: Awdz] just to be clear, active world projects (prioritized) are posted where?
    [Community: Cixi] *raises hand*
    [Community: C`gan] They are not yet prioritized. They are on the community.istaria.com site, Server Boards, Order Shard, World Projects Team list.
    [Community: Awdz] and should we just ask in the world projects chat if we want to help to find out what's going on?
    [Community: C`gan] Absolutely.
    [Community: Awdz] thank you, that's all
    [Community: C`gan] Or volunteer to form up a small team to work on a resource.
    [Community: Plink] Naptha.
    [Community: Valerith] *raises both wings, all four feet, and falls on the floor* -- Question for C`gan
    [Community: C`gan] In the discussion thread, same place, I made mention of that as well.
    [Community: C`gan] Naptha?
    [Community: Naptha] Ok How can a Newbie like me with no construction skills Help??
    [Community: Valerith] (retracts his question - Naptha asked it)
    [Community: C`gan] Well, base processing or running.
    [Community: Naptha] what exactly is that
    [Community: C`gan] Taking the material you harvest and process, then hand off to a builder who uses that to make construction units.
    [Community: Naptha] Fantastic
    [Community: C`gan] Running is just that. Run construction units from the field to the project for a builder to place.
    [Community: Plink] Cixi.
    [Community: Cixi] not to cause any offense, especially since there are so many extra large ones here, but many times there are several logged on to the WP channel but when I ask what is going on, there's no response at all. Maybe if there's an active team there should be a different channel because maybe everyone else just has the channel and they're afk or... sorry to be a long winded gnome
    [Community: C`gan] Please, be persistent. There may or may not be goings on or they may have a small group already. We can certainly discuss it amongst the team to have an active project channel.
    [Community: C`gan] Anything else, Cixi?
    [Community: Cixi] *blushes* oh no, thanks.
    [Community: C`gan] Next?
    [Community: Plink] We'll have the Greater New-Player Assistance Team report and then we will skip to open forum.
    [Community: Dagas] ?
    [Community: Warsong] Excuse my lack of information but has the Event Team subject been talked about
    [Community: Plink] Might have to wait.. we're a little short on time.
    [Community: Frisco] Hey all
    [Community: Frisco] I'll let the lady speak first since ladies get first anyways asteral go ahead
    [Community: Asteral] *smiles* Alright. The new player assistance team or GNAT as we've called ourselves is doing exceelnt.
    [Community: Starlight] pardon me but what topic are we on now?
    [Community: Asteral] We have numerous new players tell us how much keeping the connies stocked and being avaliable in the new player channel has helped them
    [Community: Asteral] But we are in desperate need of volunteers to help take some of the weight off the already stressed team members. We have a group of 5 or 6 people trying to take care fo the whole project
    [Community: Dagas] ill volunteer for armor work
    [Community: Frisco] Cloth workers(Cargo gear and Mage armor) as well as Dragon crafters are desperatly needed
    [Community: Grummel] I can do tinkerer work..cargo and disks
    [Community: Asteral] What we really need at this point are spell crafters/dragon crafters and people to staff the playerchannel
    [Community: olvander] i can do some weaponry up to tier two
    [Community: Snrrl] *nods, Ican help with the cargo*
    [Community: Plink] Please offer help through the New Player Channel. :)
    [Community: Frisco] Join the New player channel for volunterruing please
    [Community: Cera] I can start making t1-4 tools
    [Community: Naptha] *Raises Hand*
    [Community: Frisco] Unfortunatly, we are not getting the numbers of new people into the NEw Player Chat channel that we need. Only those who are very very intuitive have made their way in there.
    [Community: Asteral] On another note, there have been several ideas pushed forward as to how to better help new players get on their feet when they join the game. One of thse things was having them automatically upt into the new player channel upon char creation
    [Community: Swythe] *raises his paw*
    [Community: Frisco] I have made a call to TG to put new players in there when they land on the tutorial island, but I have not heard from them, We can't even invite new players in, as none of us have admin ddue to it being a TG modd'd channel
    [Community: Asteral] That way a newbie doesn't have to figure out How to set up his tabs before he can get assitance with game mechanics
    [Community: Ilmen] *raises paw*
    [Community: Swythe] I may have a solution to the channels, perhaps mention on the main site somewhere would increase knowledge of them
    [Community: Gerix] *raises wing*
    [Community: Asteral] Please Ilmen speak freely
    [Community: Allon] ::Raises a wing::
    [Community: Manga-4tw] I can bring that up to the table for a tech discussion on it, the autojoin tab
    [Community: Frisco] Also - We would like to begin to work on Kion Connie, when we have the New Brommel and Trismus connies set up and truckin
    [Community: Frisco] Thank you Manga, it would really be very appreciated.
