Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bardic Gathering, Monday August 22nd 9pm est at the Chiconis Zoo

imported_peladon

Default Re: Bardic Gathering, Monday August 22nd 9pm est at the Chiconis Zoo

Bori-gift. The words were but the satire of a Bard, and indeed the Aimitis Seancha be of that company. There be those that have read the words she spoke as the actions of a dwarf-kin of some age and much maundering. There be those wiser yet that see one who seeks great gain for no price get naught save that the foolish one deserves and that delivered with wisdom and wit.

Ye may take what stance ye wish, of course.

May we yet meet, and meet full often, in these lands.

There he goes talking them fancy words agin... whadde say?
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    Damnit Jim! I'm a gnome not a lemming!

Dranar

Nice to hear the postive (And negative) comments here as well of the event. I will continue to host them.

And Swythe, it is not so much the chaos that I minded... in fact, I loved the skit and preformance that you did. Involving everyone with snowballs is a great thing and it did make me laugh. I love a more active event and good flashiness, way to go.

What I did not like is the constent snowball bombardment of others (In particularly Frith) for some time afterwards. While it is easy for someone to have a seperate chat up and not have to see all the spam from them, they are still on the annoying side (Especially for newer people or those who refuse to just ignore them) and disruptive to others.

You can have your fun, that is all and good, but to have fun at the expense of others? To have fun at making others disgrunteled and disliking something? We do all play this game to have fun, if you want to have fun by annoying others I would reccomend going to a PvP server on WoW.

It is just, common courtesy, a respect to others to try and show that. To Allow others to have their time of preformance unabated by things other than the occasional comment.

Though it's true, we can do nothing to you other than /ignore and report you, Swythe.

One thing though I'll never do, is bring the bardic gatherings to be in a channel. To me this defeats one of the major purposes of them, to be a close knit gathering of others, speaking aloud, and interacting. Also this brings others into the attention of the event and bringing them into with interest. To bring it to a seperate chat channel would defeat the major purpose of it, in my opinion.

Though yes, I think it'll be time for a rousing tavern gathering where a massive snow ball fight would be perfectly fine and things far more casual, hehe. I'll have to see about slapping that sslik Dranar into cooking up some good foods one of these day and having them available for the event, though I'd probably do the hosting myself. I am a dragon who does know how to cook! (Even if game mechanics say I can't!)

Again though, thank you for all who attended and preformed.

~Allon

*advances menacingly on Allon* I didn't "preform" one thing! Ok, well, I pre-wrote some of my performances -- still, I didn't cut and paste, I really typed them in live. But so help me, to the MOON, Allon! [:P]

*wanders off muttering* s'gotta be a typo .. or that dragon snout affecting his pronunciation ... or he's doing it to get my goat ... mumblemumblemumble

-Levity

Quote Originally Posted by Swythe Quirksettle
    Why there was this 'disrespect' at the gathering.

When the black dragons first heard of this event(Caillie and Swythe), we decided it would be fun to cause a bit chaos. After all, chaos in Role-Play does enhance the experience.
    (http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/arch...ok_Chapter.pdf)
    So we set out to do it, and got Ruina in on the plan.
    We made snowballs, and called this crashing 'The Day of the Snowball'.
    I was insitant on keeping to the plan, to make sure we see a few people perform, but Ruina didn't stick with it. Although I cannot be held in account for Ruina's comments and most actions (the only planned one was the 'sponser line' that didn't go as I planned, I was waiting till I could pirch somewhere during the choas). We all went with the flow. Those who decided to nit got a good dose of rebuttle back too (and as far as I know, only one of you had the courage to confront me, she's on ignore till I log in next, nothing personal, just RP).

Lets talk about the role-playing there.
    YES it was in character, go read up on "About" on the topic of Draconic Wiccian. The Black Dragon is considered a Chaos Dragon. Since those who role-play sometimes decided to play based on their color, we decided to play based on ours. And so we created chaos (this doesn't make us evil, it makes us unpredictable). This type of stuff is only expected around us.

The Chaos will continue...

BTW, that gnome last night had it right, Swythe shall not eat it. [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

Read this to understand http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/arch...ok_Chapter.pdf
    You can't please all the players at the same time.

