Thread: Lag reducing fix for Pekka Map Pack 2.9

Drakul

Default Lag reducing fix for Pekka Map Pack 2.9

Found a lil insight on a way to reduce some lag with Pekka's Map Pack... It seems when Pekka made some of the maps they was saved and done in *.jpg format. If you convert these jpegs to *.png .. and change the Map_*_terrain.defs to load the pngs rather then the jpegs .. this will reduce alot of lag with the map. How ever after converting everything over etc.. I did manage to conduct a lil test with this info .. Lag does still exsists when you select Istaria. I believe thi is due to the amount of markers on the map. If you was to consolidate down some of the markers .. this would also probably reduce a good amount of lag.

Above method can also be used if you rather use the defualt map TG gives rather then the custom in Pekka Pack =)

I would make my changes avialable for thos that wish to use what i already changed .. But atm i dont have an installer rdy or a place to host the files.

Hope this helps the many that still use the Map Pack.. All credits to Pekka and team that created it =) G/j all =)

Cynekul

Default Re: Lag reducing fix for Pekka Map Pack 2.9

Can you explain more how to do this, that map pak lags me really badly.

Originally when I made the maps for Pekka's pack 2.6 I used png's of 512x512 and 768x768.
    Pekka said he had a lot of lag with those maps so he converted them to jpg for version 2.8, lag was much better after that.
    SO basicly it's my bloody fault that the map pack lags so bad, I never bothered to compress the files[:$]

Anyway, Now that I am back full time in Istaria I will make new maps for the map pack, this time including the new islands and trandalar on the same map.
    Maybe even a map of the Rift.
    I think ill make a 256x256 version too this time. Seems to work very well for Tulga's own maps.
    I'll compress them this time, I promise [:P]
    I'll ask pekka to recompile the map pack to contain the new maps when I'm done.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Would it be possible for the known lair locations to be a layer?

Thansk,

Devast

Thread Information