Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blight Patch Notes - 7/27/05

Default Blight Patch Notes - 7/27/05

The following updates, fixes and additions will be added to the Blight shard on July 27th, 2005.

Please note this is update 1 of 2 that will be going to Blight this week

There is a buzz in Dalimond as the townsfolk greet a new arrival. Solistan, an Imperial Recognition Officer, was recently dispatched from Tazoon, and has just completed his journey. Many people are curious as to what has brought him to their town on the Vandus March.

Created Armor and Weapon Dye Kits. Once these kits are crafted, they can be dragged onto pre-crafted items in order to change their color. The formulas for Beginner and Journeyman Armor Dye Kits can be obtained from Sshranu the Alchemist Trainer in Sslanis. Expert Armor and Weapon Dye Kits will be dropped as monster loot.

Blighted Essence has been added to all Withered Aegis monsters, and can be used to construct Blighted Orbs. These Blighted Orbs can then be used to construct Blight Cores.

Expert Metal Bar "Mithril Bar" requirements have been changed to take Platinum Ore instead of Cobalt Ore, in addition platinum nodes will be found in small numbers in the Mithril Canyon. We are still testing this the ramifications of this change.[*]Added Ground Emerald as an ingredient to make Expert Alchemical Dye: Blood Dye as it mistakenly only called for one type of Ground Gem.[*]Bonus resources on Carrots, Eggs and Sugar Cane increased.[*]Spirit of the Northlands is now removable and will also no longer be dispelled by Detox, Cleanse, etc.[*]Blighted Essence Leather Gloves now use only the Tailoring Skill and Ingenuity for deconstruction.[*]Refurbished Weapons and Armor have been added to the loot tables of Tier 1 indigenous monsters.[*]All Handwrap formulas should now filter correctly under the Weapon Filter instead of the Armor Filter in the Formula Book[*]Blighted Fine Mithril Bastard Sword can now be deconstructed.[*]Banish Armor will no longer conflict with Rust, Lesser Armor, etc.[*]?Ancient Clothing? quest will now properly give out 3 Quickstep II potions.[*]Added better directions to the ruins for the ?Ancient Clothing? quest.[*]Corrected Balit's dialogue you see after completing the fourth quest.[*]Anti-Lycanthropy Salve now has a 5 minute timer.[*]Trial Anti-Lycanthropy Salve now has a 10 minute timer.[*]Aura of Light now grants increased damage versus the undead 100% of the time.[*]Corrected the description of the Statistic: Toughening technique to display the proper craft requirements.[*]Fixed minor grammatical error in Kiva's response in the ?Replace the Lost Mushrooms? quest.[*]Blighted Fine Yew Staff and Blighted Yew Staff icons corrected.[*]The ?Smooooth!? augmentation will no longer display a pink no-asset box.[*]Scale of the following mother lode nodes corrected:[*]Adamantium[*]Cobalt[*]Gold[*]Iron[*]Mithril[*]Nickel[*]Platinum[*]Silver[/list][*]Updated the Tier 1 Trophy Hunter quests that called for various Crawler Thoraxes to be more specific and call for either Forest or Jungle rather than both.[*]Corrected Dragon Trainer Drouk's conversation so he isn't mute.[*]Fixed ?Tinkerer Task: Salvage 10 Gold Bars? so that it does not refer to silver.[*]Additional nickel veins can be found with the cobalt outside of Dralk.[*]Brown Breeder Spider Sac is now known as Crawler Poison Sac.[*]Jeweler quest ?Craft 2 Bronze Strength Rings? text corrected so it isn't duplicated.[*]Outfitter quest ?Craft 2 Flaxen Cloth Belts? text corrected so it isn't duplicated.[*]Trophy Hunters will now accept Brighter Spider Thoraxes and Frost Ogre Bludgeoners between levels 25 and 29.[*]Updated "Go Bag 5 Wild Grulet Tusks" to refer to Wild Grulets instead of just Grulets.[*]Updated "Go Bag 5 Wild Gruok Tusks" to refer to Wild Gruoks instead of just Gruoks.[*]Updated "Go Bag 5 Forest or Jungle Crawler Thoraxes" was really only looking for Forest Crawler Thoraxes. This quest has now been setup to ask for and look for specifically Forest Crawler Thoraxes ONLY.[*]Grulet and Gruok Tusks are now known as Wild Gruok and Grulet Tusks.[*]Saris Manor House will now require 50 Oak Timbers instead of 50 Oak Boards and will also use Carpentry instead of Woodworking.[*]Gruoks and Grulets on New Trismus replaced with Wild Gruoks/Grulets of the same level and concentration.[*]?Dragon's Reach II: Kill 30 Ferocious Gruoks? will now count any Ferocious Gruok, Sow, Grulet and even Squidgy.[*]Ferocious Gruok spawns rebalanced and the numbers reduced.[*]Adjusted the skeleton spawns near the Stone Circle on Lesser Aradoth. More Raiders and Marauders level 10 and below will be found there, and fewer Templars and Mages.[*]Cherub's Song now uses the Life skill and will should hit more often.[*]Flame Beetle Carapace now properly lists ?Defense: Armor IV? and ?Craft: Stoneworking IV? in its description.[*]Increased the drop rate of Wraith Ectoplasm on T4 and T5 Wraiths.[*]Fishing V is now available as a lootable technique.[*]Icons on the following items corrected:[*]Kwellen Flame Cinder[*]Mighty Aegror Pus Packet[*]Veteran Aegror Engorged Pus Packet[*]Veteran Abomination Chest Skull[*]Zombie Werewolf Skull[*]Mighty Zombie Spleen[*]Veteran Skeleton Sternum[*]Zombie Ogre Toe[*]Blue Vexator Fringe[*]Red Vexator Fringe[*]Green Vexator Fringe[*]Purple Vexator Fringe[*]Blue Necrofly Wing[*]Brown Necrofly Wing[*]Grey Necrofly Wing[*]Green Necrofly Wing[*]Purple Necrofly Wing[*]Red Necrofly Wing[*]Kwellen Blight Aura[*]Elite Blight Bindings[*]Veteran Blight Bindings[*]Greater Blight Bindings[*]Mighty Blight Bindings[*]Hardened Fyakki Chitin[*]Enduring Fyakki Chitin[*]Indestructable Fyakki Chitin[/list][*]Additional Fitter crafting tasks added:[*]Level 20: ?Craft 1 Iron Construction Sheet? and ?Craft 1 Silver Construction Sheet?[*]Level 40: ?Craft 1 Gold Construction Sheet? and ?Craft 1 Steel Construction Sheet?[*]Level 60: ?Craft 1 Cobalt Construction Sheet? and ?Craft 1 Platinum Construction Sheet?[/list][*]Journeyman Ambrosia will now require the proper resources and skill level for making Ambrosia 1, 2 and 3[/list]
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Patch Notes - 7/27/05

