Thread: Some news for dragon crafters.

Default Some news for dragon crafters.

I won't delve into the parts of a discussion on IRC with David Bowman earlier that are still at the "maybe" point of the development process, however I would like to share some news with you all that has made me rather happy!

[21:24] <Entilzah> David, might I ask if any final decision has been made regarding dragons, lairshaping, and whether it will be added as a skill to Dragon Crafter or a whole new school opened up to dragons for lair crafting that will allow them their first taste of multi-schooling?

[21:25] <David-BTContinues> Entilzah: lair shaping is a school... it has its own skill for lairshaping. Dragons will have to advance in that school for the ability to do higher tier additions to their lairs.
    I hope this appeals to everyone else as much as it does to myself. We all know that bipeds get the better deal what with schools like Weaver giving higher dexterity gains per level, Fitter / Mason offering the top strength gains, and so on. Now dragons are set to get their first taste of multi-schooling, and an opportunity for higher statistic gains per level than those offered by Dragon Adventurer or Dragon Crafter schools, and of course the potential for higher skill gains in certain resource processing / gathering skills too. [:D]

Take care,

Entilzah

Default Re: Some news for dragon crafters.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but weren't dragons able to multi-class in Beta, and thus this would be somewhat a return to that and not a 'first taste'?
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Can't wait to try it out.

But somehow I doubt we will get any kind of stat gain from lairshaping. Just the skill itself.

woohoo another 100 lvls of grinding a craft class.. hah

ok so i dont really care much for dragon crafting, ie crafting in general. i did 100 lvls of it anyway.

this actually doesnt dissapoint me, itll give me something else to EARN. i dont want my lair given to me just because i can craft tier 5 scales etc...

This page intentionally left blank.

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

As long as I can level lairshaping without repeatedly building and destroying something in a lair, I'm happy [:)]

:: peeks in ::

Laircrafting as a school. Will it have the similar property of a construction class? That of grinding dragon "tools" to level laircrafting skill?
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

If lairshaping will be anything like biped construction schools (masonry, carpentry, weaving, fitting and enchanting) then (1) dragons will be able to gain levels in it from processing slabs/ore/essence, making and deconstructing items, and applying construction items to their lairs, and (2) if you already have a high crafting level then you will be able to quickly gain lairshaping levels by digging and processing the highest level stone/metal/essence you can do, and making/deconstructing items with them.

For example, my main character is a biped multi-crafter. I took him to 100 blacksmith and 87 miner, and at level 66 fitting I can easily gain another level or two of fitting just by processing a diskload of mithril ore into bars, then using those bars to make and deconstruct tools. From prior observation, I would guess that I could go from level 1 fitting to level 20 in under a couple of hours just working mithril.

So, if lairshaping will indeed work like biped construction classes, I think it likely that high level dragon crafters will easily and quickly gain lairshaping levels.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Hrmmm..

I am ambivalent about it.

Yes, we get to advance in another school, and it will be our first taste of multiclassing in RELEASE.

The problem for me is I have over 100 million XP above L100 that I could have applied to another school already, but can't.

If it allows for crossover finishing skills (doesn't make sense to make scale/spells to level lairshaping, though), then it will be at 100 in a few days. If it only allows for crossover refining skills (which it will have to, if it is to be like a construction class), then it will take maybe a week or two.

I don't expect that there will be any market for Lairshapers, just as there is no market for spells/scales amongst Dragons now. Most all Dragons will cap the class in short order.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

I don't expect there to be a market for Lairshaping either, unless the school is so odious to level that almost noone wants to level.

That's why I said I hope that I can get XP for something other than working on my own plot. As long as we can grind making bricks/bars/construction resources, I'm fine. I don't expect to see us grinding laircraft by making scales or spells. Transmutation, maybe, but that isn't an effective way to level. Then again, Lairshaping may be radically different than biped construction craft, though I doubt it will be.

Oh, and really, if you're optimal at smelting mithril and T5 metal tools, lvl 1-20 fitter should be about 15 minutes, maybe 30 minutes if you don't have the metalworking. Each bar is about 160xp, and another 300xp or so for each bar consumed when making and deconning tools, if you've got metalworking. So it takes one bar to hit level 2, and you'll probably be in your teens before you finish smelting your first load of mithril. If you've got lvl 100 crafting in another school, I recommend dragging a marble tarbash compact disc, as it will more than double your capacity, and only caps your speed at 50.

Thread Information