    [Community: Frisco] And I belive Naptha was first - Asteral.
    [Community: Allon] ::Puts his wing down::
    [Community: Ilmen] *waits patiently*
    [Community: Naptha] Is there a list of Items to be crafted for newbies ? if not could one be established ranked according to difficulty so other newbies can assist in the creation?
    [Community: Swythe] that sounds good Manga
    [Community: Nefrett] how about a longer time on the connies in newbie towns
    [Community: Gerix] *puts wing down as point was made by manga*
    [Community: Plink] Please, one at a time...
    [Community: Frisco] Well the original plan was to stock it and help the new players get the tools and eq to continue on their own without the higher levels having to sotck it, but it sems that there is just those 5 or 6 contantly doing thw rok while others arent, so that is a topic to be discussed in the new player chat channel among volunteers and new players I think...
    [Community: Frisco] and after naptha was swythe
    [Community: Lethosos] !
    [Community: Swythe] *gives Naptha her turn, he has more to suggest* :)
    [Community: Frisco] And yes - naptha i have a list somewhere in my desk here
    [Community: Naptha] Great thanks ill get on that newbie channel first opportunity, I gota run thanks all
    [Community: Frisco] Ok, Swithe.
    [Community: Starlight] *raises paw*
    [Community: Asteral] Wake up swythe!
    [Community: Swythe] ok, off topic a bit, about a month ago I made my own client modifications, adding 12 dragon emotes that recyled exsisting animations, including the flying ones I have found
    [Community: Plink] That would be for open discussion Swythe. :) We'll get there....
    [Community: Frisco] Ilmen did you get to ask your question?
    [Community: Ilmen] Not yet.
    [Community: Frisco] Ok go ahead.
    [Community: Manga-4tw] Swythe: just email that to me
    [Community: Ilmen] I just wanted to introduce myself - I played a LOT when the game first started..... then took a long break.. and expect to be here intermittently. I was wondering t wo things.
    [Community: Swythe] O.o I will, source and all, thank you, ok, I'm done :)
    [Community: Ilmen] 1. How can I help with projects (The World Projects channel, I learned) and - well - I feel like a newb all over again because EVERYTHING is different.
    [Community: Ilmen] So I was wondering if it would be ok for me to hang with the nw players, or is there a "Returning Players" channel, hee hee?!
    [Community: Frisco] Ilmen, join the New player chat channel we can help you in there no problem
    [Community: Frisco] there is no level limit on who can recieve help :P
    [Community: Ilmen] Thank you.
    [Community: Ilmen] I'm a level 50 newb. :D
    [Community: Frisco] No problem.
    [Community: Frisco] Starlight?
    [Community: Starlight] yes?
    [Community: Frisco] You raised your paw :)
    [Community: Starlight] well my thing is on the new agro system
    [Community: Frisco] Ok mabye save that for open discussiona t end?
    [Community: Plink] Ok, let's finish with the New Player first. :)
    [Community: Starlight] kay
    [Community: Starlight] was nto sure the topic
    [Community: Frisco] Allon did you have a quesiton? sorry if I missed it
    [Community: Allon] No, mine was answered.
    [Community: Allon] I put my wing down.
    [Community: Allon] ::grins toothily, tail swishing::
    [Community: Asteral] Alright, do you have anything to add Frisco? I think we pretty much have everything covered over on the channel
    [Community: Frisco] Ok great, is there any questions? There is more to say that can be said in New player chat or talekd to one of us personaly, asteral and frisco, but we are already overtime and would like to keep the meeting rolling any objections? and asteral you have anything to add?
    [Community: Frisco] Nope I'm good.
    [Community: Asteral] Hahaha you read my mind.
    [Community: Lethosos] I do.
    [Community: Frisco] Lethosos, go ahead
    [Community: Ilmen] *raises paw again*
    [Community: Lethosos] I don't know if it's been adressed or not, but...
    [Community: Lethosos] Concerning stocking supllies for new players--I think it would help tremendously if there was a better incentive to do so.
    [Community: Frisco] Aye - I was thinking about that, perhaps commisioning newer players to create?
    [Community: Frisco] then those who commisioned could stock it?