Platinum and Mithril to make Mithril Bars? This keeps getting better all the time.

I have a suggestion for you folks at Tulga Games. If you want to keep your player base quit messing around with the metal formulas.

Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

Real good changes and fixes there :)
    Looking forward to see them getting live :p

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    [*]Corrected the description of the Statistic: Toughening technique to display the proper craft requirements.
    Be advised, this tech also adds to the Armor Use requirement on any item it is placed. Seeing this tech is no better than any Bounty tech out there, this extraneous AU requirement boost should be removed. The same is true for Spirit Webbing; it just is not a good enough tech to be worth the 25 AU boost an item with this tech placed upon it incurs.

Thanks for the Fishing V tech and the resource bonus corrections. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Expert Metal Bar "Mithril Bar" requirements have been changed to take Platinum Ore instead of Cobalt Ore, in addition platinum nodes will be found in small numbers in the Mithril Canyon. We are still testing this the ramifications of this change.
    I really wonder why things have to be changed like this...
    Why not change all metal to be like bronze and like mithril is right now...
    Just a simple 1 type of ore for each bar...
    Why not decrease xp given per crafted baras a substitute?

Just my 2c... [:)]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

They always said it was going to change, but mith/plat is not hard or tedius at all. Mithril/cobalt is.

The problem is they alllowed mithril to be made easily for such a long time. If they keep this change it is in effect giving into complaints because creating a mithril/platinum bar doesn't hold the same time consumtion as creating cobalt for mithril bars, especially when they place them in the same field.

You can't make resource creation too easy in a game where most items in circulation are player created. The same time consumtion a person would experience in farming dropped loot has to be somehow applyed in creating through tradeskills.

I still say it should be a 50/50% path and the golems would drop the secondary resources needed to create items, rather than revisiting previous tiers.

Gotta love it...

