Thread: Y'all are being quoted

Default Y'all are being quoted

...at mmorpg.com. Just thought you might want to know it, so you can participate in any discussion that occurs over there.

This is from this thread over there.

Originally posted by anarchyart

Anyways thanks for the post, it's nice to hear from someone who played Horizons in its heyday and isn't completely jaded.

I just started Horizons really and am loving it. I'll find out more in the future to be sure about what it lacks and does not. Enjoy WoW, it really is a special game which I enjoyed for a long time. I don't know what they have added since you left so I can't sell you on why to return to Horizons. All I can say is for people who haven't tried it, try the free trial. No matter what, you will be suprised.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Just because you got bored with Wow doesn't mean it is boring. Many poeple quit WoW already, cos it's NOT their game, however, 3.5 million are STILL playing. The reason people quit WoW is not the same as those that left HZ. You think it's just your opinion Vs mine right?

Well here are some quotes for you, from some elder HZ gamers, manySTILL playing, most ofwhom started when I did, and are/were far bigger fans than I. Perhaps it will give you an idea what I mean.

The problem is that Horizons is just a shell of a game. They built a humongous framework for something really cool, built it using shoddy materials and inadequate practices, tacked up some plywood to give it form via a facade, realized that they couldn't even come close to fleshing it out, opened it up to the public, and pretended that no one would notice. Pieces of the framework collapsed, they propped it up; some of the plywood fell off, and they nailed up more. They continued to try and flesh it out some more, but the framework proved time and time again that it could not hold up under the load of the real weight of their designs.

Pharcellus

read the whole thread here: http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=81532

What brought us to the game in the beginning, is not generally what keeps us here now. For many it was the promise of dynamically interacting with the world and making our mark on it. To a large degree we have received that promis, just not like we expected. We have plots, and whole towns that we have built from scratch. This is a good part of that promise. But we still have yet to push back any blight. We have freed 2 races, but the Satyr islands are still blighted, and dryads have no home. It seems that the "vision" for the game has changed with the developers. Clearly define what this game is heading towards. Is dynamic blight and pushing it back STILL in the plan? Will we ever see the eastern continent opened up? Can the WA be defeated in any meaningful way? What can we expect?

Aamer Khan

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=82177

To me and many others, we have stuck around for this last year giving feed back, and support to HZ because we saw the potential, and wanted to see it realized. But too many have lost their patience and moved on to other games or endevours. If your successful with bringing in a ton of new players, then for the first 20 levels or so, will be a haven for them. But once more, after that, the game abruptly changes and now the feel and future for them changes. I am afraid that this will not only lead to players that get jaded way to early, but also negative publicity that may prevent the constant influx of new player you need.

Aamer Khan

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=77598

From the thread:If you could have made Horizons for yourself, what would you have done different ?

The capital sin of Horizons is not being released too soon, nor being bugged.
    Playing WoW Isee (as programmer) several "sore spots", lag sometimes is far worse and deadly than on Horizons, there are some nasty bugs.

The difference is just this: WoW is limited in its scope but fun, interesting, easy to learn but long to master (expecially some parts).
    Horizons is a very futuristic technology wrapped in a less than mediocreimplementation and awful, repetitive, boring, grinding orientedcontent. The latest entries in the listbeing the ultimate game killer.

Vahrokh

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=59055

and finally;

Hunting in Horizons is purposeless really other than to get money, level up, or not die while crafting. The loot on named helps a bit, but even then its not the same.

PJ

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=54234

Default Re: Y'all are being quoted

LOL, I just took a look at that thread. Even though I sometimes post over there (and even in that thread), I've come to the conclusion that those forums are a joke at best, and a cesspool at worst.

Anyone who posts anything remotely supportive of the game is almost instantly pounced upon by the resident trolls, who drag the thread down to their level. And, like any mommy's-basement-dwelling troll, if someone responds to their posts, they feel obligated to fire right back with something, anything, that will keep the flames burning.

And the mods over there? Pfft.

I've given up with that place. If people ask questions like "Is this game worth it?" or "Is this game fun?" I post a message suggesting they come here, where they can get a troll-free impression from people who actually play the game.

Yep...

As usual, the dozers of the world, have nothing better to do but quote out of context.

As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

G & u usd BIG words n evrythndue u thnk they unerstud?

We might want to cut back on the hyperbole a bit, it seems little pitchers have big ears.

Edit: well that should teach me. Should, but I doubt it will [:D]. I went to the thread, and it's actually pretty good. Some posts well written, and interesting.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Thanks for going over there guys. That's what I was hoping you'd do.

I realize it's a bit of a byway, but since HZ has some visibility over there right now, seems like a good idea to keep the trolls from running the HZ forums over there : )

so whenever you feel like kind of dropping in over there your contributions will be most apprciated : )

Yes Arse, every game needs its judas goat to lead players into the darkness. [:P]

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Thalak

Don't feed trolls.

Yeah, I've been following that site for some time - mainly I was following the Mourning thread and Horizons boards. One long time poster of VN Boards - Horizons (who was basically told they weren't welcome there anymore) made MMO their new home.

I've not posted there much - mainly because I don't like to feed trolls. But I do follow what is said about Horizons and have felt it is defended well enough.

Bulgrim
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

Quote this suckers!

Spiggot!
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgrim StoneCleaver
    Yeah, I've been following that site for some time - mainly I was following the Mourning thread and Horizons boards. One long time poster of VN Boards - Horizons (who was basically told they weren't welcome there anymore) made MMO their new home.

I've not posted there much - mainly because I don't like to feed trolls. But I do follow what is said about Horizons and have felt it is defended well enough.

Bulgrim
    Aye, it's a shame the peoplethat run mmorpg.comdon't see that that particular ex-VN poster has serious issues and does nothing but troll, flame, and beat dead horses. I suppose the mods over there just don't have the stones to put a stop to it, or don't care.

Either way. The kind of behavior that ex-VN poster displays, and the fact that the mods over there can't/won't do anything about it,makes mmorpg.com look bad.

You want a hoot? I got a warning on my account there for reporting him. Figure that one out.

/waves to loozer

Quote Originally Posted by JDexter
    You want a hoot? I got a warning on my account there for reporting him. Figure that one out....
    You aren't the only one.

Like I said, the mods over there either don't have the stones to put a stop to it, or don't care. My guess is both.

*shrug*

We weren't quoted out of context; the link to the threads the quoted comments appeared in was provided as well, so anyone questioning the context could go and read the whole thread.

Anyway, I don't see a need to go over there and dirty the water any more than it is already. Everyone knows that D0zer's posts are nothing but hollow, empty shells of points that, if they had any validity, it was long, long ago.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

I meant out of context to our perspectives as a whole. Of course it was in context to the posters argument, since he was using it to validate he viewpoint.

When a poster only mentions comments that seem to support their argument, without making clear that the quoted player does not agree with them, it is clearly out of context.

Should we conclude that one posters entire view can be summed up in one thread?
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Hey never heard of that place. Want me to go over there and take care of it? I'm pretty good at that sort of thing, :)

Jayne

I didn't get the impression he was trying to color the authors of those quotes at all; merely pointing out that, for at least those issues, the authors had said things that parallelled his own words.

I say this mainly because he not only provided links to the entire threads to verify context, but people could also search on our names that he posted, so they can verify what our overall views were.

A poster's entire view on all things cannot be summed up by quoting one thread, but their view on one thing can.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Thread Information