    [Community: Allon] ::Raises a wing high::
    [Community: Lethosos] Perhaps. It's something to bring up for further discussion.
    [Community: Lethosos] Okay, done.
    [Community: Frisco] aye please join the new player chat channel and we will discuss it im happy to id like to hear you ideas
    [Community: Frisco] Ilmen?
    [Community: Ilmen] Sorry -
    [Community: Ilmen] I was wondering if it would be beneficial to have a "ReturningPlayers" channel. That's all. :)
    [Community: Toril] I'm being a distraction. *grins sheepishly*
    [Community: Frisco] Thats an idea but at the moment we are understadffed and cant split our resources but talk to me about it in ernw player chat
    [Community: Frisco] Allon?
    [Community: olvander] *raises his hand*
    [Community: Allon] A quick thing about making more "incentive" for putting onto training consigners..
    [Community: Allon] Something I did when I regularly did that... I did it to gain more "Customers".
    [Community: Allon] I would always thank whatever Naka or Dragon was purchasing from me, when I knew it, of the spells I put... and offered to "make others' For a fee...
    [Community: Allon] Plus, it is an excellent way to make more friends, too.
    [Community: Frisco] Ahhh thats a good idea, I know one new player - Meile, has been doing that, and it was rerally neat to get the thank you from her after buying her spells
    [Community: Allon] Just, reach out to those new ones who buy things from you, you know there name now, offer to make more, and have a customer for life.
    [Community: Frisco] *nods* I like that idea!
    [Community: Allon] It was one of my favorite reasons that I used consigners!
    [Community: Frisco] olvander?
    [Community: Allon] But, that's all for me there... (( and, you can use it to do things for role-playing. :) ))
    [Community: olvander] i have a couple questions
    [Community: C`gan] *raises hand*
    [Community: olvander] 1 is aquiring the expert forms
    [Community: Dagas] hunting or from vielo
    [Community: Frisco] ^^^ what he said
    [Community: Plink] Ok, that would be an issue for the open discussion.
    [Community: Frisco] aye
    [Community: Frisco] Anything else that has to do with NEW PLAYER ASSIANTCE TEAM?
    [Community: Plink] Anything else for the GNAT?
    [Community: Frisco] C1`gan?
    [Community: olvander] yes but not many like to hunt and the veilos are to pricy
    [Community: C`gan] This is actually for the TG members here. Is there a way for the New Players channel to have the current bot give moderator status to Frisco and Asteral?
    [Community: Zideon] Not automated no...
    [Community: Frisco] Hahah read my mind but I was to scared to ask :(
    [Community: C`gan] But there is a way?
    [Community: Rawdge] If one of us logs in and manually promotes someone, it could work.
    [Community: Zideon] but that would fall to me....
    [Community: C`gan] That was my question. I am done.
    [Community: Frisco] Ok thats everything i beleive
    [Community: Allon] ::Raises a wing::
    [Community: Allon] On that note..
    [Community: Plink] We'll communicate some more on that.
    [Community: Frisco] Gotta keep moving
    [Community: Frisco] Save questions for open discusion
    [Community: Allon] Just wondering if the bots could say, promote people based on higher raitings, not sure if they can be reprogrammed, but, enough of that.
    [Community: Plink] I believe that was already covered.
    [Community: Allon] Oops, I missed it then.
    [Community: Plink] Ok, I've been spa.... er I mean asked by several people, to not skip over the Events Team information. So I will briefly cover that on Xerses behald.
    [Community: Plink] Here's the relevant information:
    [Community: Plink] 1. There's an events team. It resides on the channel called *gasp* Events Team.
    [Community: Dagas] *faints*
    [Community: Cera] rofl
    [Community: Warsong] Might I add we are the best team
    [Community: Allon] ::Needs to join that::
    [Community: Plink] 2. I would do a poor job of summarizing what Xerses wants of that team. But I would ask if there's a way that TG can open dialogue directly with that Team?
    [Community: Plink] There's a post on this meetings thread that gives a bit of breakdown, but in the interest of time... Openning communication would suffice.
    [Community: Amadan] Message boards are the best way for open dialogue regarding events.
    [Community: Plink] So someone will look into what Xerses is requesting on teh board?
    [Community: Plink] It's a very complex event.
    [Community: Plink] Different tiers and all kinds of neat stuff.
    [Community: Ssvox] Raises claw**
    [Community: Bahomute] *raises a wing*
    [Community: Diabolis] *raises a horn*
    [Community: Rawdge] What exactly are you talking about with the Events Team?