*throws a snowball* Mwhahaha.
    Oh give me a #*$& Break - you were directly asked to STOP - both in the say/RP and by myself, and you refused.

Some of you more key comments that shine out are..

"this is a boring event..."

"ha ha you can't stop me Frith"

Your excuse was that since the event was so boring, you had a right to come in and entertain yourselves regardless of wether it was FUN for the OTHER people there.

You continually spammed me (Yes YOU, with Ruina) for 45 minutes with snowballs. Nonstop.

All because yes *I* am the one who had the balls to ask you to stop in a private tell.

Whereas everyone else repeatedly asked you both to stop in RP/Say - all of which you ignored.

Don't even pretend to hide under the guise of RP that you're playing "Chaos" dragons - blahblahblah. Your OOC answers to me were obvious that you were using an RP excuse to literally "Crash a boring event' (your direct words), to entertain YOURSELVES and noone else.

Ignore has nothign to do with RP and everythign to do with taking it personally. "PUtting someoen on Ignore" is not a roleplay feature. Luckily I'm mature enough not to have to put any of you on ignore.

But please, don't come here and try and pass it off as "just having a few minutes of fun and RPing chaos it was all RP so you can't be bothered" That's a lame excuse and you know it - your real intentions were made quite clear, as you said yourself, in OOC.

(note I had no problems with the snowballing before the performances began, nor your performance itself - only that you refused to stop when asked, by almost everyone there at least once. And oh of course, since I had the guts to ask you to stop in a tell, you both then proceeded to spam ONLY me with snowballs for almost an hour)

Yea..nice.

I think it would be a good idea to invite a dev to attend (invisibly). That way any rude behavior that steps over the line pretending to be roleplay could be dealt with immediately. Chaos does not enhance roleplay unless everyone enjoys it.

Or take it over to the Chaos shard. Seriously.

I used to attend a similar function--procedure was not too dissimilar (the Bardic Circle host is an old friend of mine, so I knew quite a bit from her,) with a ring around the story-teller and the host keeping track of who's next. She did lay down some ground rules, which was enforceable through ownership of the hosting area--basically shut up or leave if you're gonna be disruptive.

The problem with HZ Bardic is there's no firm authority--Allon's only playing host--so either some sort of 'tool' that he can use to send an egg-addled moron someplace convienent to his tastes (or whatnot--I like making statues best,) or have someone with higher power attending to assist.

In the meantime, I will work on a personal /brick emote/ignore keyword. :P

Well, I know somethings up when I log in with 4 chat tabs flashing at me. :p :p :p

I've heard a bit from here and bit from there and there's one thing so far that most of both sides are agreeing with: It got WAY out of hand. Yes, that's both sides, as in: instigators and instigatees. Funny how silliness does that every now and again. I've heard of some far fetched reactions happening over this and well...

Everyone please, just take a step back, a deep breath, and sit down for bit. We have some great things going as a community. We've accomplished some great things. We have the potential to accomplish many more.

We can all pour our greivances on the board or we can take another route that I suggest. Write down everything that was done that offended you. No, not just you, both sides. Because in the end everyone was taking offense. Write it all down along with all the things you know you could have done differently and then burn it and bury it and leave it be and hope it doesn't happen again. You're missing something if you are only the offendee. If that's not enough, I'll be online tonight and tomorrow, feel free to vent all you want. :)

This shouldn't take a GM anymore than having a picnic in the park should require a police officer. The says and emotes are fun, but maybe next time, a channel should be created with a moderator. A couple times like that and eventually people will understand enough that the channel will no longer be necessary.

Let go of it. Let the past die, and let's go on as a community. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ASasha
    Due to the recent disruption at the Bardic Gathering and the chaos that ensued, miss Ruina has now taken it upon herself to make sure to enter KCEFriends as mod and is now booting Chet members and friends from it. Until this..garbage...can be settled there is a new KCEFriends2 to go to. I seriously suggest GM's get involved here this is getting way beyond childish.

Asasha Drago
    Looresha Fastclaw
    picked the wrong dragon to mess with deary
    As taken from another thread here in the forums:

If that doesn't say something about the adultness of the parties involved nothing does. It was obvious asking her to stop didn't help. What makes you think writting will!? A good hard kick in the tail is what is needed.

