Thread: Questions about housing ownership and access

Default Questions about housing ownership and access

I don't know anything about how the housing system works in Horizons as I can't afford to buy a plot of land as yet, so I apologise in advance about all these questions concerning housing.

1. So my character buys a plot of land and erects a simple tent for storage purposes. If I have other characters on my account and they play on the same server, do they have automatic access to the plot of land and any items in storage, or do they have to be granted access by the owner?

2. Do my secondary characters have access to any items stored in a house by my main character and vice versa?

3. If my character, who bought the plot of land, were deleted, what happens to the plot of land and any buildings on it? Does the plot of land immediately revert to For Sale and the buildings on it stay or vanish?

4. Can ownership of the land be transferred to another character on my account, or does the title stay always with the character who bought it?

Default Re: Questions about housing ownership and access

Quote Originally Posted by Lascivious Goat
    I don't know anything about how the housing system works in Horizons as I can't afford to buy a plot of land as yet, so I apologise in advance about all these questions concerning housing.

1. So my character buys a plot of land and erects a simple tent for storage purposes. If I have other characters on my account and they play on the same server, do they have automatic access to the plot of land and any items in storage, or do they have to be granted access by the owner?

2. Do my secondary characters have access to any items stored in a house by my main character and vice versa?

3. If my character, who bought the plot of land, were deleted, what happens to the plot of land and any buildings on it? Does the plot of land immediately revert to For Sale and the buildings on it stay or vanish?

4. Can ownership of the land be transferred to another character on my account, or does the title stay always with the character who bought it?
    1. You can restrict access for entering your plot area and you can restrict access to other players... Or give permission on both accounts of course...
    I believe you have the options to Deny all, Permit all, or work with Guild only and friend list in order to allow others access to your plot...

2. See answer no.1, it all depends on the permission you give other players or alternative characters.

3. That I dont know sorry, never tried it before... [:)]

4. Ownership of the plot can be transferred to another player by letting him pay 1c or 1s (or whatever) for it...
    I dont think it can be done directly to a character of the same account, but with help of a trusted friend or a second account you can run simultaniously it is not difficult...
    you can let your friend/character on other accountbuy it for very little, you relog on your other character and you buy it back for the same amount...

I hope this helps you a little... [:)]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Default Re: Questions about housing ownership and access

1 & 2 are in essence the same and the answer is no, no automatic access. The only access you can grant an alternate character is through the plot or structure permissions.

If your characters aren't all in the same guild your only recourse to giving your chracters acess to your structures is to set the plot perm. to Friends Only (and place your characters names on the friends list for your plot) and the structure permission to Allow All. This *should* keep other people out but allow your characters access. This of course will put a red wall around your plot to anyone not on that friends list and disallow anyone from your plot not on it.

If your characters are in the same guild you can leave the plot perm. open to all and just set the individual structure permissions to Guild Only which will allow access to anyon in your guild but also to your own characters.

3) I really don't know but I would think it would. It is possible that you cannot delete a character owning land. I've never tried personally.

4) The only way to transfer ownership of a plot is with a middle man unless you have 2 subs on you account and can log in both characters at once. Both characters would need to be online at the time of the transfer. If they were unable to be online then a plotless friend would need to be used to hold the plot while you get your other character on to accept the plot.

Thread Information