    [Community: Rawdge] I'll admit, I'm not familiar with what you'es discussing.
    [Community: Plink] They want to be able to suggest events for the community. In this case an actual war with the WA, where the attackers attack differnt tiers in differenct places, so all can be involved.w
    [Community: Warsong] Well im on the events team because i like to taunt the WM's but mostly we are trying to create events without the WM's help at the moment
    [Community: Plink] That would also be something they are working with.
    [Community: Rawdge] Okay. That's something we can take a look at more in depth and find out exactly what we can and can't do.
    [Community: Rawdge] The forums would be the best way to discuss that most likely.
    [Community: Plink] Thank you. I'll have Xerses post more specifics then.
    [Community: Warsong] Havnt had the pleasure of meeting Zideon so im sure amadan has warned him about the gifted here
    [Community: Plink] Ssvox?
    [Community: Ssvox] Yes One qwuestion
    [Community: Amadan] Aye, what he said. If you have a thread about events you need me to look at, I will have no problem doing so.
    [Community: Ssvox] is xerses the one to contact or some one else?
    [Community: Plink] For the next 10 days, contact me. Xerses is out of town.
    [Community: Ssvox] great ty
    [Community: Nalrach] Okay where a good spot to solo when your a wimpy lvl 60 hunter
    [Community: Plink] Bahomute?
    [Community: Bahomute] i was hoping there wouldnt be anymore "wild goose chasing" im sure many know what i mean
    [Community: Plink] *blush* That was an experiment....
    [Community: Bahomute] considering what Sahdow Dragon was doing and Seliena running several times
    [Community: Cera] aye
    [Community: Plink] Um, the Event's Team would rather not discuss that with most of TG here....
    [Community: Plink] *whistles innocently*
    [Community: Allon] ::chuckles, his earfins buring now with curiosity!::
    [Community: Plink] C`gan.
    [Community: C`gan] For those who do not know the Events Team and what they're about, the thread is located at http://community.istaria.com/Web/Sho...x?PostID=77531
    [Community: C`gan] I'm finished.
    [Community: Plink] Thanks. Also, I stay in this channel when I'm in game, you can discuss things with me then, or feel free to email me through the boards, or PM me.... :)
    [Community: Cardin] *points to diabolis raising a horn*
    [Community: Plink] I do this to serve the shard. I'm here to listen to you. There are many here that can attest to that.
    [Community: Plink] Diabolis?
    [Community: Diabolis] nothing
    [Community: Plink] Ok.
    [Community: Starlight] is floor open to any topic now?
    [Community: Plink] Now.... There were many other things on the agenda, but I'm going to skip to one really fast so that our friends from TG can get out of here. :) The next meeting is here in 2 weeks at the same time?
    [Community: Plink] Does everyone agree with that?
    [Community: Delvie] aye
    [Community: Thannikas] aye
    [Community: Bahomute] Starlight got skipped i have to say
    [Community: Delight] aye
    [Community: Cera] aye
    [Community: Starlight] I know I did
    [Community: Starlight] about the agro system
    [Community: C`gan] aye
    [Community: Starlight] still waiting to speak
    [Community: Delvie] I'd like to hear about that too Starlight
    [Community: Nellie] same day & time...aye
    [Community: Starlight] so may speak what I have to say?
    [Community: Plink] Ok, Starlight, ask your question about the aggro system.
    [Community: Starlight] not a question persay
    [Community: Starlight] but how it works
    [Community: Meile] I had questions, but not sure when to pose them.
    [Community: Starlight] as I understand the creatures target the lowest rated member
    [Community: Plink] (Use the raise hand now. We're in open forum.)
    [Community: Celly] *Tries to raise a wing, Realizes she doesn't have a wing and raises a hand instead*
    [Community: Starlight] but some mobs seem to stay focused on one player ignoring the damage being dealt to them by another
    [Community: Manga-4tw] *raises an udder*
    [Community: Nellie] chuckle
    [Community: Allon] ::Raises his tail::
    [Community: Thannikas] aye i have noticed that
    [Community: Delight] i as well
    [Community: Starlight] also about when not in a group, example being while in sslanis basin, I hadde about 10 spiders agroed to me
    [Community: Dagas] i also
    [Community: Frisco] To me the new system seems like NPC griefing, but thats just me.
    [Community: Manga-4tw] About the agro system, that behavior is indeed intended, but not working as intended
    [Community: David] ?
    [Community: Celly] so, the mobs aren't supposed to beat on the ranger who hasn't touched them while the dragon chews on their tails?
