Thread: Compilation of Confectioner issues

Default Compilation of Confectioner issues

I've decided that instead of making a wants list or any post requesting info/fixes/changes that I would instigate a thread about what we percieve as current issues with the Confectioner school. This list will not be biased and ANY issue someone sees with the school will be listed whether I or anyone else agrees with it or not.

I feel this will help with giving us an actual list to look at and contribute to rather than just giving suggestions on how we feel things should be fixed. So feel free to contribute to this list.

Please remember I'm not asking for what you want them to do to fix it nor is this the thread to further any crusades or start a debate. All I'm needing from you are the percieved problems, summerized as best you can, you see with the Confectioner school, it's resources, and formulae.

Default Re: Compilation of Confectioner issues

Resource Issues[*]Carrot only has a bonus of 1 on bonus hits[*]Sugar Cane only has a bonus of 1 on bonus hits[*]Egg only has a bonus of 5 on bonus hits[*]Salt Rock and Sugar Cane located primarily in remote Tier 2 areas but are in fact Tier 1 resources[*]Several School of <fish> nodes are too far from shore making it almost impossible to gather from them without detriment[*]Salt resources on Abandoned Island are unharvestable as many nodes are underwater[*]No culinary use for Grapes (purple/regular variety)[/list]Formulae Issues[*]Missing Journeyman and Expert formulae[*]Inconsistant scribing/crafting skill requirements for Journeyman Roasted <Meats> formulae compared to Beginner formulae (is 450 but should be 550)[/list]Product Issues[*]Death Point Reduction Times are not sufficient[*]No desire for regular foods over Ambrosia[*]Pawn Broker buy back prices have no logic or consistancy(Ex: T3 Veggie Soups sell for 99cp to a racial town PB per combine yet T3 Meat Soups sell for 72cp per combine and T3 Meat Roasts sell for 90cp per combine)[*]Inconsistancy with same tier soups in resource requirements[*]No market for regular type food stuffs due to Ambrosia[*]Ambrosia does not use the correct tier flour[/list]Technique Issues[*]No Brewing technique line[/list]Skill Issues[*]Fishing skill description is not consistant with what the skill actually does[/list]School Issues[*]Confectioner itself is incongruous with what the school really is; the school does not make candy (Festival Candies having been added later and only as an event feature - not main staples) but food stuffs and by definition a Confectioner is someone who makes and/or sells candies and other sweets[*]No other means of earning reasonable XP post 80 as all food stuff products lose much of their XP worth past this level[/list]

This is a work in progress and the lists are far from complete.

j-man foods particulary soups are not consistant in same tierie vegetable soups dont require water where the rest of the tirer soups do.

Ambrosia does not use the correct tier flour

xp is based on haveing process forms which we currently dont which makes leveling post 80 a clay only method for getting fair xp

fish mobs are somtimes too far out to be harvested

salt resources on abandoned island are unharvestabel as many nodes are underwater

Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Ruath

Most of the issues I have with confectioner are already listed but felt the need to go on record to state that I agree with the problems listed above.

I am presently a level 60+ confectioner and when I started confection it was because there WAS a market for the foods I could make, now the only market that exists is to sell Ambrosia 7 and the amount of experience gained for it does not even come close to making it a worthwhile endeavor to make it.The Essence of Blight can only be retrieved in one location and after hours of digging blghted sandstone (which I can only delete because it is no use to me) I might get 10 - 20 EoBs!

Sad!

Thread Information