Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agenda for Community Meeting July 14th 8pm Eastern Community Channel

Default Agenda for Community Meeting July 14th 8pm Eastern Community Channel

Those who wish to gather, we will still be using the Tazoon arena for this meeting. If you have difficulties there, please feel free to just log onto the channnel. Futuremeeting places and times are on the agenda.

1. An explanation again of the procedures.. Basically, the chair has the floor and the right to pass the floor. Once the floor is given to someone else, they have and are not to be interupted until they acknowledge that they are done (either by saying "I yield the floor." or "I'm done." or something like that. At which point, the floor returns to the chair. The floor will be open only during certain times of the meeting. To be able to speak, just doa "*raises hand*" or "*raises claw*" or "*wishes to speak*" something so the chair knows you want to speak. Order of speaking will be determined by the order requests are received on the chair's screen.

At any point in a discussion, a person can make a motion to "table" the topic until the next meeting. A vote is then taken to see if the discussion continues or not. This is simply to make sure that we have a chance to get to as many topics as possible and to identify topics that require more discussion than meeting time allows.

The chair reserves the right to keep the meeting on topic. In other words, if a question is asked that is part of the later agenda, it will be brought up later in the meeting.

2. General Community Announcements, such as the Bardic Gathering...

3. World Projects Team Report. This is just the report. Any questions regarding the projects team will be redirected to the WorldProjects team channel to be answered by that team while the meeting continues.

4. Greater New-Player Assistant Team report. Again, this is just the report. Questions after the report should be directed to the New Player channel to be answered by the team while the meeting continues.

5. Events Team. Official Formation. Discussion on what the team is and who leads it. Xerses was nominated for the position, I'd like to see a final vote on that. Once the team is formed, questions will again be relayed to the Events Team channel to be answered there so that the meeting can continue.

6. New Team formation. It's still too early to officially annouce what it is. I need to be in touch with all those involved in it's formation. But more information is forthcoming.

7. Meeting times and places. It's proposed that we alternate the meetings every two weeks between 9pm Eastern on Wednesday to 8pm Eastern on Thursday. This should give us better coverage on who may attend. Another possibility is 9pm Eastern every other Thursday. Proposed meeting place is the unguarded iron field near Chiconis. Very very little lag, and a nice wide open, but out of the way place. The Chiconis Zoo is also proposed.

6. Executive appointments. We will discuss how short term positions that we find are needed between meetings will be filled.

7. If all goes well, I anticipate the above to take about a half hour. If not, topic 6 will be postponed or again brought to the boards. This leaves a half hour for open discussion. I know there's plenty of that, so we might extend an extra half hour again if we need to. :)

This agenda is not set in stone, please let me know if I'm missing anything, although I hope the General Open Forum covers most things. :)

One other side note. Due to a lot of misunderstandings of what the Enforcement Team was about, I'm tabling that for awhile until the community channel can get a little more worked out... If nothing else, it needs another name that sounds, less FBIish... Because that's not what it was supposed to be about...

See you all at the meeting. :)

Default Re: Agenda for Community Meeting July 14th 8pm Eastern Community Channel

ok DANGIT! I WILL MAKE THIS ONE AHHHHH!!! *cackles madly*

Seriously..man this better work out this time.

Oh and just for clarification - when you say the unguarded iron field in Chiconis - are you referring to what some of us call the "Chiconis Zoo" (yea way back when there use to be a zoo there) - the area to the east (east/right side) of the road before you hit the stone pillars, where there is a big square brown dirty spot and a field around it.

Just confused as I've never noticed iron there before *rofl*. Just wondering if we're talking about the same location up for discussion.

Default Re: Agenda for Community Meeting July 14th 8pm Eastern Community Channel

Well, since I workk nights during the week, I STILL won't be able to make it to the meeting.

*SIGH*
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Could conceivably specify the alternate meeting day to be on a weekend.

I note that one of the proposed meeting places was picked to be the "proposed one", even though there were several more proposed as well. What mechanism was used to narrow the field, if I may ask?

Also, I made four distinct petitions for inclusion into the meeting agenda. I note that only one of them made it on the agenda. Might I ask what criteria was used in selecting petitions for inclusion into meeting agendas?

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

I'll get an exact loc for those fields and post it so that people have a chance to visit it prior to the next meeting. Kamo I know knows where it is and can show you... It's up over the hills, past the ancient's lair, past the crafting area up the hill from that.

I was originally going for the zoo, but we also had a few suggestions to make it a little off the beaten path. There are no mobs there, unlike the other ore refinery near Chiconis and this one also has an anvil.

I'm still open to other suggestions on it, it's just always easier if we have a place to start the discussion. :)

---------

Sorry that you won't be able to make it again Imayo. :( Feel free to talk things over with people in the community channel though. That's open all the time, as are the forums. :)

Sorry, I must have posted at the same time you did Maltavorn.

Issues were :
    1) Meeting place and time: On the agenda
    2) Votes on the Forum: It was resolved on the forum. People can vote on issues and discuss issues on the forum. There are a few things still to iron out, but I think that's better to resolve with the people it most effects.
    3) Posting minutes. I have a log parser, so don't have to worry about sending a log containing private conversations to someone else. Should be able to post it within 24 hours.
    4) New Shard Herald: Zideon's decision, not mine or the community's. Although last I heard (two days ago), we still have a shard herald.