    [Community: Thannikas] lol ok
    [Community: Starlight] as lv 75 shaman , they can not touch me and I was killing them due to being annoying , another hatchling simply running past caused half of the spiders to leave me and go after the hatchling
    [Community: Plink] Me too David...
    [Community: Raign] intended to kill any NEW players we try to help
    [Community: Starlight] then the hatchling did kill the spiders but they were not in my group
    [Community: Starlight] thats just it
    [Community: David] Manga is typing... hold on.
    [Community: Starlight] the hatchlign did nothing, no help in healing or attacking just ran past
    [Community: David] He's not very good at that.
    [Community: Plink] (I thought it was getting warmer)
    [Community: Eliora] lol
    [Community: Allon] ::rumbles in amusement::
    [Community: Lethosos] True enough, when you have hooves instead of claws/fingers.
    [Community: Swythe] the new agro system is has made the dragon RoP only harder, I have been in several Kaa groups where the hatchling was targeted first
    [Community: Manga-4tw] The monsters are encouraged to pick tagets, the same as players do, best odds of winning, during a "pull" of multiple monsters, some of them will target lower level players...
    [Community: Meile] *raises hand*
    [Community: Tauri] hehe manga slapps David with tail
    [Community: David] He's not done yet...
    [Community: Starlight] even if the player is not even in the group?
    [Community: Ryunaker] Players don't always concentrate on whether or not monsters are grouped.
    [Community: Manga-4tw] What went wrong was the fact that the monsters are not wanting to "un-agro" of the lower level player until it is too late, that is currently a flaw in that system that is on live, but we have since fixed it due to player feedback internally
    [Community: Snrrl] *raises paw*
    [Community: Raign] Aye to that swythe I was helping just early this week and hatch got 20 dps
    [Community: Manga-4tw] The fact that it is working on players that aren't in group is also not intended
    [Community: Frisco] And going after the lowest levelwithout any regard to to who is beating on the monster and healing the target, i think thats grieifing, what a jewrk in a pvp game would do is go after the lowest lvl player just cause he can, without regard to the higher levels around the lower level player is griefing but thats just jy ideas
    [Community: Swythe] perhaps an addition of a field of view cone (like the one's in metal gear solid) will solve it?
    [Community: Manga-4tw] We wanted the agro system to be more challenging to higher level players to protect the younger players but not making a pull a death sentance
    [Community: Starlight] and correct me if I am wrong but are the mobs supposed to target clerics and or healers first?
    [Community: Plink] *Holds up a hand for silence* Please Starlight and Manga have the floor.
    [Community: Swythe] *shuts his muzzle*
    [Community: Starlight] another example,
    [Community: Manga-4tw] They target what they "think" they have a best challenge attacking, there is also healing agro as well
    [Community: Starlight] on ice isalnd with myself , a lv 100 dragon and a hatchling a lv 38 adv
    [Community: Starlight] and a sinlg elv 100 emerald golem
    [Community: Starlight] some times it attacked the hatchling other times it went after the dragon that agroed it
    [Community: David] It is possible to (after the adjustment) prevent the initial attack on the low level player through judicious use of aggressive attacks.
    [Community: Plink] Adjustment?
    [Community: Starlight] that works only sometimes it seems
    [Community: Manga-4tw] The Adult RoP will no longer be a instant kill for the hatchling after the adjustment
    [Community: David] It is not yet live for you to know if it works or not.
    [Community: Starlight] it took a gold rage from a dragon to just get the golem to turn on the dragon
    [Community: Swythe] I have tried that David, and I can't seem to get that to work, it could be just me, hehe
    [Community: Plink] *nod* So we talk about it at the first meeting after the patch. :)
    [Community: Manga-4tw] Starlight: sometimes golems will attack with "hurl chunk" a random groupmate in the group
    [Community: Snrrl] *puts down paw*
    [Community: Starlight] I have a question about the way mobs target
    [Community: Delight] *nods*
    [Community: Starlight] the bitter pickle
    [Community: Starlight] I understand the mobs reason if it cant hit target it runs away
    [Community: Swythe] *raises paw*
    [Community: Manga-4tw] That is being looked at as well Starlight
    [Community: Starlight] but if with a group, and player the ghosts are after gets to a spot the ghosts can not reach
    [Community: Manga-4tw] Please send in logs starlight so that we can review them
    [Community: Plink] *whistles innocently again*
    [Community: Starlight] the ghost simply run away instead of going after another nearby like they used to
    [Community: Herman] *raises a small hand*
    [Community: Plink] *blush* Ok, next topic.... :p
    [Community: Plink] Celly.