We did get the channel back finally FYI!!!!
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

ASasha

yesh thanks to Chioxin and Ranith! My heros!!!! [Y] [pi] [G] [B]

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoz
    This shouldn't take a GM anymore than having a picnic in the park should require a police officer.
    It's obvious you didn't grow up in the 70's [:P] EVERY picnic in the park, or sit in, or peace protest required a police officer.[;)]

<after post> I just saw the post by Astral.. Hostage situations now? [8-)]

Maybe you SHOULD get a WM involved.. Some things just can't be worked out the "human" way, ya know?
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

ASasha

Yeah this just stinks that it's getting to this point it really does. And what Tokoz says is correct and yes I did file a report on the channel booting. As far as my share of emoting to the instigators my anger? Yeah I did, I'll take responsibility for that, I just don't fully agree with the "ignore and they will go away" policy. How many times did some of us as kids get told that by our parents when there's a bully at school? And how many times did that ignore thing even work? I know for me it was...zero. [:'(]

But yes this is a different situation. As far as what happened today, I logged on..saw Ruina was mod, had a feeling this was going to happen but just grinned and bared it. Didn't want to instigate anything or even get anyone riled up. Didn't say a word as I had her on ignore. Then BAM I was put on ban on my own guild chat channel by a non guild person.[8o|] Ah wellI guess I'll do what needs to be done in an adultish manner, as I know that's something I can lack sometimes.[:$] We do have a great community and I thank everyone on Dragon chat that let me vent after I was kicked. Next time Ill just keep a pad of paper next to me and dig a pen into it [:#]

Until then, free [B] to all,...there's some in my fridge and I'm gonna have some by gosh!!!

A'Sasha mcSashnuggets- the other other white meat
    Looresha Fastclaw-a la mode..mmmmmm

I did grow up in the 70s, just in a different part of the country. :p

World? Unless you're in the Great White North too. [H]
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order

I'm in Utah, which is sort of it's own world...

I grew up in Newbury Park. A small town in southern California. We had many picnics in the two main parks near where I lived.

Afraid neither qualifies as the great white north... :p

It sounds like a good thing I missed this event. I probably would have just up and left, especially if I had something to present. I think it was incredibly rude to the point of harassment.

There's no recourse to stop people from being disruptive, except to ask/tell them to stop and/or go somewhere else. If that fails, then the only other option is to not participate.

I know that if this was a PvP game, certain folks would have been Gold Raged and Prime Bolted into the dirt until they obeyed. So, before any of those responsible claim "It's our RP right to harass others", you better keep in mind that RP responses to your antics are quite limited, and simply saying "*beats so-and-so senseless, leaving you unconscious for the remainder of the event*" would not be honored any more than requests to stop.

In better rules elsewhere, RolePlaying can NOT be used as an excuse to break the rules. Harassment IS against the rules. By breaking that rule, you're not RPing anymore, you're just being a jerk player.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

It's kind of funny, this whole "chatroom takeover" reminds me of things that happened on Spirit and prompted me to nag Amadan to figure out some type of solution.

It worked for the main channels, but I still think they need to allow password protection on channel mod for player made channels so only the person who made the channel can obtain moderator in that channel... then normal moderator commands would stand.

If they make the mistake of giving mod to the wrong person, at least they could regain control by passwording themselves to moderator and booting the... terrorist? (for lack of a better word)
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order

hey as far as I'm concerned..if we only have to deal with such as this once every 18 months or so..we do have a pretty BLEEPING good community :).

(posted response to the 'takeover' in the other thread, won't repeat myself here - we are working on it...)

The Bardic Gatherings will continue .... until morale improves ;)

and that's the important part.

You can only hope.... We did on Spirit, after the 3rd such "takeover" in less than 2 weeks, I felt we had no choice but to involve Amadan. It was during the building of the satyr mines.. kinda hard to coordinate efforts when you're banned from the channel [:O]
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order

*points up to the Roleplay section* I took it on myself to post a condensed log of the Bardic. I left out the contentious bits. I'm sure others have saved the parts that upset them; I wanted to preserve the fun parts.

-Levity

Thread Information