Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Blight Patch Notes - 7/27/05

Default Re: Blight Patch Notes - 7/27/05

That would be a very interesting ability to add to gatherer and miner. An active school only ability that adds say 10% xp for processing resources.

I would still like to see the T6 gathering abilities removed from everyone but Miners, Gatherers, and Dragon Crafters. Otherwise T6 will mean nothing to the masses of maxed out multi-crafters players except another pool of xp waiting to be reaped on the path to lvl 120.

Drev

imported_Zayin

I think all Tier V resources should be 3 per at opt.Tier V is supposed be more difficult after all.

They probably are making mithril harder because people can easily grind out COIN once optimal on mith bars by selling tools weapons armorscales whatever to the Tier5 pawn broker at the Mithril.

That had to have been a big factor.

kinda funny if you think about it :)

NimKhazad
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Anyway....

From Smeglor in a Discussions Thread on Crafting:

[quoteuser="Smeglor"]This seems like a perfect opportunity for me to introduce an upcoming change.

Through discussions in the focus groups and IRC, we've decided to add the concept of"primary skills" to crafting schools. This means that for each crafting school, certain skills taught by that school are considered "primary". Only crafting with primary skillsgive experience. For the most part, the primary skills for each school are obvious - there will be a full outline later - but two of the most noticable changes will be that only Miners and Gatherers will get experience for refining resources and the only schools that will get experience for making tools are Blacksmiths (metal and wood)and Scholars (stone).

I want to clearly state that this change will coincide with increases to experience gains for making items as well as applying construction resources to structures. The increases will more than make up for "lost" experience that would have been gained from refining resources, so in the end crafters will gain levels more quickly than they do now. That is, they will gain levels more quickly when making their school's items at their current skill level than they do now.

I also want to clarify this system has no effect on adventure schools whatsoever.

This change will largely eliminate what I call "bootstrapping" of craft schools, where skills which exist in more than one school (i.e. metalworking) are used for rapid gaining of levels once one such school is at a high level. It may also liven up the processed resource market.

I don't have an ETA for this going to Blight right now. The system itself isdeveloped and working, but there is a lot of work to be done to adjust experience amounts properly. [/quote]

So, can we stop the angst/grief over mithril changes? There's more to it - as we now see.

Bulgrim
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

sounds good, but Im not gonna stop the so called angst/grief, because it clearly forced a more thought out plan of attack.

Thanks Bulgrim! Keep up the good work
    The proposed changelooks interesting

NimKhazad
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Thread Information