    [Community: Bahomute] whats wrong plink?
    [Community: Starlight] some of my logs are gone since it happened about a week ago
    [Community: Cera] lol
    [Community: Manga-4tw] We also found a positioning issue that affects mobs that run away for no reason
    [Community: David] Pardon the interruption, but I'm sending the devs home in 15 minutes... thank you.
    [Community: Celly] Ok, quick question and comment
    [Community: Zideon] 14 minutes
    [Community: Manga-4tw] OK next
    [Community: Celly] comment, thanks, you guys do great and I love the game
    [Community: Starlight] ok I am done
    [Community: Celly] QUestions... About how long does it take to get a well dug and a truckload of sand dumped in a community after one is requested
    [Community: Celly] And second... when are you going to add some other types of eggs to the game besides chicken eggs?
    [Community: David] I'll take this one
    [Community: Manga-4tw] OK next question for me
    [Community: Swythe] while I sent this into the community email, I was wondering if there would be an addition of an actual druken effect in the game? the bitter pickel gives debuffs, but there are no blurred vison, or staggering like other MMO's :)
    [Community: David] Placing the request in the suggestions thread Sand and Wells will result in me adding it when I have discrectionary time.. this then goes with the next delta to Blight , and then to live.
    [Community: Meile] *raises hand, waves hand furiously in the air*
    [Community: Manga-4tw] Swythe: I rather see that effect from player made drinks, but I need artist time that is limited at the moment
    [Community: Manga-4tw] next
    [Community: Diabolis] i have one
    [Community: Herman] *lowers hand*
    [Community: David] I try to review the thread prior to each delta.
    [Community: Manga-4tw] Celly: maybe about the egges
    [Community: Manga-4tw] Meile?
    [Community: Plink] Manga raised an udder next....
    [Community: Diabolis] *raises horn*
    [Community: Thannikas] lol
    [Community: Meile] Yay. When will we be allowed to swim instead of sinking like rocks? Will dryads ever be able to do more than this fake hovering thing?
    [Community: David] We will look into other eggs in the future, but right now, we don't have many egg laying creatures.
    [Community: Celly] Ok, thanks. I'm done
    [Community: Asteral] Golem eggs!
    [Community: Starlight] LOL
    [Community: Devast] <raises wing>
    [Community: Dagas] lol
    [Community: Gerix] *raises wing*
    [Community: Ryunaker] Hehehe
    [Community: Swythe] lol David
    [Community: Plink] Allon
    [Community: Gerix] *puts wing down*
    [Community: David] Swimming will be learned/discovered by Istarians at some time in the future, but currently it is not part of the culture.
    [Community: Starlight] interesting
    [Community: Plink] Allon, you had a question?
    [Community: Starlight] what about dragon rides just curious
    [Community: Starlight] and sorry bout the outburst x.x
    [Community: Delight] grrrr
    [Community: Manga-4tw] We are looking into the possibilty for a small burst of flight/hover for the dryads
    [Community: Allon] ::Lowers his tail:: Hmmm, yes, I had something... oh bother... Nevermind..
    [Community: Meile] Hey, my turn!
    [Community: Starlight] meile is next
    [Community: Raign] dragons are NOT mounts
    [Community: Meile] Very cool, thank you :)
    [Community: Delight] AYE
    [Community: Manga-4tw] Next?
    [Community: Allon] It escaped from my head in all that chatter about flight and midair... Oh wait, this is PG in here..
    [Community: Asteral] Some won't mind
    [Community: Plink] C`gan.
    [Community: Gerix] Dragons should be able to give a ride to a friend
    [Community: Levity] *raises hand and twiddles fingers*
    [Community: Wyrme] << thinks that being saddled and riddin is degrading
    [Community: Manga-4tw] Levity go
    [Community: Delight] AYE
    [Community: David] Player riding player dragons requires some client/simulation changes and some animations additions. We know how we intend to do this, but it is on the pony list because of many higher priority issues.
    [Community: Ryunaker] There are those I would not mind giving rides, but I would not wear a saddle.
    [Community: Gerix] *thinks those who don't want to give rides just don't have to but shouldn't keep others from doing it*
    [Community: Diabolis] *raises horn again as not to be forgotten*
    [Community: C`gan] Is there any plan to make expert forms more readily available? Also, Will there be a way for crafters to make the blighted cores for the newer blighted equipment?
