Thread: Walkthrough: Dropping a School

Default Walkthrough: Dropping a School

Exit Dalimond by the Northern gate, next to the lighthouse.

WNW of the gate you will see Ethien the Tempered standing on a rock, facing the ocean. Walk underwater by a short enough route that you don't drown and greet Ethien.

Ethien tells you, 'What do you want? Are you hoping to forget your past, as I am?'

Click on the hot link.

Ethien tells you, 'I have long be assailed by ngihtmares, visions of thigns I saw when I ventured outside this continent. Reality there is soft, and strange beasts stalk from shadows that should be in light. I attempted to forget these memories, by visiting a sage of sorts capable of removing them, but he was not entirely successful.'

Click on the hot link.

Ethien tells you, 'On the island of Lerena, far south and east of here. While he wasn't succesful in my case, I also brought him a difficult, and very generalized problem. I believe he explained that the easiest memories to remove are ones connected to s single "thread," such as training within a school, or time spent in a single location.'

Click on the hot link.

Ethien tells you, "Indeed if you wished to forget your knowledge of a particular shool, I believe he could do it easily. If I may ask, what kind of training do you wish to forget? Is it archery, melee, or magic?'

Click on your choice (e.g. melee).

Ethien tells you, 'Specificially, which school did you wish to forget? I believe there's Battle Mage, Berserker, Cleric,..., and Warrior...or were you a Disciple?'

Click on your choice (e.g. warrior)

GAME FEEDBACK: You have received a new quest - 'Erase memories of Warrior."

Ethien tells you, 'Very well, here is your notice, then. Travel to the island of Lerena, south of the Spiritous Swamp. A saris named Kesset dwells there, he is the sage I spoke of. Give him my note, though I suspect simply telling him I sent you will be enough. He should be able to remove these memories for you.'

In Lerena: take the road S of the landing pad and run out of town heading E and S on the road leading to Grayling. A bit after the road heads SW take the small stone path that leads W up the hill to a house. Kesset the Grey is in that house.

Greet Kesset.

Kesset tells you, 'You truly wish to lose all of your memories of this?...Speak to me again in two minutes if you still wish, otherwise I suggest leaving off this quest for good.'

Two minutes later: GAME TELLS YOU Two minutes has passed [sic].

Greet Kesset.

Kesset tells you, "Very well, consider the task done.'

GAME TELLS YOU: Gained Warrior experience -xxxxxx

If you check your character page you will see that the school has been removed, along with any abilities that went with it.

Default Re: Walkthrough: Dropping a School

*note this only works on INACTIVE Schools. It is not possible (to my limited knowledge) to drop ALL adventuring schools.

-very very depressing-

Take on a new school, don't level it, drop everything else and you're only in name in an adventuring school. If you take something like monk you can pretend it's not an adventure school at all.

But why do you want to drop everything?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

cuz i dont want to hunt and i want my craft school to show when someone looks at me not warrior which i wont be leveling past 15, if i can help it.

i mean im 15 warrior..
    but..

27 blacksmith
    27 mason
    20 armorer
    18 tinker
    14 miner
    12 weaponsmith
    12 outfitter
    10 gatherer
    7 scholar
    5 alchemist
    3 jeweler
    1 fitter
    1 carpenter

id rather have those school be visable when someone looks at me then the adventure side school that i dont care about in the least.

AFAIK your Adventurer school is the only one that is displayed. The only way it is different is if you get to level 100 in a Craft school and get an emblem for that craft school, which isn't quite the same but as close as you will get. Or go the "Full Monty" and level up every single craft school to 100 to get the uber Master Crafter (sp?) emblem. I believe there are at least two people (probably more) who have reached such lofty heights!
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

If you have no adventure school at all, the UI will indeed display you current craft school when you're targetted.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    If you have no adventure school at all, the UI will indeed display you current craft school when you're targetted.
    So, the only way is to never start an adventure school ...

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Yes I think so Sigi, but I would say that would just have you as "blank" when you were selected rather than displaying your craft school. I saw a hatchie in Bristugo the other day with no rating/level at all, so I assume they had left Skalkaar Island immediately.
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Thread Information