Thread: Prayers from across the Ocean

Default Prayers from across the Ocean

To our friends in Great Britain--on behalf of my family, and I believe all Americans, let me say that our thoughts and prayers are with all of you today in this, your hour of fire and trial. And our heart-felt condolences go out to all families and friends who lost loved ones in the murderous attacks today.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Default Re: Prayers from across the Ocean

Yes, our thoughts are most certainly with you today.

Hear, hear.

Well said Tantalyr.
    Drasdil Redin
    100 Paladin
    Order Shard

It was a horrible attack, and being British with friends and a relative who work and commute in London the first thing I did when I heard was to try and contact them all. Of course the mobile phone networks were overloaded, but towards the end of the day I was able to breathe a sigh of relief as I caught up with each of them in turn and found out they were all ok.

Let me say something on this from a personal perspective. In the UK, we grew up with IRA bombings in many of our towns and cities, but London especially. If the terrorists who instigated this latest attack think they can force us to change then maybe they should go speak to the IRA first. Bombing didn't work for the IRA, and it certainly won't work for any other terrorist groups who consider it. Our viewpoints and way of life will not be changed by attacks on innocent people.

I truly wish I could do more than offer my condolences and sympathy to those who lost loved ones. Maybe I can... I think I'll be donating blood tomorrow to help the cause.

Thread Information