    [Community: Meile] Oh, and for the record I'm available to test those features if you ever need testers :)
    [Community: Manga-4tw] Diabolis go
    [Community: Lethosos] <- whould only give gnomes rides, because they make greatammo for bombing runs.
    [Community: Cera] *raises paw*
    [Community: Diabolis] my question is similar to the sand and water questioln
    [Community: Swythe] I'm looking forward to dragon riding, and it may attract some Pern fans :P
    [Community: Plink] Ok... I have a suggestion... Since the devs have to leave very soon. Can we schedule another open forum sometime before the next meeting?
    [Community: Levity] I am just curious about a clarification on timing on new plot things like flower bushes, and how technically hard it would be to do a grass texture instead of dirt. Not asking for a firm time, just a general idea of where on the schedule it is.
    [Community: Manga-4tw] C'gan we will make it easier for the selling and buying of forms
    [Community: Diabolis] wonder about ports added to settlements
    [Community: Devast] *lifts wing even higher*
    [Community: Ryunaker] Are master forms coming in anytime soon?
    [Community: Starlight] dont forget about devast
    [Community: Diabolis] do i have floor or not
    [Community: Ryunaker] (Beyond the few for construction)
    [Community: Zideon] Goodnight everyone...Zideon must leave the building...enjoy
    [Community: Wyrme] Raises a calw
    [Community: Manga-4tw] We discussed player buildable ports, but player building resource nodes trumped it on the schedule
    [Community: Plink] manga's just answering as fast as possible right now.
    [Community: Cera] night Zideon
    [Community: Swythe] *headbutts Zid* nite ya
    [Community: Nellie] Goodnight Zideon
    [Community: Eliora] *raises hand*
    [Community: Meile] Goodnight!
    [Community: Thannikas] thank you for your time
    [Community: Devast] Two quick questions: Any info on lairs or welgers?
    [Community: Ryunaker] Take care, Zideon
    [Community: Devast] Be safe
    [Community: Ssvox] Diabolis has the floor All
    [Community: Swythe] nite Devils! *headbutts everyone he sees*
    [Community: Manga-4tw] Master Processing forms are slated for release this summer
    [Community: Eliora] when will the level cap be raised ?
    [Community: Diabolis] i have just bought a plot in Heather, but realized it is no good for my building style because of no port out
    [Community: Diabolis] being able to build one would be nice
    [Community: David] Levity: we are patching out new aesthetic structures such as plants. They will come to blight with each delta. Grass is problematic as a texture change on an existing plot, but if you mean a 'sod' asset that lies on top of the terrain, it could be possible, but might not look very good... will have to check into it.
    [Community: Manga-4tw] Diabolis: send in a suggestion for a TP to be added and we can see what we can do
    [Community: Diabolis] where is that done at Manga?
    [Community: Wyrme] my question is inregards to Dragon dragon lair plots and dragon gulid lair plots
    [Community: Lerion] We requested a gate for Heather already in the forum Diabolis
    [Community: Manga-4tw] Eliora: that is a tricky one, but we want to make sure the first 100 levels are more fun to play first (and less bugs)
    [Community: Manga-4tw] https://support.istaria.com
    [Community: Diabolis] thx
    [Community: olvander] *raises a hand for plink*
    [Community: Plink] Yes?
    [Community: Eliora] they were fun.....working on my 3rd
    [Community: Manga-4tw] Go Wyrme
    [Community: olvander] is there a way to make the blight cores a form instead of deconstructing the blighted weapons
    [Community: David] New Travel Gates and Destination pads will be slow in coming, I've requested a player buildable Travel Gate which is in the queue for development. Pads will be added cautiously.
    [Community: Manga-4tw] Devast: Everyday I watch David build on his lair plot tweaking and finding bugs, the major bottlenect is the art assets, the tech is pretty solid and no other game has anything close to it
    [Community: Wyrme] My question has been a long time concern of may of the long time playing dragon that are in drafgon only gulids and have not amased 100's of gold pieses to lose the dragon gulid plots to the dragons belonging to mixed gulids
    [Community: Wyrme] Excuse the typos english still not right with me
    [Community: David] olvander: that would change the economy of blighted weapons... we will watch the availability and perhaps adjust the drop
    [Community: Devast] thx
    [Community: Manga-4tw] Wyrme: When that time comes we will have discussed that with our focus group and our players to come up with the best solution, we plan to have many lair plots available for all dragons
    [Community: olvander] ok i have been trying to find dim ones and the forms and have had no luck so far
    [Community: Cera] olvander I have some dim cores if you would like them
    [Community: Eliora] thank you manga :) we won 't bbq you now :)
    [Community: Bahomute] rofl
    [Community: Maiyr] *raises hand*
    [Community: David] Pardon me, but I'm sending the devs home now.
