Thread: Suits/sets of armor and jewelry

Default Suits/sets of armor and jewelry

This may have been suggested before, but nothing in the search jumped out at me. One of the big daily pains of Istarian life is the storage and swapping of armor and jewelry. When you have a few different crafts and an adventure school or two, those two categories can clog your vault up real quick. Plus, when switching from one role to another, it requires the shuffling of about 20 different pieces of equipment. It seems to me it would be extremely useful if we could group armor and jewelry into suits/sets. Ideally, it would have the following properties:

- Each suit/set would be formed by joining the discrete components together.
    - Each available slot would be optional, so that one could form a set, for example, consisting of only a necklace and rings.
    - The suit/set would be deconstructible into its original components.
    - The entire suit/set would be equippable with one command.
    - The suit/set would have a flat stack count of 1, and a bulk equal to the sum of its parts.
    - An entire suit/set can be traded/consigned as a single unit.

My suggestion on implementation would be the following: make two new player-craftable items; something like the Armor Stand and the Jewelry Box. Give them an option called "Configure Set" that works similar to the "Configure Crystals" option on socketed items. When selected, it pulls up a window something like the Equipment window. Bits of armor/jewelry can be installed/removed in this window. Ideally, the suit/set would be able to dynamically set itself to only occupy the equip slots taken up by its subcomponents, so that multiple suits/sets could be worn at once as long as they don't overlap.

The biggest conceptual change from the crystal configuration comparison would be in regard to the last property listed above: the entire suit/set should be tradeable without removing them from the 'container' item. This would make consigment of armor/jewelry much more convenient. As a result, of course, the potential buyer is going to need to be able to see everything that's in the set. That could be tricky.

Edit: And not to leave our quadruped friends out, dragon scale sets should also be included.

Default Re: Suits/sets of armor and jewelry

Quote Originally Posted by glibdud
    This may have been suggested before, but nothing in the search jumped out at me. One of the big daily pains of Istarian life is the storage and swapping of armor and jewelry. When you have a few different crafts and an adventure school or two, those two categories can clog your vault up real quick.
    I know this only answer one of your question, but for the problem of swapping all the rigth equipment on when switching role, you can make a key (in the shortcut bar) that will equip each item for the role.

I know the bar are soo needend for quick in game things. I too would love the bar to go to 15 or 20 (above 10 not been quick recall), so that I can set key for "equip combat" or "/setpref_1". But that is a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by glibdud
    make two new player-craftable items; something like the Armor Stand and the Jewelry Box. Give them an option called "Configure Set" that works similar to the "Configure Crystals" option on socketed items.
    On the first reading I had an issue with ""a flat stack count of 1"", but then hey what are the backpack poutch if not a flat stack of one. I like the idea to separate the armor stand and the jewlery box, as I do depend of the hunt/craft choose aa different set. As to ""see the content"" issue your having, this is already in the game, look at your poutch, they have an atribute that say something like "make sellable".

Now just need some issues to solve ... who make the stand (armourer/thinker) and the jewlery box (jewler/thinker). What about which tier is it make (base skill level). If each tier makes, does it only allow items from a tier below only, or less bulks when stores depending of the tier of the box
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

I'll chime in on the hotkey idea. I have an entire hotbar just for social clothing sets; the first button strips off my crafting outfit (another hotkey totally equips that) then I can quickly put on my Kirasanct Weave without laboriously dragging stuff around and having extraneous sleeves and cuffs looking horrid. Now that I don't wear them so much, I might just alter that to switch me to Blacksmith, Fitter, Hunter, etc.

The method is just to edit the hotkey, pick "Equip Item" and drag each item one at a time that you want. If you have a lot of items, you might need to click the button a few times to make sure it got all the way down the list.

This also helps with the only-equip-subset part: if you don't equip a new necklace, the old one stays on.

Now, what might be nice is having menus depend from hotkeys. So one could click the "armor" hotkey and get a drop-down list of "Crafting, Hunting, Social" for instance, and click on the one of those wanted. That would expand hotbars without cluttering up the screen even more.

A similar drop-down list could be used for a one-stack consigned armor suit to let the buyer review all the components.

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP by Aiya's pad
    100 Blacksmith/100 Fitter/45 Mason/45 Carpenter/14 Weaver/13 Enchanter
    100 Reaver/60 Ice Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nalrach
    I know this only answer one of your question, but for the problem of swapping all the rigth equipment on when switching role, you can make a key (in the shortcut bar) that will equip each item for the role.

I know the bar are soo needend for quick in game things. I too would love the bar to go to 15 or 20 (above 10 not been quick recall), so that I can set key for "equip combat" or "/setpref_1". But that is a dream.
    Yeah, that's the problem... hotkey bar space is at a premium. I used to have a bar full of equip macros, but it bit the dust a while back when I needed the space for more important things. Plus another goal I have in mind is to be able to consign an entire suit at once. I always hate consigning my old sets of jewelry and armor... I fear someone will only buy a few pieces, leaving half a set up there that won't look as attractive.

On the first reading I had an issue with ""a flat stack count of 1"", but then hey what are the backpack poutch if not a flat stack of one.
    Well, what I meant by that is that the suit/set would have a total stack count of 1, regardless of how many subparts it consists of. A bit of a stack space saver... not like the pouches, which have a stack count of 1 plus the number of stacks contained inside.

I like the idea to separate the armor stand and the jewlery box, as I do depend of the hunt/craft choose aa different set. As to ""see the content"" issue your having, this is already in the game, look at your poutch, they have an atribute that say something like "make sellable".
    Yes, but that only applies to things in your inventory and to people in your vicinity. You couldn't, for example, consign the pouch of goods and let people look at the contents, or link the pouch in Marketplace and let people peruse it (which is an entirely separate issue, but I wish we could do that, too... less form/tech spamming). On the other hand, in the case of socketed items, you can see the effect crystalsadd in the item's description. Unfortunately, you can't discern exactly what the crystal is unless you happen to know what you're looking at.

I like this idea it would be handy and convienent and not take up precious hotkey bar realestate.

I think a the armour rack should probably be a woodworking or metalworking product. Not teir based at all just have it as an arbitrary skill requirement (maybe 500) item that can fit all tiers of armour or jewelery.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Thread Information