Thread: Hello!

Aelyn Dreamrider

Default Hello!

Hi guys. I'm playing on chaos. Learning to die, craft find things etc.Feel free to say hi if you run into me on the game. So far the only problem I'm having is locating better tools. Maybe someone can help me there. Thanks!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Hello!

Welcome to Istaria, Aelyn. I'm on Order shard, personally, but nonetheless wanted to extend a warm greeting.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Shoot me a tell and I'll log on my tool guy -- I am usually playing Chuang. And if you need a good guild, just let us know too : )

Welcome to Chaos!

Aelyn Dreamrider

Hi C`gan

Still don't understand the differences between the shards. I'm learning slowly but having a lot of fun doing it.

Aelyn Dreamrider

Thanks arseovrteakettl I'll check with you next time I'm on! That's a great name btw, and 4 characters, you must have been playing awhile. I'm still new at this but learning.

The thing with shards is actually quite simple... each one is its own self-contained world. People on one shard can only interact in-game with other people on that shard, and any changes they make to the world (buildings, etc) affect only their shard.
    kitty: 48 Mage 22 Healer + others
    80 MIN 65 GTH 69 TNK 70 MSN 55 SPL
    41 BLK 41 SCH 47 CRP 38 JWL + others
    dragon: 91 adv, 100 craft, 22 lair
    elf: 49 ELAR, 31 Healer, 51 Fitter + others

And Order has a Greater New-Player Assistance Team (GNAT) that makes sure the New Brommel consignor is well stocked and the New Player channel has experienced players in it to help out...

And Chaos... Is Chaos... :p :p :p

Couldn't pass that up.

Welcome to the world of Chaos! To answer your question about the difference between shards I'll quote myself from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    Well, I play primarily on Chaos but have spent stints on Order and other than world structures, economy, and a bit of roleplaying there isn't a whole lot different. Both shards are chock FULL of wonderful people just as both shards have their not-so-wonderful people (nowhere near as many of these). Roleplaying isn't non-existant on Chaos there is just less of it and it is a bit more laid back.
    So basically the summerized answer is, not a whole lot. ;) But of course, Chaos is the best of the two! :P

Aelyn Dreamrider

Thanks Sarpedos!

Aelyn Dreamrider

Thanks Tokoz! I actually solved my problem by using my beginner lore tokens to buy the formulas and making my own tools.

Aelyn Dreamrider

Thanks Snowdonia! I really like chaos too.I'm learning more about the game because I play almost every day.

Aelyn, welcome to Chaos!

We have many people that would be glad to assist you, feel free to send me a tell.
    You can also send Hratli a tell and ask him to beat a level 100 mob to death, with his bare hands, while butt naked. He'd do it for you.

-12-
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Aelyn Dreamrider

Hi Twelvebagger,

I'm starting to feel really at home here.

Aelyn

Hahaha... I will be happy to do as 12 said, simply because I can now :)

Welcome to our Home! Fruitcakes and all!

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Aelyn Dreamrider

Hi Hratli,

Wow I'm impressed I'm still fighting level 10. I reallyenjoy crafting better but I like it all. Can't wait to see how far I can get.

Aelyn

Hah... No worries, I am a crafter at heart. I only took an adventuring class so that I could craft better/safer. :) It's a Shard joke, because as a crafter/disciple I just about always hunt buck nekkid or in cargo gear. I don't do all that much damage, but I do the same damage with or without weapons, so it's not uncommon for me to beat the snot out of monsters with whatever I have in hand: buckets, flaming board Planes, fishing poles, bags of rocks, etc. If they would let me equip a fish I would so totally use one as a weapon.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Quote Originally Posted by HratLi
    If they would let me equip a fish I would so totally use one as a weapon.

-HratLi
    You crack me up man!

Sign my petition in suggestions. [8o|]
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Thread Information