    [Community: olvander] sure cera
    [Community: Thannikas] k
    [Community: Ryunaker] [<!--LI 2468493 1260248>Beginner Blighted Armor Chest Scale<!--/LI>][<!--LI 2468493 1103756>Beginner Blighted Strength Wing Scale<!--/LI>]
    [Community: Manga-4tw] Maiyr go
    [Community: Ryunaker] They do exist. ^_^
    [Community: Cera] k thank you to the Devs again :D
    [Community: Maiyr] are all expert blighted forms in game? i know of a few that i havent seen
    [Community: Ryunaker] Take care, devs. ^_^
    [Community: Thannikas] again the time here was appreciated :)
    [Community: Celly] Yes, thanks for coming devs! You guys are great
    [Community: Delight] thank you devs
    [Community: Herman] Bye Devs!
    [Community: Eliora] be well devs :)
    [Community: Allon] Aye, thank you all!
    [Community: Tauri] Thanks guys... see you soon
    [Community: Allon] It was very much appreciated. ::Bows his head and smiles::
    [Community: Manga-4tw] I think a few are missing, we are running queries to find our wich blighted forms are missing
    [Community: Lethosos] Seeyou Devs.
    [Community: Ilmen] Many thanks!
    [Community: Amadan] Have a good one!
    [Community: Ryunaker] Also, do the blighted forms plan to be updated as the others were?
    [Community: Cera] night all :D
    [Community: David] Thank you for playing, we love all of you enjoying our game.
    [Community: Bahomute] maggotS?
    [Community: Ryunaker] *chuckles* Probably too late, but that came to mind when they mentioned them.
    [Community: Draxxis] (Thanks for taking the time to come out here! It's a great sign)
    [Community: Starlight] a perhaps final quick thing about dragons
    [Community: Asteral] Thank you muchly!
    [Community: Starlight] since dragons are only class that can craft scales why is the stat not at 10?
    [Community: Ryver] No kidding
    [Community: Starlight] as the same forall their crafting stats
    [Community: Ryunaker] The quests bring it up to 10, I believe.
    [Community: Ryunaker] Well, scratch that. *chuckle*
    [Community: Starlight] I feel it should be at 10 to begin with
    [Community: Lumineux] no, they bring it to 9
    [Community: Thannikas] wow
    [Community: Ryver] Plus we need quests for smelting and stoneworking
    [Community: Starlight] aye
    [Community: Devast] Amen!
    [Community: Valerith] And Gemworking
    [Community: Ryver] We have gemworking
    [Community: Ryunaker] We have gemworking...
    [Community: Starlight] I know I am a saris but still
    [Community: Valerith] *blink*
    [Community: Valerith] Oh yeah
    [Community: Plink] Thank you so much for coming. Please visit the board at community.istaria.com and PM me or post your questions and issues for the next community meeting.
    [Community: Raign] when is next meeting
    [Community: Raign] sorry I got in late
    [Community: Delight] 2 weeks same time raign
    [Community: Raign] TY
    [Community: C`gan] Same location.
    [Community: Raign] same bat channel
    [Community: Ryver] I guess I will have to try and make it to these. It's usually suppertime here
    [Community: Lerion] Did anyone happen to ask about enlarging the tiny 25x25 plots
    [Community: Arnia] hmm so what did i miss?
    [Community: Codey] not much
    [Community: Nellie] Sorry, David kinda got alot of us enthralled with spells.
    [Community: Dagas] hey david
    [Community: Dagas] are ya gona show ya spells again if some of us get there again
    [Community: Lethosos] Heh.
    [Community: Lerion] (not much? 4 devs and David Bowman? not much he says...)
    [Community: Frith-Rae] *sighs* hi all....can never go there :( *sobs* and I missed all the goodness - you better put up the logs Tokoz! :)
    [Community: Nellie] I'll check later to see if any of my pictures turned out.
    [Community: Dalviane] And you missed the cow Frith
    [Community: Delight] thank you for another great meeting...see you next time

Default Re: Full Log of 06-30-2005 Meeting

Thank you for posting the complete log, Levity.

It was very... enlightening.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Thread Information