The criteria of choosing the location was simple. I looked at what people's concerns were, looked for a suggested location that met as many of the criteria as possible. Decided on a location that met all criteria. This doesn't mean it's not open to discussion, it just means that we have a starting location to talk about.

As I saw it there were only four major concerns on the location:

1) Everyone be able to get there.
    2) There not be lag issues.
    3) It be a little out of the way to avoid unintended traffic.
    4) It be safe.

4) New Shard Herald: Zideon's decision, not mine or the community's. Although last I heard (two days ago), we still have a shard herald.
    As for the lateness on a shard report, I have been dealing with a very personal RL matter since June. I explained it to Peaches, and she did let Tulga know, and as far as I am aware everything is fine.

I'm working on a new shard report now, and will hopefully have it done by the weekend, if not sooner.

-Menkure

2) Votes on the Forum: It was resolved on the forum. People can vote on issues and discuss issues on the forum. There are a few things still to iron out, but I think that's better to resolve with the people it most effects.
    We did? It was? Uhh OK! Won't hear argument there from me. Long as they can vote in both places I'm happy (er have the choice of either place to vote and have it count).

OH - ANDI move that the Discussion continue - in the meeting, about this location you are talking about versus the other (or this Location Vs. The Chiconis Zoo).

The only reason I, personally, don't want to immediately agree with the iron fields is that I feel its just going to lead to ongoing questions during the meeting "Where are you guys I can't find you?" As well as in the various chat channels before the meeting.

That location is much more complicated to find and give directions to than just off the road down from the portal. And hatchlings/bipeds won't necessarily know where "the ancient's lair" is or that there is even a craft area beyond it! *ha* (heck I'm not sure I knew of it but the iron may have moved since I crafted iron)

We've had several events in the "zoo" location before and none of them were really a problem for "interruptions" by passerbys.

However if it is decided that people don't mind spamming the directions or having the question "Where are you guys I can't get up there" spammed, or having to continously lead people to this location - then hey I'm all for it.

That would be my only concern, so please keep it as being discussed on the agenda - I hope to be there to voice these concerns myself, and argue for the Zoo (or any other place the fits the criteria and is easier found) over this suggestion here. That is merely my stance.

OH and please Add to the Agenda (if this is where that would be addresed). Annoucements for Events? I for one have at least one event I need to annouce :).

Announcements for Events, fall under the events Team... Just let Xerses or Allon know. :)

Also you will notice that the discussion IS open on where to have the next meeting. I just wanted a starting point and that fit all the critia that people had suggested.

I suggest using groups to help people find it, rather than using the channels. Much easier.

Ok, made some changes to the agenda that make my last post obsolete, but why bother undoing it... Easier to post this...

Added Community Announcements.
    Added a new team to be voted on.
    Gave more options for time and place.
    Clarified an item that had been dropped from previous agendas.

Still open for changes. :) Just let me know. Post, PM, or /tell I don't care. :)

</Quote> Could conceivably specify the alternate meeting day to be on a weekend. </Quote>

That would help immensely. At least then I would be able to make half of the meetings instead of none of them.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Bump!

The meeting's tomorrow. See you all there. :)

Draxxis

Draxxis has a short speech he'd like to make.

Cygnusia

I would really like to be there, but I have no idea how to go about getting there. If you can give me a /loc I can bumble my way there...

Just go to the South Tazoon port pad and head out the gates to the left to the colesium and have a seat when it comes to around 8pm EST.
    Xerses 100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragon Crafter
    28 million hoard and counting...
    Yamir Onimar 100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 84 Druid / 37 Mage

The meeting is tonight. :) Please help me put the word out through the channels if you're on during the day. I have to rush home from work to be able to make it in time.

I don't have confirmation yet on if TG will even be present, but I am still hoping. :)

amazingly enough....unbelievable...

Today's my mother's birthday!!! *gasp*

Now, normally she doesn't want a stink and as far as I know she doesnt' want to do anything or even go out to dinner.

So odds are I'll be there just in time for the meeting (possibly a few minutes before to make annoucements but..possibly just right on time).

BUT there is the chance I"ll be late...if I am...uhh...well I"ll be there when I'm there :).

I don't THINK I'll be late, but just in case I didn't want some of you sitting around going "Hey....where is she?!!" :)

But...still shooting for 7CST :) - I get off work at 5 today so as long as nothing about mom's b'day crops up, I'll be able to get home and eat dinner with about 15 min. to spare (yea that's why I voted for the meeting to move up an hour...lol..sometimes I work as late as six...esp. during the school year coming up).

Well today's a rush for me too. I normally get off at five, but this is the last day before a big Guard event (80 couples for marriage enhancement training, two days at a nice hotel etc...) I plan on being online not too long before six Mountain.

At least next week is my vacation. :)

Do you have a backup in case you are unexpectedly detained/delayed?

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Plink will be there. Whether or not the person who normally controls Plink is there.

Thread Information