The Dev hump their butts to get this patch made, bring in stuff to make the GAME better, fix things etc and ya hear it seems are the self-centered few whining about mithril. They need to call 1-800- WAA-AAAAH

Good job Devs, keep it coming.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Maybe I'm missing something Kwinn but I see no real difference in requiring plat or cobalt in making a mith bar, do you? To be brutally honest with you I have no need ever smelt another mith bar in my life if I so chose (I have more than 350,000 mithril bars in my vault). Many of those people that rail so adamantly against this change dont do it for themselves, but they do it for those that haven't reached the level of mithril yet.

Things I do see and am thankful for:

1.) The return of Fishing 5 to the mob loot tables.

Things I also dont see on the above list:

1.) are missing forms for certain classes,
    2.) The Jman Fungal cap form (but we have had the Jman fungal caps in game for 6 weeks now that you can gather),
    3.) I dont see a single use of any of the new fungi that were introduced in Jun 05,
    4.) Its now been 6 FULL weeks since the introduction of the ability to make certainbeginner level items and get expert levelexperience,
    5.) The Blood dye should use something other than Ground Emeralds because at current Ground Fire Opals are only needed in 2 recipies, Ground Peridot are only needed in 2 recipies but Ground Emeralds are already needed in 3, if your looking for 'balance' then you should use Ground Peridot instead.
    (more coming later)
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Can't beleieve they're still going through with the mithiril change. Guess they didn't like those returning subs.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

i hope the second part has some ancient rop stuff

I don't understand how using platinum instead of cobalt changes anything. So, instead of a mithril field with some cobalt nodes, and having to alloy mithril ore with cobalt ore to get mithril bars, we now get a mithril field with some platinum nodes, and have to alloy mithril ore with platinum ore to get mithril bars. [:S]

Also, several questions. What is this anti-lycanthropy stuff used for? When we will get the ability to dye weapons at crafting? With the dye kits rolled out, that ability shouldn't be too hard to add.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Looking forward to this patch going live!

Keep it coming guys!!!
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Platinium is better then cobalt to alloy with mithril. They will have plat nodes in with the mithril and there is a separate platinum field not all that far from Last Stand.

I can live with it.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

...still waiting for the area breath of fire attack.......

Mith bars were always way to easy I felt like I was making bronze bars with making the recipe more complex it will now make it harder and making it feellike it truly is a t5 metal bar rather than bronze

[Y]
    In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

I don't understand how using platinum instead of cobalt changes anything. So, instead of a mithril field with some cobalt nodes, and having to alloy mithril ore with cobalt ore to get mithril bars, we now get a mithril field with some platinum nodes, and have to alloy mithril ore with platinum ore to get mithril bars. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-7.gif[/img]
    Possibly your out of the loop. To create cobalt you need tier 3 bars that in turn need tier 2 bars to create them. Get the picture?

PLatinum however is just platinum, you don't need gold to create it. Not to mention it will be palced close to the mithril.

Your faced with doing cobalt and having to run around to all previous tier areas just to make a few tier 5 stuff, orusing platinum and beingable to stay within the tier 5 mithril area while creating the bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia
    Mith bars were always way to easy I felt like I was making bronze bars with making the recipe more complex it will now make it harder and making it feellike it truly is a t5 metal bar rather than bronze
    So I guess your immune to Mherdon, he killed me just the other day. Guess your immune to the other golems that seem to pop 4 at a time just far enough behind me my 3rd person camera view doesn't see them but just in their effective combat range. If it were as easy as bronze bars a 1st level adventure 100th level crafter could do it. But death would occur way too often to make it feasible. Now if the field were unprotected, then yes you would be correct.

As is, it is convenient having the smelters close. But easy....NO.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia
    In this I dont agree Blue Hasia...
    Mithril Bars were never way to easy...
    They are just as "easy" as Bricks, Orbs, gems, fabric, ect, ect, ect.
    1 type of item converted into 1 type of produced item...
    The real fact is that Metal has been TO "difficult" or better said time consumingin the past...
    Tier 1 and 2 were like all other resources gathered...
    Tier 3 came with Iron and Nickle which is more work then before...
    Tier 4 requires Iron, Nickle and Cobalt ore (which "thank the gods" is gonna change)...
    Tier 5 was simular to tier 1 and 2 just like the other resources you are able to gather...

Because of the big mistake made with Tier 4 ppl are now quite annoyed T5 is made more difficult which is, when thinking about it logically quite understandeble...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

AWESOME! Icons for all the cool comps I collect....YES

Keep it coming Dev's everything looks GRRRRREAT to me!

Jayne

Thread Information